* Author Topic: When did you really start to believe you were pregnant?  (Read 1601 times)

0 Members

Offline Pinkchick

Thought I would ask this question because I still don't REALLY believe I am pregnant, even after 2 scans I am in major denial and think the lack of symptoms is helping me stay in denial and not quite believe it!
I'm interested in other people's experiences of this...x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    When did you really start to believe you were pregnant?
    « Reply #1 on: 19/07/15, 21:34 »
    Not until I started to feel her move and see my belly grow

Offline mrswoofy

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 19/07/15, 21:49 »
    I don't think I really believed it until I heard his first cry

Offline Moragob

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 19/07/15, 21:57 »
    Hey I'm the first to vote  ;D

I'm 14 weeks with my second and still not believing that I am really pregnant  ^idiot^ ^idiot^  I think it was movements for me with my first.  I didn't buy a thing or allow anyone to give/lend me anything until about 8 weeks before my EDD which was only 6 weeks before she was born.

It's such a struggle to get here it can be hard to believe it won't be cruelly taken away again.  Enjoy and good luck

Offline Dudders

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 19/07/15, 22:16 »
    First time around I don't think I ever really believed it despite seeing Ted's heartbeat twice, but sadly it wasn't to be.

Second time I believed it straight away, and the honeymoon period lasted just a week.  Once I had my first dodgy hcg result I refused to get attached and that didn't really change until after my harmony results at 12w6d when I also found out we were having a boy.  Even then there was always a little hesitant cloud hanging around and it was really only at 28 weeks and our 4d scan that I believed we might actually have a take home baby x

Offline Pinkchick

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 19/07/15, 22:23 »
    I can definitely relate to some of these comments, I think I'm protecting myself this time by not really believing it so it's good to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Yesterday in work one of the nurses I work with announced her pregnancy and she has just turned 6 weeks, oh to be so relaxed about telling everybody, I still can't bring myself to tell people x

Offline Blondie71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 19/07/15, 22:37 »
    For me it happened when I took a huge bleed at 26 weeks and everybody started flapping about in the room as they realised I was 2cm dilated and they rushed me down to labour ward and when I saw 2 baby cots prepared in the room I started to bawl and I couldn't stop, my heart has never skipped so many beats as reality dawned my babies were very real and they were in mortal danger  :'( thankfully a guardian angel brought us safely through for another 5 weeks x

Offline Cordelia

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 20/07/15, 06:18 »
    I'm 18 weeks today with twins so quite big already and still don't believe this is finally it.  I won't buy anything and have told family I don't want anything in the house yet.  A number of people have commented that I need to start to enjoy the pregnancy and I wish I could but I'm just so anxious. Oh and I can't feel them move yet due to two anterior placentas so when the midwife etc keep asking me if I can feel movement it just freaks me out.

Congrats on the pregnancy.

Cordelia xxxx

Offline mrsww

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 20/07/15, 11:22 »
    24 weeks here and still don't believe it. Can feel and see baby kicking but still don't believe it. Probably will believe when see baby in person and birthday.

Offline Jelliebabe

• Gold Member
    • 41 married one Cat! We are all amatuers
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 20/07/15, 15:28 »
    I voted for when I can see and feel it.... However I still don't always REALLY think its true...

I'm 25 weeks and I keep expecting Jeremy Beadle to jump out and go "Gotcha!"

I think I'll believe it when I show more - I'm quite large so people who don't know I'm pregnant wouldn't really notice (yes with twins!)