* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64333 times)

0 Members

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #860 on: 5/12/16, 15:48 »
My 3 embies are still going strong, and are currently still dividing, and are between 9-10 cells.  ;D However, it is still too early to know if any are going to get to the biopsy stage for PGS, but we will just after wait and see. They are going to phone again tomorrow, but in the afternoon, instead of the morning.

I'll keep you updated, by the way Nuttynat1982 the "very best of luck!"

Bye for now. :)

xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #861 on: 7/12/16, 09:16 »
    Hi all,

Well we might be having embryo transfer today after all, as they are not sure that the best embryo is good enough to biopsy, which if they did, and it was a good embryo, the success rate for someone my age would be as much as 54%, but if we after have a transfer my chances of success drop down to 11-12% again, :( so not good news, if we after go for transfer.

The embrylogist is going to wait until lunch time to see if our best embryo (out of 2 now) gets to the biopised stage, but if it doesn't then we'll be asked to do a transfer this afternoon, as they have provisionally put us down for a 2.30 p.m. transfer.

So we are hoping that it doesn't come to that really!  :(

Wish us luck!

xxx

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #862 on: 7/12/16, 14:48 »
    Hi,

We decided not to go to transfer today, as if our best embryo look's better by tomorrow, then they will do a biopsy, and if not, and it arrests (disintegrates) tomorrow, then we did the right thing in not putting it back.  However, if they are still unsure about it tomorrow, then I may still have a transfer.

To be honest, if I was on my 1st/2nd cycle of treatment, I probably would have had it put back in today, but it isn't, I am on my 7th cycle, with  a miscarriage, 1 baby, and several failed cycles, so I have totally experienced grief, and heartbreak, and every cycle that doesn't work 'screws' me up, so I think that we made the right decision today, and pretty confident of that! If it save's me heartache in the long run.  :)

And we'll see where tomorrow morning's (9.00 a.m.) phone call will take us.  ??? They have provisionally booked us in for transfer at 2 p.m. tomorrow just in case.

Bye for now.  :)

xxx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #863 on: 8/12/16, 09:45 »
    Thinking about you today Dolphin xxx

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #864 on: 8/12/16, 10:49 »
    Thanks for wishing me well nuttynat1982, but the cycle is over for me.  :( And I am absolutely devastated.  :'( :'(

We had the phone call this morning, and overnight both embryos had degenerated, so we made the right decision not to transfer yesterday, but now we've got no embryos to biopsy. Zero!!!!!!!!!

From 5 eggs to 3 embryos to 2 embryos to 0.

This was my 7th cycle, and we paid for a multicycle package, so we have still got another cycle to try, but at the mo. I don't know what to do.

My dream of having a "very much, wanted, and longed for sibling for my child! Is getting further, and further away!" There is nothing else left to say, maybe I was destined to only get to 29 wks.  :( :(

xxx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #865 on: 8/12/16, 21:22 »
    Don't give up, arrange a follow up and discuss what they can do differently next time. Remember they learn more every cycle x

Offline february

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #866 on: 8/12/16, 21:57 »
    So sorry to hear your news.  Big hugs xx.  I am hoping to start my first private treatment with care Manchester.  Does anyone know where it is cheap to get the ivf prescription from? Asda, Sainsbury's etc?  Has anyone had their GO get their ivf drugs for free.  Thanks

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #867 on: 8/12/16, 22:45 »
    Hi, i'm nhs funded but the drugs ive had to pay privately for have come from health care at home, never given a prescription.... just an invoice from care

Offline february

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #868 on: 9/12/16, 08:09 »
    I have been told that I can order from health care or get a private prescription which is cheaper

Offline trying1

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #869 on: 9/12/16, 19:00 »
    Hi Feb
    I got a private one and picked my meds up from Asda that was cheapest!