* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64338 times)

0 Members

Offline february

• Sr. Member-10017
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #870 on: 9/12/16, 19:46 »
Hi trying 1 thanks for your reply.  Does Asda provide the drugs on the same day or is there a wait.  Do you know how much the drugs cost roughly.  Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline trying1

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #871 on: 9/12/16, 21:26 »
    i really can't rem but was about 100 quid less for all my stimming meds for 11 days so not a huge saving but still some!
    24 hours to get them in, they didn't have it in stock
    Hope that helps

Offline february

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #872 on: 9/12/16, 22:05 »
    Thanks trying 1 x

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #873 on: 17/12/16, 15:18 »
    Hi all,

I am "still" suffering physically over 1 week from coming off the meds. as I am in a lot of abdo. pain, and constantly feel sick.  My AF has arrived now, but I know that it's got nothing to do with that, as every time I do treatment, it flares my IBS up.  I have never felt like this physically, 1 week after coming off the meds.

I am supposed to be going out tonight, to honour my Dad (who we lost this year), as it would have been his birthday next week, but instead, we are celebrating the first birthday without him.  It's a drinks night out with various members of the family, and I know that I'll be disappointed if I don't go, but to be honest, I don't feel well at all, and I'm in a lot of pain.  I have been to my GP's, and have spoken to the clinic, but they can't recommend anything other than painkillers, which I can't take because of my IBS, rest, and to drink more fluids.

But I haven't been able to go to my voluntary work for the last few weeks because of it either.  And to top it off, a friend of mine, who has also had IVF has just told me that there are pregnant with their 2nd child, and it was natural, so talk about kicking you when you are down. :( She wasn't even sure that she wanted another child. So talk about feeling really envious of other people, and feeling "angry" with the world in general.

I am utterly sick of feeling like s**t, for something that doesn't seem to be working for me!  :( :( :( But what do you do if you really want another child?

Bye for now.

xxx

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #874 on: 18/12/16, 00:10 »
    Hugs Dolphin, got to say my ibs is flaring up massively at the mo which I think is down to the cyclogest.

I know that feeling about how people around you seem to just annouce their news just as you've hit rock bottom.  It's heartbreaking.

Do you think you will try again??

Afm.... feeling very nervous about my FET on Wednesday, out of my 4 previous ET I've got a BFP twice but never back to back (first cycle bfp then the next two bfn then a bfp) am terrified of getting a bfn but also of getting a NFL as that will be the test to see if all the extra stuff I'm on has actually done anything.

Sending baby dust to you all x

Offline tiredmum3

• Full Member-10016
    modify
    « Reply #875 on: 2/01/17, 17:49 »
    Hi all

Although not with care , it good to read the opinions of others. I have cycled with them on and off since 2008 and left them after my failed IVF last summer as I have always felt the care was under par there but always gave them the benefit of the doubt. With my last go, it was a DE cycle through the NHS - my one and only go.

We were matched quickly but only given one donor which as we were new to the DE process didnt really know mucj but was assured she produced good numbers and was proven.

We got 15 eggs out of which we ended up with 2 day 3 average quality!!!!. none good enough to freeze even though supposed good donor and DH good sperm ( they were happy to have him as a donor so we know quality was there)

That ended in a MMC a week after OTD. We then decided we werent prepared to throw 8000 a time at them when i always felt we were just a cash cow.

I have shared with them at the beginning ( felt like a battery hen but thats a different story). We are now under MF ( they do a DE refund programme) and although there has been ups and downs and false starts, I am now nearly 6 weeks pregnant with my second cycle)

I understand every has different opinions and thoughts on their care and sucess ( my friend is about to give birth thru DE with them) but I know I made the right decision moving and would never go back

Offline Dolphins

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #876 on: 29/01/17, 20:49 »
    Hi everyone,

I had my review from my 7th cycle of IVF/ICSI cycle that didn't even get to transfer just over a week ago now, and feeling "devastated" is an understatement!

He basically told me, at the age of nearly 42 that I have a really, really slim chance of having a successful cycle with my OE but still can try 1 more time if I wanted to still try using my OE, as I paid for a multi-cycle, or we can end now trying to use my OE, and think about Donor.  The Dr. has basically said that we have got zero chance.

I after be honest and say, that I am finding all of this hard to digest at the mo. but at least I have got 1 genetic child of my own from a 3rd cycle of IVF/ICSI treatment.

If there has been anyone else who is reading this, and who have gone through the same, how did you get your head around needing a donor? And did you tell anyone, close family and friends, that you needed a donor? Thank you.

xxxx

Offline trying1

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #877 on: 29/01/17, 20:54 »
    Hi dolphins
    Sorry ur appt was such a shock. Who was ur consultant?
    .do u see a counsellor care have one and she's really good just to help you work through ur thoughts and fears as its Obv a big decision to make.

Offline Degas

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #878 on: 26/05/17, 20:25 »
    Hi,

I am an NHS patient doing my second and last IVF cycle at CARE. I am worrying about all sorts of things to do with my cycle and was wondering if anyone could put me at ease?

1. I have not had any IVF related blood tests for about 3 years and they are not going to start doing them until I'm 6 days into my treatment. Is this normal?

2. I'm going to be doing short protocol going straight onto stimulation drugs (Menopur) and then after 5 days starting Cetrocide? Is it normal to do short protocol, again without scans or anything before hand?

3. It says on my protocol that they will do transfer after 2-3 days, I think it's something to do with funding under Stockport. But if I pay for CAREMAPS will they take it to 5 day blasts if possible?

I feel like because I'm an NHS patient I'm getting lumped with the easiest protocol for CARE and not getting all the bloods and scans I should have. I seem to remember at St Mary's getting lots of scans and blood tests..... but that was a while ago.

I hate worrying. I might pay for another appointment with my consultant just to check everything and get it all ironed out before hand?!

Offline Lilly83

• Lifetime Premium-7
    modify
    « Reply #879 on: 26/05/17, 21:30 »
    Degas I will PM you x