* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107574 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #890 on: 25/01/18, 06:56 »
Hi ladies
Just to let you know my 12 week scan went well, though only one baby remaining.
Hope you are all ok xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Jenso

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #891 on: 25/01/18, 12:49 »
    Congratulations hle, that is fantastic news!

Ilke, I am afraid I don’t know, but it doesn’t seem right. I vaguely remember someone else having a problem with the free cycle, but can’t remember who or the details. Hope someone else is able to help.

How’s everyone getting on?

Offline MrsM16

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #892 on: 28/01/18, 00:20 »
    hi ikle

I had the same problem woth Leona and our free round! she told me my husbands sperm wasnt up to standards but no mention of this at the time! i asked to speak to the manager who told me it was a mistake. My husband froze his sperm once and upon freezing it met the criteria but once defrosted and tested again it didn't meet, it's bound to loose numbers when being defrosted! she did the same thing though, sent me a bill! I was so upset that i demanded to speak to the manager and to not have Leona as our coordinator anymore!

it seems the do try and find any way around not giving you the free cycle! it's such a stressful time as it is and that nearly sent me over the edge!

id tell the manager about this and I'm sure they'll sort it out, it's not your fault they can't fit you in until March  >:(

our 3rd free cycle resulted in out twins anyway  ::)

Offline MrsM16

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #893 on: 28/01/18, 00:21 »
    congratulations hle, wonderful news  ^hugme^

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #894 on: 28/01/18, 10:24 »
    Thanks ladies   xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #895 on: 28/01/18, 13:31 »
    Congrats HLE, great milestone.

Ikle, seems like v good advice to escalate to a manager.

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #896 on: 4/02/18, 15:03 »
    Hey ladies

Just a quick update, after an appealing email to the powers in charge at Gennet they have agreed that we qualify for the 3rd go under the guarantee scheme so whaaay hayyy were going again in March last go this time so I bloody hope it works this time but that's in fates hands.

Hope everyone else is good.

Hle sorry to hear about your twin loss but so pleased you are doing well with the remaining baby.  I hope you are able to enjoy this pregnancy a bit more now.

Ikle x

Offline mrsmblyng

modify
    « Reply #897 on: 20/02/18, 15:17 »
    Hi ladies, I'm not quite ready to join you yet as I'm just going to Gennet in May (hopefully) for DE IVF. But I had a question for you that have gone over. We are debating taking our four year old with us, but I'm worried it will increase stress. He's a good boy, but he is four. I'm also worried about jet lag and his general need to jump on me.

Have any of you taken a child with you? Did you regret it? Was it fun? I'd like to take him because I'd miss him and he would be sad to not go, but I'm trying to set best conditions for success.

Thanks!

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #898 on: 20/02/18, 18:38 »
    Hi mrsmblyng

We took our son, once for an unsuccessful (no eggs at EC) when he was 18 months and again for what turned out to be a successful go when he was just turned 2. Personally it worked for us: distraction, fun with him etc. He looks at a photo of us all and talks fondly of his trip to Prague (he may not actually remember it though!).

There was a fun restaurant in the Palladium with trains that deliver your drinks - he was mad for that. And a v small, free, soft play area in the Palladium too which is where they were when I had my procedures. But obvs he was smaller/ lighter than a 4yo. We’ve got some great pics and memories from taking him to Prague. I must admit, my mum accompanied us when he was 18m, which was a help. Could that be an option?

In reality you will have your lo climbing on you, needing help in and out of cars and whatever else when you’re (hopefully) pregnant. So I wouldn’t especially worry about that. You do your best to minimise, obvs. The risk is more to your body, pulling a muscle etc rather than hurting precious cargo. Having said that, minimising stress is a very wise idea. Maybe a mini break without your DS would be more relaxing and he could have a mini break of his own. Just depends if guilt/ worrying about him would create a new stress! I could convince myself either way lol.

If you do bring him, if you let Gennet know in advance they might be able to ensure you get a private room rather than a cubicle especially if he has to wait there with your OH.

Offline Little orchid

modify
    « Reply #899 on: 22/02/18, 06:22 »
    Hi Cheesy,

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in here. I am also thinking about cycling in Gennet and will be travelling with a 2 yr old. Can I ask what happens the day of EC and OH producing sperm sample? Did your little one accompany you to the clinic that day? Unfortunately we will not have anyone else travelling with us.

Thank you