* Author Topic: Manchester Care: Part 22  (Read 64343 times)

0 Members

Offline Jorun

• Registered-2
modify
Manchester Care: Part 22
« Reply #890 on: 30/10/17, 17:10 »
Went to my first consultation with Dr Joy today after transferring to Care from St Mary's.
Was advised to go with short protocol ICSI for the funded bit and few additional extras, like pgs (self-funded).
Feeling rather overwhelmed tbh. 

I asked the doc about any extra supplements, and she only mentioned folic acid. I plan on taking a few others, like ubiquinol, omegas, pregnacare, zinc, vit b complex, etc. What are your thoughts on things like Royal Jelly? anything else that would be useful to add?

Now have few months before I start the cycle (work+studies), I thought I have no excuse but give it a good go with all the supplements, yoga, no alcohol/caffeine (which I'm already dreading! I love love love coffee like a ^idiot^ person) and be in the best shape for when it comes to my first cycle.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nuttynat1982

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #891 on: 9/11/17, 21:57 »
    I take royal jelly, did one fresh with out at  Maryís and got 8 eggs, did one with at st Maryís and got 16 eggs then at care did one with out and got 9 then one with and got 15. Taking it again now in preparation for next fresh cycle hopefully dec/jan as well as ubiquinol and a couple of other bits.  I also have pgs and I think itís been worth every penny. Have had 6 day 5 blasts tested (from two cycles) and only one was normal. So saved me lots of heart break of negative cycles. Dr. Joy is my dr too and she is great x

Offline Jorun

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #892 on: 21/11/17, 19:35 »
    Nuttynat,

thank you!!!! I was really unsure about pgs, but I think you convinced me!
    I will get Royal Jelly, as per your recommendation. I'm on so many already, what's one more eh?
    Dr Joy seemed no nonsense, and had pragmatic answers that made a lot of sense.