* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64345 times)

0 Members

Offline Friends123

• Registered-2
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #830 on: 26/07/16, 19:32 »
Huge thanks for the reply Mrs E,
I've actually asked my GP to refer use to Manchester fertility but yesterday he came back to us and said we could go to CARE instead. I was extremely grateful.However I got the impression he was just going to write to CARE, so my CCG could still say no?  I wasn't sure I would be treated the same way as I would of been at SMH because I still would be NHS.  I've heard it can take 7 months+ to start treatment so that's good news that it doesn't apply there.

Thanks for the advice, I will make sure i remind them. I hope you get a BFP too, how have you found it all? It's took me along time to get use to the idea.
Good lucK Mrs E.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #831 on: 26/07/16, 21:20 »
    Its all a bit overwhelming at first...but it is AMAZING how normal life 'in treatment' becomes. Especially when you are told its this option or nothing. I can't imagine how awful it must be to have hope every month in addition to being in treatment.

Keep positive and upbeat as best you can!

Offline Friends123

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #832 on: 11/08/16, 11:28 »
    HI Mrs E,
    Just noticed you have a BFP, huge congratulations.I'm so pleased for you!
    I've now received my funding from the CCG and have my first appointment on the 20th September. It says for a consultation and another transvaginal and a sa for hubby. I will then be around cycle day 10 . How likely do you think I will be to start by my next cycle? Or do you think It will most probably be the cycle after?  I haven't had a AMH test but I do ovulate on my own and we actually have MFI. I know you won't be able to say but I thought you might have an idea how quickly they do things. My other half works in the NHS and is looking at booking two weeks off but its got to be done 2 months in advance.
    Congratulations once again.

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #833 on: 11/08/16, 12:38 »
    Hi Friends. Once you have the paperwork (protocol) then things can be done very quickly. I had already had a load of tests done before I went to CARE so I think that speeded it up for me as I just gave them the paperwork and they decided what they needed to re-do. I think in your mind if you plan for a couple more cycles before you start, then you wont be disappointed if you can start earlier.

I wouldn't worry about booking holiday off etc for your other half. Mine just managed to fit stuff in - admittedly he didn't come to all the scans with me but he wasn't needed really. I found the booking time off 'just in case' more stressful than just rolling with it and trying to get stuff covered at work when I needed it. Admittedly my work were great and really understanding and hubbies boss was equally so.

Exciting for your first appointment though..hopefully I'll have 'graduated' from CARE by then and be back in the NHS at nearly 11 weeks gone!

Offline Friends123

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #834 on: 11/08/16, 14:27 »
    MrsE, I'm so please for you, since I came on before and read your BFP I've been in such a positive mood, these guys may actually be able to get me pregnant.  I appreciate that every case is different but I'm a bit of glass half empty sort of person. Huge congrats again.
    That's good to know about him not having to be there. I wasn't sure if he would have to be around but I'm sure he could swap days or pull a sicky if needs be.  We've only told close family and friends. I wouldn't want my boss to know but I will be able to swap things around too if needed, like you say best not to expect anything then it would be a bonus.
    I've had a lot of hormone test done, ( thyroid, prolactin , progesterone and things like that. I also had an Hsg, ultrasound/transvaginal 5 months ago, all I've got is a letter from the hospital saying that it was all okay, tubes open etc :) . Do you think I should send that too?
    Good luck to you on the rest of the journey and the "graduation"

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #835 on: 14/08/16, 17:32 »
    Hi Friends

Welcome  :)

Whilst things do move pretty quick there's a period of time where you wait for the consultant to draw your protocol up which can take a couple of weeks then arrange for your meds to be delivered, they may want some bloods repeating too, I would imagine it would be in at least another cycle or 2 before you start, I know it's good to plan ahead but after 4 cycles I can honestly say it rarely goes to plan timeframe wise, the only cycle my ex booked off a week with me was cycle 4 and I didn't down reg correctly so I ended up 2-3 weeks behind what I expected so we didn't match up with time off

Like said if you concentrate on getting EC and ET off together and see anything else as a bonus!

Huge good luck, you are in very safe hands xx

Offline kitty55

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #836 on: 16/08/16, 13:16 »
    Just a quick thanks to all of you on this thread - our baby was born on Wednesday last week via emergency c-section under GA (yeah really not how we planned it!) after being in labour for 48hrs and baby getting distressed. Baby was or rather is a boy and we called him Benjamin, he weighed 8lbs5 and we are now getting settled at home after finally getting discharged on Saturday.
    Good luck to everybody on their journeys - it can work - we had never expected to actually end up with our own baby and it is a very overwhelming feeling incl lots of tears  ::). We will be back at CARE at some point cos we still have one frostie saved up so hopefully Benjamin will get a sibling one day  :) xxx

Offline MrsE1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #837 on: 16/08/16, 18:03 »
    Congrats Kitty - things never go to plan - but enjoy your little man now! Much love xx

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #838 on: 16/08/16, 19:33 »
    So happy for you, the photos are lovely I got goosebumps looking at them! God it seems so long ago the 4 of us were sat in that waiting room together, so much has happened since then for us both

Enjoy mamma! You deserve every minute of it

Benjamin has some amazing guardian angels looking out for him too  :)

Love Lauren xxxxxxx

Offline kitty55

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #839 on: 23/08/16, 15:42 »
    Congrats Kitty - things never go to plan - but enjoy your little man now! Much love xx

Thanks MrsE  ^hugme^ xx

So happy for you, the photos are lovely I got goosebumps looking at them! God it seems so long ago the 4 of us were sat in that waiting room together, so much has happened since then for us both

Enjoy mamma! You deserve every minute of it

Benjamin has some amazing guardian angels looking out for him too  :)

Love Lauren xxxxxxx

Aww thanks so much Lauren  ^hugme^ (your post made me all emotional this morning!). I know it seems like ages - think it was Febr/March last year or so. It was in fact lovely (and the very only time ever) we sat in the waiting room actually chatting with someone.
    And little Benjamin has indeed some guardian angels watching over him  :)
    Love Andrea xxxxxx