* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64332 times)

0 Members

Offline kezza_1980

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #790 on: 10/05/16, 19:18 »
Aww Weff im so sorry hun, hope once you get everything in place your matched quickly x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #791 on: 10/05/16, 23:30 »
    Hope younger it all in place soon weff. X

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #792 on: 11/05/16, 16:35 »
    So did a test this morning as AF is still not here and it was a BFN. I normally have a longer cycle but every time I have the pessaries they make it ridiculously long! At least I'm blaming them anyway.

Filled out all the genetic questionnaire, places some DS on hold again so now waiting on appointments to start the egg donation/ IVF. Hopefully won't be too long!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #793 on: 12/05/16, 10:18 »
    Ah weff - sorry its so messed up - must be tough!

So I am having all sorts of wrangles with the NHS. Because DIUI was probably not going to work for us Dr Joy wrote to our CCG (Trafford) to request funding for IVF/ICSI - we all anticipated that this would be a formality and we would get a reply saying 'go ahead lovely people, make a baby'

How stupid of me to think that!

Because I haven't followed the 'trafford pathway of treatment' which is 6IUIs they have to refer my case to a panel which is being held on 9th June. With a decision that wont be made until at least end of June. (when I turn 34 - a fertility milestone in my head!)

So I asked CARE if I could do an IUI whilst this was going on (better some chance than zero - right?!) and CARE would love to do one for me....however they think that the NHS funding for IUI has been frozen!

So let me get this straight.....Because the doctor has said IUI is unlikely to work, you wont fund IUI. But because I haven't had 6 IUIs you wont fund IVF/ICSI yet.....hey?!?!

I can just read the headline - 'Middle class tax-payer denied access to fertility treatment due to NHS tick box exercise'

CARE are being great and are trying to get some sense out of my CCG about either funding another IUI or just approving the IVF/ICSI - but all a bit up in the air at the moment! The NHS cannot have it both ways - fund one or the other.....

Whats also annoying is that I paid privately for a hysteroscopy because I didn't want to wait....could have waiting now on the NHS!

Really the people who run the NHS deserve to lose their jobs when it goes bust.....just incompetent fools. Trying to make a funding decision like this without anyone making a sensible clinical decision. RIDICULOUS! My brother is a lawyer so getting him to type something up on headed paper for me - am sure this is against human rights or something!

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #794 on: 12/05/16, 16:38 »
    Mrs E - imagine how disgusted we are, we haven't had a penny towards our care at all. As if this isn't hard enough but having a financial struggle is even worse!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #795 on: 12/05/16, 17:02 »
    I know weff.....its a disgrace, its not as if your OH decided to just have testicular cancer for fun is it?!

I do really feel for those worse off than us - you guys included -  the postcode lottery is one thing. But also what about all of those poor people who would be perfectly good and lovely parents but don't have a few grand to wing around. Also what about if they would be great at raising kids but dont have the capacity to formulate arguments and push themselves forward like I can.

All this money that is being spent on the paper clip counters and pen pushers and people who tick boxes could actually be spent on someones treatment!

Offline weffwild

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #796 on: 23/05/16, 13:48 »
    Definitely Mrs E, drives me crazy!

We have now received out appointments for June to see the counsellor (again!) and see the donation nurse and me to have a donor health check which I assume will be bloods. Seems so long to wait!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #797 on: 23/05/16, 14:10 »
    Weff - June is around the corner! Thats what I keep telling myself! The counselling appointment will be worthwhile for you to take some time out to think about things.

Good luck hun, hopefully NHS can get bums in gear and I can get started asap, with you!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #798 on: 23/05/16, 14:40 »
    Hi all!!

I had my 6 week scan today, everything was fine . Back in 2 weeks for another scan X

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #799 on: 23/05/16, 15:22 »
    thats brilliant Nat - glad it all went ok, another 2 week wait and then you are on the way! Am sure you are nervous but try to enjoy it!

Hope you are feeling ok