* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107578 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #940 on: 14/06/18, 17:10 »
Hi ladies how you all getting on? I'm 34 weeks on Saturday and have my next growth scan on the 21st, so will report back then. I'm still feeling super well and so far so good with the baby. I have almost done all of my antenatel classes and only 3 weeks left at work now. It's still all so surreal!  xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Barlume

modify
    « Reply #941 on: 15/06/18, 12:03 »
    OMG Hle, I can't believe you are near the end already! So happy for you and to hear all is good.
    I am 15 weeks and will have a scan next week. I hope they will be able to find out the genders of the babies (we know one is a boy). Other than that my pregnancy so far is uneventful, which makes me worry sometimes. My belly is not big AT ALL, even if it's grown a little since my last scan at 13 weeks. I literally can't wait for it to explode so that I will know babies are growing too. Ohhh the anxiety!!!

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #942 on: 15/06/18, 12:25 »
    Barlume I have been the same all the way along, it's been uneventful which is a good thing, but hard to hang onto it when you want to feel pregnant. However, we are lucky really as some people would kill to be in our position. My belly didnt pripperly look pregnant until 30 weeks, though growth is normal. It's so hard not to worry isn't it xx

Offline Barlume

modify
    « Reply #943 on: 15/06/18, 14:41 »
    Thanks Hle, that is very reassuring. I have been having a 'stretchy' feeling in my abdominal area for a couple of days now, literally like if my belly wanted to expand but was instead contained by the muscles around there. As far as babies are ok I promised myself to stop worry after the 16 week scan ;D. Well, I guess I said the same in between every single scan LOL.
    I am totally grateful too for the babies and for how well everything has been going. It's just difficult to believe in good news after so many years of pain!

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #944 on: 15/06/18, 16:44 »
     I still don't believe it a 34 weeks (tomorrow) despite having a bump and loads of movements. It's surreal. I told myself I would stop worrying after 12 week scan, then 20, then the 30 week scan, but the worry is still there, however it does reduce and I have accepted that its natural given everything we have been through/are going through. I think around 16 weeks I had a lot is stretchy feelings and from then started to get thicker around my middle, but a full on no arguing she's pregnant bump did not come until much later and like I said my baby is smack bang in the middle of average sized. Peoples bumps are not always a good indicator of grrowth, but scans are and in IVF we ae lucky to get more, so try and think about those rather than your bump, which will come. In terms of movement I had one random incident at 16 weeks, a few days at 19 weeks and nothing until 22 weeks when I got loads and this has increased and got stronger from then. Movement is lovely and reassuring once you feel it all the time, but at first another worry until you feel it daily, which takes a while and is sporadic at first. Women would defo swap with us feeling so normal and there is a good chance you will continue like that really, which is brilliant. x

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #945 on: 17/06/18, 13:42 »
    Hey Hle,

I literally can't believe how the time has flown by,  I still remember you having your 12 week scan. I  know now what you meant back then about it hardly feeling real,  even now some times, I feel the same now. Before union know it you'll be doing might feeds and nappies and  probably still pinching yourself that it's all real.

I've been so lucky to follow you on this journey,  you've been so open and honest and made me feel like so many of my thoughts and my concerns are ok as you've had similar experiences.  I just wanted to thank you for that before things get chaotic with feeds and babies. Although we probably all have fabulous friends and families unless someone had been in our situation it's hard to understand how it feels. I also have done stretching feelings but not as bad as last week.  I still listen out for Alf everyday to just check his little heart is beating so I feel reassured he's still with me.  Also still don't believe we've been so blessed.

Barlume,  great to hear your doing so well, a little bump is lovely,  it'll pop pop soon enough, tbh I'm still pretty small in the mornings I just have lots of bloating if I eat,  Alfs still tiny so my belly isn't baby, I'm hoping that will go down as I progress.

Happy Sunday everyone, have a fabulous week

Iklex

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #946 on: 21/06/18, 11:37 »
    Ikle that's so lovely thank you. I too have had so much help and comfort from these boards and the lovely ladies behind them. It's something people do not understand properly unless they are going through it.

Saw the consultant and had scan today at 34 + 5 days. All good with baby who is 5lbs 8oz (roughly). All good with me. Had a nice appointment discussing birth preferences, lots to weigh up, but I'm hoping for a waterbirth and no induction. We will see. Next appointment at 38 + 5. I had my leaving meal with work last night, which all seemed surreal! I finish work two weeks today, but I feel super well and reckon I could work longer, but I'm not going too. I'm going to enjoy that time and hopefully get to my local bumps to babes group. Still kicking on through the list of jobs that need don't before baby arrives, but feel we are getting there. I'm just washing some baby grows to dry outside and that's a lovely feeling. How Is everyone else? x

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #947 on: 21/06/18, 18:31 »
    HLE your post we so lovely,  I can almost imagine you washing and pegging out baby grows while humming to yourself snow white style.

I've started feeling great again,  so lucky.  I've caught this frenzied cleaning urge and after last week's scan I've actually allowed myself to start buying baby bits, possibly to many cute little outfits. I couldn't help myself.

We're starting to think about everything else we need to buy and add it up now,  I'm hoping time flies for me as fast as it did for you lol.

Good luck with the water birth, very serene and calming

Ikle xxx

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #948 on: 21/06/18, 19:07 »
    That's so incredibly exciting Hle! You're almost there!!!!

Ikle, I'm assuming the Harmony test showed everything is (probably) fine? Sill can't believe we have the same due date haha. Glad to hear you're feeling better :)

I'll be 16 weeks this weekend! All tests so far came back normal and I'm just waiting for the big and scary ultrasound in a few weeks. Already feeling nervous just thinking about it lol. Nervous and slightly excited, I think?

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #949 on: 21/06/18, 21:59 »
    Hi Sunny,

Yes all fab and a little boy!

Had a scan on Tuesday, he's fabulous just chilling sucking his his thumb,  so my next one is in 6 weeks, that feels like a lifetime away. 

Here in the UK you have a scan at 12 week,  16wk if under a consultant, 20 and I'm not sure after that.  What's the program over there?
    Is this the first scan on a few weeks?
    How exciting for you to see how much baby has grown and developed over these last few weeks.  Are you finding out the gender of baby or opting for a surprise?

Can't wait for the update

Hugs to everyone else

Ikle x