Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Manchester Care: Part 22

73K views 892 replies 41 participants last post by  Jorun 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Great news 17 eggs I did 18, I only kept 9 though has I egg shared xx

#28 ·
He vaguely said that there probably isn't enough sperm to do pICSI but during the discussion the probably became more certain. I'd made a big deal about having it so for them to just skim over not doing it feels really dodgy.

pICSI is an advanced sperm selection technique based upon the assumption that the sperm that would bind better to an egg would be of a superior quality. It isn't proven to CARE satisfaction but no harm to try. They used it before for me but we got no embryos to see if it helped and ever since they've been dragging their feet about using it but never actually explaining why. Them suddenly not being able to use it this time when I've made several points about wanting it and them saying ok, it seems too convenient.

#29 ·
Louise - it does sound a bit sus, but 17 eggs is a great number x

#30 ·
OMG I'm so sorry, I missed all the crack here cos I forgot there was a new thread started, silly me :-[

Louise, that's a great number - I sometimes dream of 10 or so ::). I'm sorry they didn't do the pICSI. I was wondering about this myself to be honest but haven't actually asked about it (yet). I might do next time I'm there. Did you find out how many fertilised and how they are doing!?

Can't believe they're not serving any food after EC anymore. I was starving when I came out and I was actually first down and first out. It was not that I was waiting for hours in April. Jessops in Sheffield are serving food afterwards. I will get a doggy bag from the currymile for my next EC :)

Jkdon, hope you have a lovely holiday! And I am glad hubby got his head round another cycle.

News from me: I have to go back tomorrow for another scan at 11am after we went on Friday for a rather disappointing scan. There wasn't much difference to Wednesday but they said "we persevere" and I have to go back tomorrow. Weird though cos the lady scanning me said my big follicle might just be a cyst (which I don't believe as Carol didn't say anything like that on Wednesday). I hope I get someone experienced to do the scan tomorrow, fingers crossed, as I am terrified they might cancel :( xx

#31 ·
Well I had 16 mature eggs but only 3 embryos. I'm trying to be all gushy and optimistic but I'm actually really angry at CARE. I'm not sure I'll cycle with them next time as I'm feeling a bit of a trust issue now xx

#32 ·
So sorry to hear that Louise - hopefully you don't need a "next time" if this one works out. I have my fingers crossed ^hugme^ xx

#34 ·
Hi girls sorry I've been quiet, not been to well last few days and decided to test ive got a faint positive xx

#35 ·
Yay Kezza, that's great news. Congratulations :) xx

#36 ·
Thanks kitty, still early days but here's hoping it continues xx

#37 ·
Absolutely. I have everything crossed for you  :) xx

#38 ·
Omg Kezza! Congrats!!! :D

I've got some good news too today. All three were 4 cell and two of them were grade 1-2!!! I've never had more than a 2-3 so that's really good. I'm booked in for transfer tomorrow but she seemed keen to still go for blastocyst even after I said I'd want two blastocysts so I don't know what that is about. She gave me the line about them only failing in the lab it they'd fail in my uterus.

I'll wait for tomorrow's update but feeling a bit conflicted and confused.

Thanks Vix xx

#39 ·
Thanks Lou, good news on your grades hun keep us updated xx

#40 ·
Had second scan today I'm 6 weeks 3 days and everything perfect despite the spotting which seems to have calmed down a bit now touch wood, love seeing that flickering heartbeat and I can't beleive how much little bean has grown in five days, it's amazing :), still early days and I have another scan a week on Friday.... Which if all is ok will be the last at the clinic....

Kezza - congrats :) xx

#41 ·
Today my embryos were 10 cell grade 1-2, 10 cell grade 2 and 8 cell grade 2 so still maintaining good quality of us at this stage. We're going to blast to try an ensure we get the best of the bunch put back and will get a vague update and Thursday's transfer time tomorrow :)

Divas, great news xx

#42 ·
Divas thank you hun and so happy all is looking good, wait till your next scan see how big your little one has grown xx

#43 ·
Louise , that's great news - let us know please what time your transfer is so we can keep our fingers crossed :)

Divas, congrats on your scan. I hope this time we'll get the same outcome and a happy 6 week scan.

I'm in tomorrow and hopefully we'll find out when EC is supposed to be. I think my follies are growing now on 600iu but we'll obviously see how they're doing tomorrow!

Xx

#44 ·
Good luck for tomorrow Kitty xx

#45 ·
kezza_1980 said:
Good luck for tomorrow Kitty xx
Thank you Kezza :) xx

#46 ·
Good luck today Kitty :) How many follicles have you got in the running so far? xx

#47 ·
Thanks Louise . We have 4 at the moment, fingers crossed there's maybe one more today :) xx

#48 ·
Kitty, how did you get on today?

I'm in tomorrow at 11:30 for transfer. Two of my embryos had started compacting but one of the 10s hadn't and was only a 14 cell which seems like quite a slow down to me even though the embryologist thought it seemed ok.

Apparently no call tomorrow morning?! I just turn up xx

#49 ·
Good luck for transfer today Louise. I never had a call in the morning of transfer and just turned up :)

And thanks, I got on amazing I have to say. After we had only 4 follies on Monday there were 8 yesterday!!!!!!!! No clue where they suddenly all came from but I am so pleased :). They're not quite the size they should be (apart from one which is 23mm) so I carry on with my 600iu Gonal F and go back for another scan tomorrow and EC looks like it'll be Monday. Can't wait! :) xx

#50 ·
Kitty that's amaxing well done! Bet you are so pleased! I'm at St Mary's Monday 9am so only 2 mins away, will be thinking of you! If you get hungry and need food bringing let me know  :)

L_ouise good luck for ET, mine were grade 1-2/2/2-3/3 on day 2 and I had the top 2 back then the 2-3 and 3 made it to blast I couldn't believe it. Hope they are still going strong, I have never had a call on day of ET either

Kezza how are you feeling??  :)

Divas well done on the scan, amazing feeling isn't it?

Hi to everyone else and JK have a great holiday! Sorry if I missed anyones news just getting ready for work

L xx

#51 ·
Kitty, thats great news hun xx

Louise, good luck for today x

Lauren I feel ok thank you hun x

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.