* Author Topic: ICSI #3&4 diary  (Read 10962 times)

0 Members

Offline CharlieJ

modify
ICSI #3&4 diary
« Reply #30 on: 19/04/17, 19:36 »
1st follicle scan today showed some starting to pop up on both ovaries but no where near ready yet. They are only about 6-8mm. I had blood taken to check oestrogen levels and it has been decided that I'm to up the dose of stimulation injections instead of alternating doses and will have another scan on Friday to see how they are doing. This is the same as my last cycle so hopefully will work out well again.
Feeling very tired today. Will update on Friday.  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #31 on: 21/04/17, 13:50 »
    2nd follicle scan shows about 6 follicles on each ovary measuring between 9-12mm. They still need to cook for a bit so am staying on the higher dose over the weekend and will go for 3rd scan on Monday morning.
    I'm totally exhausted today. I'm not entirely sure why but luckily DD has gone down for a nap so I might just close my eyes too.....😴

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #32 on: 26/04/17, 16:22 »
    4th follicle scan & blood test today showed lots of eggs 20+. I have my EC on Friday so I l will be doing my trigger shot tonight and last sniffs at 8pm. I have a drug free day tomorrow (whoop whoop).
    Feeling tired and occasionally a bit nauseous for the past 2 days. Excited and anxious about Friday. It all gets a bit serious and emotionally charged from now on. 😥

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #33 on: 28/04/17, 20:45 »
    I went in for egg collection today and they got 10 eggs which is a good number. They will be injected this afternoon and we will receive a call on Sunday to see how many embryos we have and possible transfer day. We had a discussion with the embryologist to get advice regarding the timing of the transfer (day 3 vs day 5) and he said he understands that we may want to replicate our successful cycle which was a day 3 transfer but also we should wait and see how they develop.
    Feeling a bit bloated and have some sharp spikey pains now and again. No where near as terrible as last time but I have less eggs so I guess is to be expected. I've not been able to play properly with my DD today which was making me sad 😭 Had some kisses though 😊

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #34 on: 30/04/17, 15:22 »
    Well we have 7 embryos at the moment. 5 which are better than the other 2. I think we will go in tomorrow for a day 3 transfer in order to replicate our successful cycle. Hopefully we will then have some to freeze. I'm still not entirely sure if this is the best thing to do- no one really knows if the embryos are better off carrying on in culture or put back in thier natural environment. The data shows that day 5 embryos have better success rates but that hasn't been the case for us. I do hope I'm making the right call, it's my gut feeling. I would love to finish our little family.  ^pray^

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #35 on: 1/05/17, 19:16 »
    Well we went in for our embryo transfer today. We had an 11cell and a 10 cell transferred which were 'B' grade quality. I can't remember what grade we had last time. So now for the 2 week wait. I'm not going back to work till June so now need to occupy my mind with other things so I don't go crazy  ^idiot^
     ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^
    Also we have 5 more embryos which willbe cultured to day 5- hopefully there will be a couple to freeze.

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #36 on: 3/05/17, 12:02 »
    Oh wow. We have a day 5 blastocyst in the freezer! The first time ever to have a frostie. There are a couple more embryos which are developing a bit slower so will know tomorrow if there are any more to freeze.
    Its 2dp3dt and nothing to report really. My uterus & ovaries feel a bit achey. I've had terrible constipation since the EC- I'm sure its the anaesthetic that's to blame.
    May go for a walk with DD after lunch if it's not raining ☔️

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #37 on: 8/05/17, 06:42 »
    7dp3dt I woke a lot in the night. I felt hot, headachey, and uterus felt a bit achey, boobs a bit sensitive. This is the same as I feel when AF is about to arrive- hopefully not. My dd is cutting her top teeth so she woke up a few times too. Overall feeling tired and worried about what's happening. There are now 2 pregnancy tests in the house so I wonder when I'll cave in??
    The weekend was nice. Bbq yesterday with friends. I prefer doing the 2week waiting with DH and people around. It seems to be harder in the week when I'm on my own a bit more. Today I'll go for a walk with dd and carry on with the photo album I'm makings of her 1st year. It's her birthday on Wednesday! 🎁🎈🎂

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #38 on: 9/05/17, 15:29 »
    I'm so stupid. Why did I do it? I did a hpt (frer) and it was positive a bit lighter than the control line but definitely a positive. Now I've opened a can of worms in my mind. Is it another chemical pregnancy? And the embryos haven't truly embedded? I don't think it could be the trigger shot as that should be out of the system by 1 week. I've still got 5 days to otd! Feeling all superstitious right now. But don't get me wrong cautiously pleased but I know there is such a long way to go for a take home baby. Omg have to face DH now who told me NOT to test. Arrghhhhh!

Offline CharlieJ

modify
    ICSI #3&4 diary
    « Reply #39 on: 12/05/17, 11:24 »
    11dp3dt I spent yesterday convinced that this was going to be another chemical pregnancy as my test from yesterday seemed to be slightly lighter than the one 2 days ago. I was SO sad all day.
    So this morning DH and I decided to do another one to see I if lighter again but it came up very quickly and was darker than the control line! So we are cautiously optimistic again. No more testing till Sunday which is otd.
    Has this seriously worked again?! I'll be so chuffed as really want my DD to have a sibling to play with.
    I also am feeling in a strange position as we didn't expect to have any babies in the freezer. We said if this cycle works we'd never mention ivf again. But well I can't just leave it there all lonely. I'll have to go for a fet to give it a chance (not that a day 5 blastocyst has ever worked for us). What if.... and this is very far fetched.... what if this turns out to be twins and then we have the frostie back in which takes....we'd have 4 children!!
    Anyway back down to earth we would be delighted with just one more.  ^pray^ This/ these little ones are developing well  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^reiki^ ^pray^