* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 108978 times)

0 Members

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
modify
Gennet Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #120 on: 24/06/15, 05:47 »
Mammy and pbal a big congrats on your 12 week scan - Christmas babies what an amazing present after all the waiting 👍 weaning off the Meds is fine and honestly such a relief when you realise you're med free I even came off my thyroxine which I thought I'd be on for life after taking! 😊

Clem - lovely news I hope you are all doing well and finding some time to sleep/recharge

Superstar big congrats - keep testing the rising hcg as this will reassure you 👍

Afm - I can hardly believe our little ladies are 12 weeks today such and an amazing 12 weeks it has been
They are SUCH good girls we are truly blessed - they're so happy smiling and cooing and they sleep from 7pm to 5am without a peep 😇 I could have kissed them all day when they started this two weeks ago - we are taking them on their first trip to Cornwall tomorrow for the week and back to watergate bay where we got married. It's a dream come true to take our babies back with us 💕

Waves to all - hope our new mums fee and Aussie are doing well.

Bundles how are you getting on?

Theo any more milestones accomplished your end?

Sporty how's the job hunting/plans for your next cycle coming along?

XxxxxxxX

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Sporty_girlie

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 24/06/15, 09:11 »
    Magic - we leave for Mawgan Porth on Sunday. It's the next beach along to Watergate Bay, isn't it?  We should meet up. It'd be lovely to introduce Baby Sport to your twins. He already has an eye for the girl babies  ;D

The job hunting has started bi had one first interview last week, which went okay and I'm through to the next stage, but I haven't heard anything about when that will be, so not sure if there's been a change of mind. I also got offered a contract role in 2016 in Frankfurt yesterday which I've declined. I really want to be permanent before the next cycle so I get maternity leave next time and don't need to hunt for another job.

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 24/06/15, 16:51 »
    Yay sporty I'll pm you 👍

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 28/06/15, 22:22 »
    Sorry, not read back yet but will do. Hope everyone is OK.

Took some time out at DH request. Not decided next steps yet. All well with pickle. Looking forward to catching up on news of all our beans, bumps and bubbas. xxx

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 29/06/15, 16:17 »
    Hey Everyone - We're back from holiday!

RB - what a scare.  I hope you're getting over it a bit now and completely understand your need to put off the next go.  XXX   ^hugme^

PBAL and Mammy - I was also moved 5 days.  The lady doing the scan says this is common with IVF pregnancies but she didn't know why.  Its all guess work anyway, how many babies actually come on their due date anyway! 

PBAL - was intrigued that they have given you a date for C-section already!  I would have thought they would wait until much nearer the time.  Couldnt do the NT measurements on my two either. Neither one would stay still.  At least you can have the blood test.  I'm sure its fine, its such a small risk and our donors are nice and young anyway!

Willclementine - HOOORAY - that is fabuous news!   ^hugme^ ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Super - Thats Super duper news (sorry for the pun I cant help it!)  Welcome aboard.  Betas look nice and high to me!  Did you have one or two put back???

Sporty and Magic - Have a FAB time on your jollies - hope you get to meet up!

Sporty - Hope the nursery situation is settling down.  And you'll find a lovely job soon, I just know it.   ^hugme^

Magic - lucky you on the sleep front - they sound like angels - this 12 weeks has gone so fast!

Anyway - we had a great time on holiday - lots of just lazing around (keeping to the shade) and eating lots of lovely food.  Twas lovely.  Back to work today though - but I am cheered up that I probably only have about 2 and a half months until I start mat leave!   ;D  HOORAY - anomaly scan part 2 on Friday - nice timing as its also our wedding anniversary.  So we're going to check in on the kids then go for a film and dinner!  YAY

Offline Idlikemagic

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #125 on: 1/07/15, 22:39 »
    Hi ladies
    Just back from Cornwall and so lovely to be able to meet up with sporty 👍

Jellie - your post bright back memories - sporty and I were only reminiscing of the life we had pre babies 😉 enjoy the you time Jellie 😉

Hope everyone is well and coping in this heat - bless my
    Little ladies they are doing super well sleeping through still in this heat all be it in just their nappies tonight bless them xx

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #126 on: 7/07/15, 09:47 »
    HI everyone

IDLIKE - glad you had a great time on your holidays.  You chose the right week to be there!  Did you cope well with the girls???  I am hoping that we will get a bit of a seaside break next year but we will have to see!  Your little ladies are soooo good coping with this heat.  Bless them (and you!)  Nice that its a little cooler this week though!

Scan part two was better, but twin A is still being a little madam!  she was head down face down and was not budging for anyone!  The sonographer got most of what she needed but just couldn't see two things.  But hey ho.  I'm sure its all fine.  It was lovely to see them again AND I have another scan on the 17th.  Just growth this time and a consultant appointment. 

23 weeks now so its really flying by!  I read something yesterday that put the wind up me!  It said in twin pregnancies you're at such an increased risk of prem labour, you should have your bag packed from week 28!  Thats only blimmin 5 weeks away  <<<FAINTS>>>  crikey I need to get my skates on.  We cleared the garage of 9 years of rubbish on Sunday so the Nursery is NEXT!  YIPPEE   ;D

Offline Mammy86

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 7/07/15, 10:48 »
    Hi ladies,

Jellie that's great that everything is going so well with the twinnies:) your time is flying by, is it two girls your having??

Pbal how are you doing?? 15weeks on Friday:):) how are you feeling?

Afm I'm doing great, 15weeks on Friday and feeling very normal at this stage, I believe that's normal though? The wait from 12week to 20week scan is a killer:)

Offline PBAL

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 7/07/15, 12:00 »
    Hi all

Jellies I can't belive it's 23 weeks already. Wow. It must feel so real now.

Mammy I'm glad you are feeling normal. It's about time we feel normal in this journey. Are you off the medication now?
    I'm in shock we will be 15 weeks on Friday.  According to my doc  I'm 15 weeks and 1 day.

I have to be on cyclogest pessaries till 20 weeks. Yuk.

I'm still on clexane  how do you taper this or should I remain on it till 30 weeks. I suppose I should ask my doctor.

But otherwise feeling good xxxx

Pbal xxx

Offline theodora

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #129 on: 7/07/15, 13:31 »
    PBAL, if you are on Clexane due to immune issues and/or thrombophilia issues, you are supposed to stay on it until 6 weeks after giving birth.

If you are doing a planned birth (C section or other induction) you will stop 24 hours beforehand or stop & switch to heparin. Heparin has a shorter half-life & there exists an antidote to it so if they have to do a spinal needle of any kind they won't worry about you bleeding too much...Otherwise if on Clexane you will have to stop & wait at least 12 hours before you can have an epidural as the anesthesiologist will insist on that.

Time is passing so fast!

Sorry for no personals, our boy keeps me busy... & he types away rapidly with both hands then clicks the mouse, causing all sorts of havoc, so I try not to be on the computer when he is awake.  ;) And since he never sleeps more than 10 hours at night and 30 min-2 hours nap once a day, that doesn't leave me much time to do anything at all! He still nurses every two hours at night, it's crazy but that just seems to be the way he is so I just do it. I'd been sleeping seperately for a while with him in his room, but have moved back to the bed with my husband which makes it a bit more difficult.

He is over 14 months, goes up/down stairs, runs around like mad, & is having a wonderful time. We had to switch babysitters & the new one is all right, but we have our fingers crossed for a spot in the creche starting in November going halfday mornings. Can't hold our breathe as I doubt we will get a spot, the creches are extra full & first priority is to parents who both work full time & for multiple-child families. The babysitter is 3 hours twice per week, & is supposed to leave me alone for a bit, but today it is raining so either I have to go out or I have to accept that it's not really alone time. We had a few activites here & there, but France has begun its summer shut-down & the only things left are for older kids. The play group I started with a few other moms meets usually twice a week, but now that vacations are here & there are the usual days off for illness etc it is often just 2-3 kids -- but even that is great & I am so glad we were able to find people here & there.

No new plans for new kids.....