* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107572 times)

0 Members

Offline Barlume

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #910 on: 23/04/18, 11:56 »
Oh Ikle, such a good news! I am so happy for you!. How fare along are  you now?
I can relate so much to the "I was sure they were going to find no heartbeat". I was SO sure either, after so many losses and struggles. I will have another scan in two weeks time too and perhaps I will then relax a bit. It doesn't help hubby is soooo excited. He does not even consider the fact that there is still so much that can go wrong! We are living in a lovely bubble and I am terrified it can burst.

Consistent bad nausea is keeping it real though!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #911 on: 23/04/18, 12:49 »
    Oh bless you nausea,  that'll be your twins causing chaos already lol.

My hubby said this morning 'I'm just going to carry on as normal until we get past 12 weeks,  I'm not going to get too attached' so sad that our history gives us such fear. I'm just 6+3 today so still lots that could go wrong.  One day at a time but so far so good,  I just I really hope we're having this conversation in 10 weeks and we can finally relax a bit.

Have a lovely week

Ikle xxx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #912 on: 23/04/18, 12:55 »
    Ikle due on your birthday! The best birthday present for sure. I'm glad your scan went well and I can relate to finding it hard to relax, even now I still worry. How far along are you now? I still don't really believe it's happening, it's the strangest thing, despite now feeling lots of movement and I now have a bump. My next scan is in 3.5 weeks time because I'm consultant led. I had my last midwife before I came on holiday and I have another appointment at the end of next week. They are looking after me well. Touch wood so far I have been really well. I get a bit breathless from my insides being squashed and more tired at the end of a day, but other than that I feel great. I have had backache this week on holiday, but I think it's the bed. Trying to decide how long to take off work before the baby is due. I was thinking 2 weeks, but some people look at me like I'm crazy when I say that and think I will need more time. Any thoughts? I know I can change my mind at work on the date. x

Barlume - My husband is the same, however he believes we should be enjoying it and not enjoying it doesn't affect the outcome. Wise man, but I find that harder for sure. How far along are you now? I hope the nausea isn't too bad. It's those twinnies causing havoc!

Offline Barlume

modify
    « Reply #913 on: 23/04/18, 13:48 »
    Oh Hle, it's so reassuring for me to know you are on my same path...just a bit ahead! I am 7w3d today and nausea really kicked in around Friday-Saturday in a more consistent way. Before that it was just not there all the time. Now there is a pattern: I get super hungry to a point I am shacking, then I eat, I feel full after two mouthfuls and the nausea starts... I basically have only small windows of feeling ok, from after digestion and before hunger LOL.
    Lighter symptoms are being breathless too (but that I believe it's done to progesterone, it always make me feel this way), sore breast, acne (damn!) and insomnia. Everybody knows I can sleep 10-12 solid hours. Now, no matter how late I go to bed, I am awake between 5 and 7am....grrrrrr.....

I have got a question for you. How have you been advised to stop the medication by Gennet? My coordinator said to let her know once I reach 12 weeks and she'll give me instructions, but I am curious to know how they suggest to cut down...

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #914 on: 23/04/18, 14:04 »
    Oh Barlume, that sounds grim! However nice reassuring signs that this is happening. I had very occasional nauseous hour here and there around 7-9 weeks and that's it, apart from the breathlessness and occasional not stabbing pains in my nipples (not fun). However I had awful insomnia from 7 - 19 weeks, hormone related apparently and now much better thankfully.  I still maintain if I didn't know I was pregnant I would not have known up until a couple of weeks ago when my bump pooped and I got constant movement. Madness.

So! From what I remember the one a day things just stop on the first day of week 12. The 2/3 times a day were cut down to none over 2/3 days from first day of week 12 and if on steroids they were cut down over a week from the first day of week 12. I remember feeling really nervous about stopping the drugs. The consultant has kept me on a blood thinning injection and a small dose of aspirin as my bmi is over 35. Have you booked or had your first midwife appointment? Do you get more scans with twins? x

Offline Barlume

modify
    « Reply #915 on: 23/04/18, 14:40 »
    Thanks Hle. I am taking so many different medications that who knows how they'll decide to cut them down. I am wearing estrogen patches, taking 4x estrogen pills, 3x progesterone pessaries and 1x clexane. It's a lot to remember but so far I managed to stay on top. Did you had any side effects or anything made you notice you stopped taking them? I will be terrified too!

I am having a scan at 9 weeks and another at 12, but not sure how many more after that. Midwife will let me know I guess - I will see her shortly after my week 9 scan. Between twins, multiple miscarriages and Asherman's...my guess is they will keep a close eye on me.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #916 on: 23/04/18, 14:49 »
    So your oestrogen will be cut down over 4 days,  progesterone over 3 and probably just stop the clexane that day. Not sure what will happen with your patches. No side effects from coming off them, so that was nice. I'm sure you will be consultant led, so that usually brings more scans, which is nice. I had my first consultant appointment at 13 weeks, but may be different with twins and your ashermans. Not long until your next scan anyway, or mine really. I'm 27 weeks on Saturday. Bonkers! x

Offline Barlume

modify
    « Reply #917 on: 23/04/18, 15:12 »
    Thanks HLE! So excting you are 27 weeks already - seems yesterday you announced the BFP!

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #918 on: 3/05/18, 15:40 »
    Hi ladies,  had a bit of a break due to a panic after bleed over the weekend but scanned today and all good.

Hle, 2 weeks sounds plenty on the surface but its not just about prepping for the baby. 
    I guess you also have to factor in how impractical it well be for you to get to work and be at work heavily pregnant.  I'm my team I've had one girl work up to the week before and she was fine,  and one have to finish 6/5 weeks early because her legs swelled,  she had to wear a special belt she was so big and she was exhausted because she was so uncomfortable she didn't sleep. It sounds like your finding pregnancy quite easy,  do have to travel a lot with work or stand around?

Barlume, scan buddy,  great to hear the beans are doing well I'm so pleased how's hubby doing now? Does it feel real yet? Are you having any special tests?

Afm - we had our follow up scan and baby measuring right on 8 weeks, 15.6mm and a good strong heartbeat. Overwhelmed, they had to keep showing me the heartbeat I just couldn't believe the baby was in their! Next scan 10 weeks and I have the midwife appointment Tuesday morning.

Can't believe we've passed the 8 week milestone, over the moon.  We've started calling little bean 'Alf' so I'm invested now.
    If we get passed 10 weeks that will be the furthest we've got.  Then we're going to do the harmony to check everything is ok and probably find out the gender.

Hey to everyone else, hope your all good and ready for the weekend sunshine
    Big hugs everyone
    Ikle xxx

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #919 on: 3/05/18, 17:51 »
    Ikle, that's amazing!! I bet seeing that made it so much more real :) I still have 2.5 more weeks to go for my scan (at 11 weeks, ugh!!), we'll also opt to do NIPT for a bit of peace of mind (or knowing what to expect) and to find out the sex early.