* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64337 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #820 on: 16/06/16, 09:52 »
Hi ladies

Have any of you had immune testing at care Manchester?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #821 on: 16/06/16, 12:47 »
    Sorry Carrie - no I haven't. But I do like CARE very much. I haven't started IVF/ICSI with them yet but have done a couple of IUIs and they have all been great at the clinical end.

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #822 on: 16/06/16, 19:59 »
    Hi Carrie

I had Chicagos done there last year

L X

Offline ruth157

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #823 on: 19/06/16, 23:39 »
    Hi Carrie, I had immune tests at Care Sheffield about 4 yrs ago. Now with Care Manchester and having immune treatment as part of my protocol.  Had a baby after the first tests and treatment (at Sheffield) and now trying for number 2.  If you've any questions I'll try to answer!

Ruth x

Offline lovelymeg

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #824 on: 21/06/16, 09:00 »
    Hi Meg

It's never been 4 years at Care, there's no waiting list as such but it takes a bit of time for matching and arranging, I would say between 4-10 weeks would be the average, it depends what your requirements are too

L xx

Thanks, Lily, for the info!  That is totally reasonable!

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #825 on: 24/06/16, 10:10 »
    Morning ladies.....

About to get back on it....NHS funding through...protocol through...drugs ordered...day 1 due next week.

All a bit overwhelmed with it all - in addition to the referendum result...might just crawl under the duvet and go back to bed!

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #826 on: 30/06/16, 11:52 »
    Hi all,

Just checking in.

Got an appointment at miscarriage clinic at st Marys on Monday and a follow up appointment with Mr Atkinson on 21st July so let's see if we can find out what is causing the Mmc's to happen. Still feeling very positive, looking forward to my holiday in a few weeks and once we know the problem going again X

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #827 on: 4/07/16, 12:26 »
    Hey Nat - hope you are enjoying your holiday and have got some idea of when you can get these tests sorted out to review your case. Glad you are positive.

AFM I have drugs, I am working from home for next 3 weeks. I had my teach. I AM GOOD TO GO.

But my AF is late! Typical!

Offline Friends123

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #828 on: 26/07/16, 15:43 »
    Hello, 
    I'm just wondering if everyone can help, we've just been referred from St Marys to Manchester care , from what I can gather St Marys don't start any treatment straight away because of how busy it is, I'm just wondering if this is the same for care under the NHS.
    Many thanks.

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #829 on: 26/07/16, 18:30 »
    Friends - I basically requested my CCG to move funding to care from
    SMH. Just because of treatment times and the fact that they could do our treatment with fresh donor rather than frozen sample. (Some sort of blood test and also donor is brother in law - so they could do it)

Our CCG ( Trafford) had contract with CARE and so this could just be done as a patient choice thing, you didn't need a reason. I had to ask my GP for a referral and then CARE wrote to Trafford to see if they would fund it and then they agreed. It was all quite quick.

Would recommend doing it As SMH is just so busy and can turn things around fast like CARE can - I once got a protocol and new lot of drugs within 24 hours of finishing one IUI cycle for the next! I had nothing against SMH.

All I would say is to just keep reminding care you are an NHS patient as they sometimes forget to do NHS admin and check who's paying for what....but all in all pleased with them! Will be even more impressed if I get a BFP!!!