* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64336 times)

0 Members

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #750 on: 13/04/16, 23:26 »
Hello everyone!

I'm back and finally comnenced treatment on Monday for my FET am very nervous  ;D

At clinic on 22bd for my first lining scan. Hoping that everything works out this time and that I may crack the lining problem  ::)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #751 on: 13/04/16, 23:31 »
    Everything crossed for you nutty nat xx

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #752 on: 14/04/16, 08:17 »
    Beetle

Best thing to do is call your CCG today and ask to speak to someone who deals with assisted conception funding, ask them which clinics they have contracts with, it's likely a mix of private/NHS, you can only go to one they have a contract with but you should have a few choices. Ask them to send you a copy of the assisted conception funding criteria as its always useful to have especially if you have to challenge anything, you then get your GP to submit a transfer of funding request to the CCG 'effective use of resources dept' it helps to have a supporting letter for LWH stating you need donor gametes and it's something they can't easily provide so you wish to cycle at an alternative clinic who had a ready bank of donors

They then acknowledged he request and then write with a decision, then if it's accepted your GP refers you to the new clinic

Lauren xx

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #753 on: 14/04/16, 08:44 »
    Aw Mrs E, you've had a hell of a time. At least they've now found it and doing something about it and you know why it hasn't worked previously before going to IVF.

We (or should say I as DH is working away AGAIN!) am going to care today for scan following alternative days of menopur. First monitoring scan, hoping I've not hyper stimulated!

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #754 on: 14/04/16, 11:59 »
    How did you get on Mrs

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #755 on: 14/04/16, 12:02 »
    So we have two follicles of a good size and growing. Due to go back on Saturday to monitor and go from there!

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #756 on: 14/04/16, 12:36 »
    Oh good luck Weffwild? How you feeling? X

Offline Beetlebaby42

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #757 on: 14/04/16, 21:06 »
    Thank you Lauren for your advice. Much appreciated!
    I will contact the ccg and ask them for the criteria. We would like to transfer to CARE Manchester who I believe accept NHS funding so fingers crossed.
    Im not sure what you meant by effective use of resources... Is that the department of the basis on which the GP should request?
    I will ask LWH for supporting letter although funding has not yet been accepted. Xx

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #758 on: 14/04/16, 21:34 »
    You might find that they just let you choose without having to transfer then if nothing's been sorted at LWH yet, Care do accept NHS patients yes but only if your CCG has them as a named clinic. The effective use of resources dept is who would deal with your funding request if you applied to change xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #759 on: 15/04/16, 13:16 »
    Hi ladies

Polyp removed under general anaesthetic yesterday - all good but am feeling a bit sorry for myself following this weeks ordeals! Went to care on Tuesday where Dr joy told me I looked washed out....erm thanks! But a decision has been made to go for IVF plus ICSI due to BILs sample. Feel relieved decision has been taken!

I am going to wait for one cycle before starting again as AF is due on Sunday and I don't think I am up for it yet, after my week! Also care need to do paperwork and protocol etc.

Dr joy was v nice and firm....I need that, usually so articulate then in consulting room can't get my words out! She says that we have a good chance and my levels are excellent and it will happen for us - might not be first time but it will work!

Weff and nutty - good luck you guys! More later when I feel a bit more human!