* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107559 times)

0 Members

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #900 on: 22/02/18, 12:50 »
Ah little orchid, v sensible question but one we didnít actually encounter - because he needed a TESE his sperm was already there and frozen. Iíd talk to the clinic about logistics. I donít know how long fresh sperm lasts. It might be that he could do his part before you go under. If timing is tricky they could freeze it - he could even do it a day or two before.

This will be a scenario they can help with - my guess is without expecting a stranger to sit with your LO which would be hard.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Little orchid

modify
    « Reply #901 on: 22/02/18, 16:38 »
    Thanks Cheesy- awaiting the clinic to get back to me. I am sure itís something they are used to, just trying to picture the whole process before committing to cycling abroad.

Offline LeafyLove

modify
    « Reply #902 on: 25/02/18, 15:59 »
    I have say with LO whilst hubby does his sample and then he with LO whilst I get eggs collected, then we go have cake and leave them to it!

Offline LeafyLove

modify
    « Reply #903 on: 25/02/18, 16:01 »
    Like Cheesy says. Doing IVF with a LO in tow is a pleasure compared to doing it for this first timessssss... for us. She brings a lightness and joy. I am always really glad to have her there to hug and distract.

Offline Little orchid

modify
    « Reply #904 on: 25/02/18, 16:14 »
    Hugs and cake sound good!

Offline LeafyLove

modify
    « Reply #905 on: 25/02/18, 18:53 »
    I thought it would be hard doing it with LO in tow but it really hasn't been for us. Much easier.

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #906 on: 25/02/18, 23:08 »
    We always had a cheeky late breakfast or cake in cafe Imperial afterwards. Iíd forgotten that!

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #907 on: 15/04/18, 13:27 »
    Hi Ladies, 

I just wanted to drop in and give you all an update and say a special thanks to all the ladies that encouraged me to pursue gennet for my 3rd go free.

MrsM16, jenso we mailed the manager and we were given Karolina instead of Leona, she's just wonderful.  They agreed it was a misunderstanding and gave us our 3rd go and we have been so lucky. We went in March and got a confirmed bfp last week.  It's very early days with intermittent freaking out,  initial beta results have been good. 12dp5dt 1034 and 14dp5dt 2224. I had a wobble after trying a clear blue test that only red 2-3 at 5 weeks but everyone assures me they're  notoriously inaccurate and I had my beta checked again Friday so will find out latest results Monday. I've still not told hubby about that bit, this is the first time l've had high beta results that double and he actually got so excited he tried to play nirvana to my tummy when they came through so i don't want my crazy to ruin his moment. I've just pushed it out of my mind until Monday.

I have an early viability scan at 6+1 on the 23rd and then every 2 weeks after that at my miscarriage clinic so I'll keep you posted.  This is however the first pregnancy I've ever had without any bleeding so far so I'm cautiously hopeful.

Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me ladies

Ikle xxx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #908 on: 15/04/18, 18:49 »
    Ickle thatís the best news. Iím so pleased for you. Iím thrilled that you were able to have a sensible discussion with management too. What a fabulous outcome.

Great beta numbers. I know thereís a long way to go and i understand of course your caution. Wishing you all the luck in the world. Keep us posted x

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #909 on: 23/04/18, 10:25 »
    Morning Ladies,

What a fabulous weekend with all that sunshine, I have been out gardening.  I managed to get a load of new lupins and foxglove planted as my garden is a bit of a project right now.

Hle, decorating the baby's room must finally feel real, time is flying by so quickly, it's good that your able to ease off a bit at work.  After such a struggle to get pregnant,  it puts everything else in to perspective, family first.

So just a quick update, our scan went well, one little bean measuring on track, heart beating away fast, snuggling in nicely. I was sure they were going to find no heartbeat or it wound be measuring behind so I was surprised, I still feel a bit numb, scared and excited all at the same time,  it doesn't quite feel real. Our Bean is now the size of an orange pip lol.

Next scan in two weeks, gosh it's going to be a long few weeks as we're still very cautious but that's another milestone passed. If this baby makes it to term I'll be due on my birthday,  What a present to have!!

Big hugs and happy Monday to everyone, hope your all well.

Ikle xxx