* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 63442 times)

0 Members

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #60 on: 16/07/15, 21:42 »
Well defo not been said to me hun, so you got some good ones there hun xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #61 on: 16/07/15, 22:23 »
    I would love twins but I just mean 2 x sets gives you higher chance than 1 det? As a det doesn't double your chance does it, just Incase my lining wasn't quite right or my Immunes Meds needs tweaking Im too scared to 'waste' both on one transfer if you know what I mean?

So scared of not getting BFP with these, just wish I was rich and could go again after the FET.

Kitty my smear ran out the week I signed consent I think in March,I had to have a clear in date one to cycle and the nurse at my Drs said if it comes back inconclusive they won't redo for 3 months and if it comes back cell changes I have to wait 6 months for a retest! So just relived it's come back clear and not delaying us, I made her twirl the stick about 20 times incase they didn't have enough cells for a conclusive result, she was laughing at my funny cervix she said she could feel it pushing the speculum back out!
    Hi Billy, I would imagine they do. Give them a call tomorrow xx

L xx

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #62 on: 16/07/15, 22:27 »
    Lilly, have faith hun I think you will do, I was nervous about FeT and I know it's early but it can work xx

Offline kitty55

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 17/07/15, 05:31 »
    Yeah I know what you mean Lilly, I'm glad you don't have to face further delays and you know I have my fingers already crossed for you  ^hugme^. I heard that FET has the same chances than a fresh one.  :)

Thanks Louise! I'm up and going and couldn't actually sleep and got up at 5am! That'll be a long day. Our embryologist told us last time they very rarely give an embryo a 1 so yours must be a good one with those numbers  :)

xx

Offline L_ouise

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 17/07/15, 07:42 »
    Lilly, statistics don't work like that. The % would never double by increasing the amount by double, you'd add on like half % but it's maths beyond my own ability really :) It's set propaganda, which is all about reducing twins and not about maximising singletons.

If the uterus is good and you put two viable embryos back, they will both stick. One wouldn't stop the other from working, so in my case I'm maximising my chance of singleton, risking twins but not risking losing viable ones in the freezer especially when my FET uterus might be inferior.

I don't want to do IVF again either! You'll get there Lilly, I have no doubt. I'm glad that you're getting going again soon :)

Kitty, I hope it's less busy for you. They were moving ladies into the transfer waiting room yesterday! xx

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 17/07/15, 09:52 »
    Thanks Louise

I hope I have a cycle buddy im glad you ladies have company

To be honest im too scared to use them both on one transfer, Mr A said if they are both gonna stick they willl together or seperate but I'm looking into immunes and it takes a few goes sometimes so I feel 2 sets increase my chances (even if that doesn't mean doubling) and as i'm having recurrent misscarriage tests after misscarrying 3 embryos I think if there is problem it's best to go seperate to increase my chances (as risk of MC is higher with 2)

I just don't have funds after this or the decision to put my only two back would be easy, I don't want to be one HPT away from a life of cats!  ;D

Kitty good luck! And thanks Kezza xxx

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 17/07/15, 10:03 »
    I'm sure that won't be the case hun xx

I've rang care early to give my result, scan is 3rd of August xx

Offline Divas212

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 17/07/15, 10:06 »
    Lilly - we made the same decision as you. We had two blasts in the freezer and have previously had two mc so clinic treating us as recurrent mc.... I'm currently 6 weeks 6 days and a blast to use as a sibling if we like, was deffo the right decision for us :)

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 17/07/15, 10:08 »
    We keep missing each other im at St Mary's the 4th with my endocrinologist, always in town for a coffee (decaff for you!) if you ever fancy it

L x

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 17/07/15, 10:09 »
    Will meet up soon, especially if we're doing the social media meet will see you the for sure hun xx

I chose to have both mine back, because I just could not afford another shot at it, and if I left one I would always think what if xx