* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64344 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #760 on: 20/04/16, 14:49 »
Hi everyone how are we doing?

I am back to normal now and am even considering going for a run after work.

So I thought I'd call CARE today to check all our paperwork is on track and theres nothing I need to do now. Apparently they have written to my CCG to check if funding is ok for IVF/ICSI and need to wait for the response back. Does anyone know how long this takes? It all happened before we had our first consultation for IUI so there was never any time pressure.

I am hoping to have a cycle in May (subject to AF arriving soon and getting out of the way!) but I can forsee NHS paperwork slowing things down!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #761 on: 24/04/16, 17:16 »
    So we had our IUI on Friday and OTD is 10th May! Feel slightly more relaxed that I have done with previous IUI but think I have got a bit of an attitude of what will be will be at the minute! We are due to move out of our house this week too and move in with my parents whilst we wait for our house to be available so could be a hard month or two as it is so that will be a distraction. Fingers crossed!

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #762 on: 24/04/16, 17:54 »
    Good luck hun, everything crossed ️xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #763 on: 25/04/16, 09:08 »
    Good luck Weff - was wondering how you were getting on!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #764 on: 26/04/16, 09:05 »
    Hi all!! I'm having my ET on Thursday!! I'm soooo nervous this time  :o

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #765 on: 26/04/16, 09:10 »
    Hello nutty good luck for Thursday try not to worry hun xx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #766 on: 26/04/16, 10:02 »
    Good luck Nat! Got everything crossed for you!

Am in the wait for AF protocol and drugs again! But trying to keep positive healthy and informed without going insane!

Been reading zita wests book about preparing for IVF and think I have confused myself even further. So my plan is try to be healthy- stick with minimal booze and no caffeine. Eat as much fruit and veg as poss and avoid crap. Hopefully I'll be able to think about none IVF stuff - but not too convinced on that one!

Any tips?!

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #767 on: 28/04/16, 09:44 »
    Nat- best of luck for today! Thinking of you!

Mrs E - hopefully it'll all be with you soon and you can start again!

We're now 6 days post IUI, think I've had plenty of distractions with a house move ongoing so to be honest it's all been in the back of my mind. I think too that I'm preparing for the worst just do I don't feel as disappointed - I know that's bad but I think it's my coping mechanism and without that I would be going mad. IUI was done this time by a consultant and using the scanner which seemed odd as the other times it was done by a nurse with no scanning?

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #768 on: 28/04/16, 12:27 »
    I had a scanner on my first one and not on my second....neither worked - so I don't think it means much weff - I think its just personal working preference of who does it!

Hope this next week whizzes by!

Offline Mamof1

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #769 on: 28/04/16, 22:28 »
    I had a scanner on my first one and not on my second....neither worked - so I don't think it means much weff - I think its just personal working preference of who does it!

Hope this next week whizzes by!

Hey girls, sorry to jump on your bandwagon here but would ye recommend care Manchester. I'm trying to pick between Manchester fertility services or Manchester care. I'm living in Ireland and will need egg donation so trying to get info from the other side of the ocean. I had cancer 5 yrs ago and hope to get some place that's a little personal rather than feeling of conveyor belt. I've been waiting for this with years and hoping to find the right clinic. I went to one here in Ireland and just wasn't happy. Anyhow I'd like to get a donor that isn't anonymous.

Best of luck girls on your journeys. Please god I'll be on that journey too with you all..

Thanks