* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107567 times)

0 Members

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #930 on: 27/05/18, 19:32 »
Bubbalove, ahh thatís just amazing. :)

Hle, you must be huge by now!! So exciting. Are you starting to feel more tired? What exactly does the "consultant lead" entail?

Ikle, so happy to hear your scan went well. Are you due on the 8th of December too? We had our scan last week and the baby was measuring a couple days ahead as well. We'll do our Harmony-equivalent-test on Wednesday. Feels like thatíll be the last big first-trimester hurdle to cross.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline IceAndFire

modify
    « Reply #931 on: 27/05/18, 21:26 »
    Hi girls :) congratulations on your pregnancies :)

Cheesy, my husband also has OA did they froze the sperm after TESA? My clinic in Iceland said itís not good to do it so they only used fresh sperm.

We have decided to go abroad for the treatment and Gennet is one of the clinics we are interested in. Does anyone has some practical advice before starting treatment there. I would really appreciate that :)

Does any of you had PGD done there?

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #932 on: 28/05/18, 10:04 »
    Hi and welcome fire&ice

I'm sorry I don't know about TESA or PGD. In terms of advice for gennet of having treatment Prague.  I wish we'd got prices for all the drugs on the protocol to compare in the uk so we knew what to buy in bulk in czech to save money and also what would be hard to get hold of.
    Be clear what you get in guarantees and what are the rules and exclusions.  What is included and what will be extras. I think the biggest thing  I've learnt and I've been to three different clinics for ivf is to have a doctor,  clinic and team you trust so you can relax during your treatment and go with the flow.  Good luck. 

Hey Sunny,  we must be due around the same time. Based on transfer dates my due date was December 15th but I was dated 12 weeks on Sat with a new due date of 8th Dec. I'm starting to get nervous about telling people now.  Silly I know but I'm nervous people might think I'm too old to be a mum after my mother in law pointed out I'll be 50 when Alf starts school.  I'm not an old 44 and I've never felt old but it's playing on my mind a bit now.

I hope everyone else is good,  big hugs

Ikle xxx

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #933 on: 28/05/18, 16:09 »
    Hi Ice, welcome! I kept a diary of my IVF journey at Gennet (link is in my signature) and also interviewed a couple of Gennet staff members in case you're interested in checking that out. I don't think there are many of us who went the PGD or PGS route though.

Ikle, yay due date buddies!! Age is just a number as I'm sure you know :)

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #934 on: 28/05/18, 16:29 »
    Ikle and Sunny I'm glad to hear you are doing so well and have reached the 12 week milestone.

Ikle people are so insensitive and age is but a number. Our nursery is white with a great feature wall that a nice white transfer of a tree is going on. It's hard not to get carried away with buying and what to buy isn't it. I have been given quite a bit second hand and of course bought some new things too. Trying to remember babies don't need much at first and that the shops will all still be open! I am taking advantage of the weather today and have started to wash and dry our baby clothes. Ikle we are double donor and I too wonder what the baby will look like. I kind of regret telling people we are donor now as part of me doesn't ever want our child to know, but now we will have to tell them. Always thought I wanted them to know and now I'm not so sure.

Sunny - Consultant led means as well as seeing a midwife you see the consultant and have more scans. In our hospitals there  are midwife rooms (nicer and less medical, includes the pools) and consultant rooms (medical looking) and no pools. If you have had ivf in the UK you are usually with one.

Cheesy - nice to hear from you and I hope all is good with you. Thanks for sharing that, hopefully they will be the same with me.

Hi fire and ice sorry i don't know either. have you tried the Gennet cycling page?

x

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #935 on: 28/05/18, 21:12 »
    Iím sorry, I have only been dipping in super quickly - mad house today. So Iíll read back tonight. But quickly, Iceandfire, I donít think what you were told resonates with what I was told. That said, Iím sure fresh is the ideal if at all possible. We did my husbandís TESE before we did anything else; he needed to know for himself if he was producing any sperm. I hadnít done all my tests with Gennet so wasnít ready to cycle. Iím sure one could cycle and do the tese on EC day and try and use fresh, and have back up DS if needed. But we were told the freezing process Gennet (and many clinics these days) use has a negligible impact on sperm quality. So we froze and I think thatís what many/ most people do. Whereas I was warned off trying to do egg banking and freezing eggs because apparently they do suffer through the freeze and thaw process.

I can highly, highly recommend Dr Vik, urologist at Gennet. Great surgeon and a sympathetic, nice man. Best of luck. Iíll log on again later but must dash now.

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #936 on: 29/05/18, 04:16 »
    Ikle, I agree with the other ladies: how insensitive Re age. You may be ďolderĒ but youíre far from ancient and there are plenty of ladies on here the same age or older who are smashing it. Donít panic. Sure, younger folk might (might) have more energy, but they donít have the same experience or common sense. And someone has to be the oldest mum at the school gate. So what if itís you. My sig is out of date, Iím not that much younger than you. Iím on the older end at my eldestís preschool and nearly twice as old as his teacher but I donít care. If Iíd had my kids younger theyíd have been from a different bloke and they wouldnít be the kids I have. And I wouldnít change them for the world. The days when I feel knackered are from successive bad nights (#2 doesnít sleep well) but I reckon Iíd feel just as rubbish if I was years younger. And honestly in this day and age I think people are used to people having kids later. I donít think your age would be remarkable or negative. I think people would just be thrilled to hear your news. I hate to think of you feeling anxious about sharing your happy news.

Bubba, Iím sorry I missed your post. What a fabulous, uplifting post. And I know what you mean about the Frosties. Iím exactly the same.

Offline IceAndFire

modify
    « Reply #937 on: 30/05/18, 11:12 »
    Thank you girls for the info :) I will check it out.

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #938 on: 1/06/18, 09:14 »
    I feel so blessed to have this forum to share my fears and thoughts with,  aren't you ladies fabulous.

I realised that actually amongst us my age isn't unusual and instead of being embarrassed I should be proud of the fact that despite our journey we never gave up and here we are and I might not be 30 any more but that won't make me any less a fantastic mum.

Ok I might not win the parents race at sports day but with my age has come stability,  experience,  I'm certainly calmer,  I won't miss nights out and I'm working on not caring what people think more.

Big hugs all round

Ikle xxx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #939 on: 1/06/18, 14:38 »
    Ikle what a great post.