* Author Topic: GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3  (Read 108973 times)

0 Members

Offline hle

• Gold Member
modify
GENNET Graduates & Friends part 3
« Reply #920 on: 3/05/18, 18:16 »
Ikle

I am so pleased to read about Alf, I am rooting for you. A bleed sounds scary, but I'm glad it's all ok. How you feeling?

I have found it easy so far, touch wood. However today my legs ache and my feet are swollen and I feel I could go on mat leave now, haha. However, I'm hoping today is a one off. I'm a family outreach worker, supporting families in their homes, so a lot of office, driving, meetings and supporting in the home. My job is more mentally than physically stressful, that said I can't stand or sit for long periods without getting uncomfortable. Work have been brilliant and said I can change my mind nearer to the time. So I will see how I feel as I guess it's difficult to anticipate how I will feel then. I'm 28 weeks tomorrow and my bump isn't huge so I'm managing ok. Thank goodness for my sketchers though, I can't wear anything else at the mo as I need my feet to be comfortable more so now than ever.

Barlume - how are you getting on?

Sunny - how you getting on with that wait? Are you feeling well? xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #921 on: 4/05/18, 23:14 »
    Don't get to read as often as I'd like but there's always a place in my heart for the Gennet girls  :) I just wanted to say congratulations Ikle  ^hugme^ and don't worry, you do get to enjoy the second pregnancy a bit more  ;)
    So nice to see a few of you able to go through it together  :)  How about some tickers so that we can see how far along you are  :)

xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #922 on: 5/05/18, 08:32 »
    Bundles how do you add tickers and information below?

Offline Sunny-FL

modify
    « Reply #923 on: 7/05/18, 17:05 »
    Hle, you can upload your ticker (first create one) to your signature by going to "Modify Profile" and add the BBCode or link right there in the signature box. Glad things are going well and work has been understanding :)

Offline bundles

• Volunteer
    • Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so ! D.Adams
    modify
    « Reply #924 on: 7/05/18, 19:16 »
    Hi Hle sorry it's been a mad week & only just got back to the PC (too hard on mobile sometimes !)  :-\  There is a thread on it here :

https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=323858.0

xx

Offline bubbalove

modify
    « Reply #925 on: 22/05/18, 12:50 »
    just felt the need to write and say all is great and really thankful.  I remember when I started this journey I trolled here often and feel it s my time to leave a message for others doing the same :) My little one is 15 months now and fantastic: Either my husbands genes are super strong or gennet is amazing at matching-the little one looks exactly like my daughter did at the same age...and she is the spitting image of me :).  I do think of the donor factor at times but that does not change my feeling that is he 100% mine and my love equal to that of my daughter.  My family is complete...though yes, still have my frosties that I cant let go of:). Big hugs to all. You are all amazing women with amazing courage.

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #926 on: 22/05/18, 19:15 »
    thanks bubba what a lovely message to share. I am due in 10 weeks, double donor and it's good to hear your daughter looks like you. xx

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #927 on: 27/05/18, 10:02 »
    Morning ladies

How are you all getting on? I'm 31 weeks now, had a growth scan last week and the baby is smack bang in the middle of average and the consultant is happy. I'm still feeling well, though I'm more tired and uncomfortable now, but totally worth it. Only 6 weeks left at work and I have started to slow down there a bit. We are busy buying last bits and pieces for the nursery and baby which is fun and I'm finally letting myself believe that I'm having a baby. We have done all of our antenatel classes now, except hypnobirthing, which is coming up in June. We found them super helpful and I feel informed and more prepared for labour. I really want a water birth or at least to be in the pool at some point, but because I'm consultant led this will need to be agreed. However I'm hoping that because baby and I have been so well that they will let me. The pool rooms were lovely. Very in hospital like and huge! xxx

Offline Cheesy

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #928 on: 27/05/18, 16:47 »
    Great update HLE. Time seems to have flown by, but maybe it doesnít feel like that for you. I was consultant led too but allowed to use midwife-led suite and pool rooms so I hope you get the birth you want too. The pool was great! Hope last weeks of work arenít stressful. Keep popping by with updates, itís getting exciting x

Offline iklefeet

modify
    « Reply #929 on: 27/05/18, 17:39 »
    Bubbalove, what a lovely post,  it's so nice to hear you've got such a good match,  we've gone down the donor route and I can't help but wonder what baby will look like.

How exciting HLE, not long now I can remember you just passing the 12 week mark and it still not feeling real, that feels like just a few weeks ago and now here we are,  you must be getting excited not long at all until your off work and you'll get to meet your little bubba. What colour did you go for in the nursery? I notice Mothercare are closing 50 stores so they've launched a big sale today and tomorrow. It's mind boggling what to get all the stuff on the market, I'm starting to get a bit overwhelmed with the advice I  what to buy,  brands and what not to get.  I think I'm going to have to do an excel list.  Thank goodness baby is due just before my birthday and xmas. I'm hoping nonu and grampy will buy a few bits.

So I can hardly believe it but we had a scan Saturday and baby is ahead so I was measured as 12 weeks.  That's the furthest we've ever got, we've also had the harmony test  done so by next week we'll know the results of the trisomey tests etc and the gender.  We decided to let my Dad do the gender reveal so he feels a big part of this and as he's got a bad heart I want to make sure he knows in case anything happens.  My biggest fear was always that he'd pass away without us having our family.  It's starting to feel a bit real.

I'd love a water birth but I'm constant led and my midwife said with my age and history baby will be come out at 38 weeks and I'll be in the delivery suite to reduce my risks.  That was enough for me to agree to anything as long as baby comes out healthy I don't care.

Happy bank holiday weekend you everyone else

Ikle xxx