* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 107558 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #970 on: 12/08/18, 10:39 »
Hey Apple's, so lovely to hear from you,  and a little boy how fabulous. I get what you mean about the posting, I drop an update in usually after a major scan but am still a bit superstitious about posting too often. I don't want to get over confident, probably won't until I'm actually holding my baby.

HLE wowzers, 60 hours, what a wonder woman you must be, and a cesarian, I don't know how  are you managing to cope with everything as well as healing.  I hope you are getting plenty of baby Albert cuddles to keep your spirits up.

Sunny,  so glad your 20 week scan went well, feeling movement is reassuring too, not long before this little kicks become whoppers. Is it all starting to feel real for you yet.

Northern,  Lovely to hear from you,  not sure if you'll see this but would love to hear how you are doing.

Big hugs too all

Ikle xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Super125

modify
    « Reply #971 on: 14/08/18, 18:54 »
    Apples - i am in tears - i am so so happy for you. What an incredible update to read. You were so wonderful and supportive to me and i remember you messaging me whilst i was in prague by myself collecting my little lucy back in 2016. This really has made my week - Jo xxx

Offline Super125

modify
    « Reply #972 on: 14/08/18, 18:57 »
    Hello to all you other wonderful ladies and a huge congratulations to HLE on the birth of your baby boy xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #973 on: 15/08/18, 16:31 »
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. Albie is amazing. I had a set back when a haematoma burst through my section, causing bleeding and a 4 inch opening, which has set me back a bit. However, I am get there and my husband had had taken  month off work thankfully, so he's around to share the load. Albert is worth it anyway and I would do it all again in a heartbeat, certainly not complaining. xx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #974 on: 15/08/18, 16:59 »
    Great post HLE. So sorry about the burst haematoma which must have been quite frightening. But thank goodness your dh can take that time off and I love how upbeat, brave and positive youíre being. Has Albie had any mad growth spurts and feeding frenzies? I remember it more with DS1 than 2 and it was exhausting when it happened! Look after yourself hon. I hope there are no more complications x

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #975 on: 18/10/18, 08:58 »
    Hello
    Hope you donít mind me posting here.

Looking for some advice from donor egg and FET gennet veterans. They have added ovitrelle to my cycle this time. 3 doses. Iíve read scientifically there isnít much proof it helps but obviously Iím willing to try anything.
    Do you guys think itís worth it? It costs £40 an injection here in the U.K. Can anyone remember how much it cost in Prague and if you managed to successfully keep it at a low temperature on your return home. Many thanks.

Offline apples2014

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #976 on: 18/10/18, 09:37 »
    Hello!

Aw Cheesy and Ickle and Super Jo xxx and northern and HLE thanks for the love.
    Iím hardly on here but Iíve been meaning to reply for ages and ages.

Still literally pinching myself every single day. HLE now is baby Albie and how are you lovely? Ickle and Barlume if you are reading thinking of youís and itís not that long now ah! Xxx

All okay here. Iím almost 32 weeks. I am so happy and so excited as is DH. We know we are having a little boy. We was weak and caved ha ha. Iím under a very good consultant who told me at week 17 I would need to have an elective c section for lots of reasons which I was a bit weirded out by initially but after about a week it sank it and I thought nope itís taken 11 embryo transfers to get here Iím doing exactly as Iím told. Iím having a growth scan at 34 weeks, seeing the consultant again at 35 weeks and c section will be most likely second week of December! Totally surreal. We are so excited. Iím loving being pregnant, just over the moon. Had a few worries here and there about growth and been scanned a lot but I think because they watching me so closely it helps me to not worry too much. I feel well looked after. Been in full decluttering and nesting mode, we did NCT which was really good and funny, Met some nice people and Iíve been doing pregnancy yoga but even doing that Iím still starting to waddle and get stiff! Had some family bereavements and illness too so have been seeing family a lot but all is very good here otherwise. Thank you for the lovely words xxx
    Hle how is he? How are you? Xx

Making a poppy seed I saw your post just now and couldnít not reply.
    Sending you lots of good luck with your transfer. In answer to your question I would take it yes it canít hurt. Overtrille is a trigger injection same as pregnyl but pregnyl has become very hard to get hands on these days. I used to be with Penny at serum b4 Gennet and both clinics take the view that 3 injections after a FET can help with implantation so I always thought okay I would do it as it can only help! I also am aware there is limited research on it but these two clinics are mega fab so if they say so I was going to do it.

Call Aliís pharmacy in Shadwell (london just google) and ask them in they have access to any pregnyl anymore. If they do they (unsure itís around anymore but itís worth a try)!You can ask your coordinator to email and post the script. Pregnyl is just a few pounds thatís all!

Overtrille for some annoying reason is much more expensive but itís the Same drug. I suppose it comes in a pen form and you donít have to mix it but hardly justifies the price! Anyways it is slightly cheaper at Gennet. I used to take over a little marks and Spencerís freezer bag (had a scotch egg on it of all things) and we used to nip over to the supermarket across the way from Gennet and buy two packets of frozen peas and pack the Overtrille or the pregnyl in there. We used to pick up the peas and the drug just before we went to the airport and it was always still very cold when we got home. It just isnít allowed to get to room temperature thatís all. So as long as you have a fake ice thingie or frozen veg you will be absolutely fine. We went for the frozen peas as no one at any airport cared at all and there is no liquids issues and they cost £1!
    I hope this helps you! So much good luck xxxx

Lots of love Apples xx

Offline Makingapoppyseed

modify
    « Reply #977 on: 18/10/18, 10:05 »
    Apples thank you so much for your reply. I think pregnyl has been discontinued in the U.K. so Iíll buy in Prague and do the frozen peas. I love that you had a bag with a little scotch egg on it!

Wishing you well and glad to see you have settled into the pregnancy and are in nesting mood.

Hle, ickle and Barlume hope you are all doing well. Itís reassuring to pop over to this board sometimes and see that it can work eventually. Take care everyone xxxx

Offline HopefulKayte

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #978 on: 14/11/18, 01:14 »
    Any buddies still around in this thread, or new ones wanting to post here??

Kayte

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #979 on: 8/12/18, 08:18 »
    Quick update ladies

After what feels like a million years on this tortuous fertility journey I feel so very blessed to be able to say that our son Theo Albert was born on Friday, 6lb13oz by cesarian section, I'm so in love it's s rediculous!

Big hugs,  Ikle xxx