* Author Topic: HCG levels not doubling is it over  (Read 1893 times)

0 Members

Offline Diva las vegas

modify
HCG levels not doubling is it over
« on: 17/07/15, 18:57 »
Hello

The clinic checked my HCG levels wed 138 but today only 190 informed that they should be doubling and that this is not a good sign
Devastated don't know what to say to hubby
Has anyone any hope to offer is it over or are we still in with a chance
 Thank you Diva xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lilly83

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 17/07/15, 19:08 »
    Hello

Just letting you know I have moved your post from the Northwest board to the pregnancy club board as that's where most ladies discuss HCG levels and they will be best placed to advise you

There's actually a well established thread on HCG levels (good and bad) it's worth asking on

I had a stressful time with my hcg last cycle and I know you can drive yourself mad with it

L x

Offline Scorpy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 17/07/15, 19:55 »
    Hi Diva, if you read my journey thus far - my HCG plummeted to 50 at 5 weeks, I was told repeatedly it was all over but Drs were wrong.
    Check out the website Misdiagnosed Miscarriages - theres a section on slow rising HCG.
    Could there be anything effecting the blood results? Did they do the tests at the same time 48 hrs apart?

Offline Dudders

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 17/07/15, 20:59 »
    Hi Diva,

I'll start out by saying it's important to be realistic BUT also to know that nothing is impossible.

From your signature, it looks as if you would have been 5 weeks on Wednesday, so the hcg level was on the lower end for 5 weeks to begin with.  With those numbers and the slow climb, I would have some concerns about ectopic (although I am over cautious about ectopic because of my history).

However hcg is a strange thing and to be honest I don't think they entirely understand it.  My first pregnancy was a good solid level with textbook doubling for a singleton pregnancy - unfortunately they gave no indication of the ectopic pregnancy that was also growing in my tube.  My second pregnancy I found out early and had high levels initially - 63 at 11dpo, 329 at 14dpo, then due to a cbd not advancing to 3+ I had them repeated at 21dpo and they were only around 600 and then 830ish at 23dpo.  The result of that is now six months old.

The consultant I saw in the epu told me that hcg is generated by the placenta bedding in, and could be an indication of how well that's happening.  Maybe this is right and maybe it's not, but I did have placental blood flow issues and my son was growth restricted as a result.  Fortunately he seems very strong and has already caught up with his peers (and overtaken some!)

I hope you get a good outcome xx  ^hugme^

Offline foxglove

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 17/07/15, 21:09 »
    I have my fingers crossed for you. My successful pregnancy had slow rising hcg but all was ok but then I have just had a missed miscarriage where my numbers pretty much stayed the same for 2 weeks- didn't move up to 3+ on cb digital tests and so went for another blood test and they had dropped. Its so hard to predict and I don't even think the doctors understand the numbers sometimes. My miscarriage was confirmed by scans as the doctor didn't want to go by hcg numbers and he said they can be wrong and misleading at times.  I really hope that you have a positive outcome xx

Offline Pregwannabe

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 18/07/15, 15:52 »
    Check my signature, betas are only supposed to double every 72 hours, mine were lowish and didn't double in the 48 hours like I wanted, and here I am 24 weeks pregnant with twins.  Keep getting it checked and try to relax, I know it's impossible.