* Author Topic: BFP - due date September/October 2015  (Read 111373 times)

0 Members

Offline mrshayleycarpenter

modify
BFP - due date September/October 2015
« Reply #980 on: 21/07/15, 13:05 »
I have only bought 1 starter pack - Aptimil Starter Pack with 6 bottles and teats all ready to go.  The box says it should be enough to last you for a full 24 hours.  The hospital where I am going don't tend to keep you in for more than 4 hours so long as birth was uncomplicated and both me and baby are all healthy.  So for now have bought one, and should we stay in for longer hubby said he just grab one from the supermarket on the way to the hospital.

Does anyone still feel like they are dreaming about this whole thing?!!  I feel as if I am as it seemed to take so long to get to this stage and now we are all about 5/6 weeks away from meeting our new precious little bundles!! 

:) ;D ;D :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline 100480

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #981 on: 21/07/15, 13:11 »
    Trina they will ask you to feed your baby every 3 hours, regardless of whether they're awake or asleep. So 1 box of 6 will last approx 18 hours after birth (unless you have an extra hungry baby!) And you'll be asked to discard each bottle after each feed as bacteria could start to grow in the milk once opened for more than 2 hours. So one box could well be enough but I wanted to be prepared because 1 - I don't want my partner to have to go off and buy more, leaving me alone in the hospital, 2 - the supermarkets near the hospital are unpredictable whether they stock the packs, and 3 - my partner can be a bit useless shopping so I wouldn't trust him to pick up the right stuff!! Lol least I know I'll deffo have enough if I have to stay in overnight i.e. after a c-section or any problems, and any leftover will be handy to have in the changing bag when out and about  :)

Offline purplepeak

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #982 on: 21/07/15, 17:01 »
    Thanks loads ladies for the tips on stuff to wear and pack. My sil was shocked I hadn't packed bag yet ...
    xx

Offline kb77

modify
    « Reply #983 on: 23/07/15, 00:14 »
    Hello all!

Wow times fly...

Melissamummy , i am also thinking of waterbirth. Have you had it with your daughter? And clothes-wise - what do you think of having a little skirt as a little cover between contractions since knickers wud be useless for obvious reasons... confused 😩

And thanks a lot for reassurance re:labour. Like you said, i need to trust my own body plus midwives experience.

Wolfy ,
    Glad to hear you had a good foto session. And you are right it IS a shame we can not put our bumps fotos😞. Though we cud PM and share this way.. Did you have ur second half with you in a picture? I am having a little battle on my hands with mine. I am looking into buying a deal "Bump to Baby" through a Groupon. But my DH wants to do all fotos himself😠😨. But i want Him IN a foto!!! It took a few upset looks, sad faces plus a little shout from myself to change his mind😉.

KateB,
    You were asking whether anyone started taking raspberry tea capsules. TBH I did not know what you were talking about till today. I was seeing my midwife for a routine check-up and we were chatting about how to reduce possibility of tears during birth and she mentioned that she is a great believer in Rasberry tea as she has seen results.
    Though she did recommend to start taking them from 35-36 weeks and only two capsules a day and not 6 as says on a bottle. I think i wud defo give it a go.
    Did you take them with your daughter?

MrsHayley , you ARE prepared!!  Still good 7 weeks before your EDD. 
    Are you planning on breastfeeding?

Question: "are you supposed to take some formula to hospital in case your milk is not ready yet for baby?" So, does it mean i have to take a few feeding bottles and etc..

And just thought i would like to say Big Thanks for all ladies for sharing and support. So much useful information i have already learnt.

Offline carrie lou

• Volunteer
    • Thankful to our donor for the most wonderful gifts