* Author Topic: Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60  (Read 52350 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsHappy123

• Hoping our luck hasn't ran out :)
modify
Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60
« Reply #140 on: 14/09/15, 13:48 »
Fingers crossed for you Bettyboop  ^hugme^ Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 14/09/15, 16:53 »
    Thanks girls but I'm sure it's over. Lots more bloods (with clots -sorry!!! 👀) and pains in my back and upper abdomen weirdly. I was a blubbering wreck in work and went home at lunchtime. I had to come clean to my line-manager first which was humiliating, even though she was lovely. I rang the Hewitt where the Nurses said to do another test 5 days after bleeding stops and to let them know the outcome. I think I know instinctively that I am losing the baby.

I need (for my own sanity), to focus on the future. We were lucky enough to have one frozen embryo. When would I be able to use this? Would I get an opportunity to review this failed cycle first? Would they offer me any further tests beforehand?

Offline wantstobeamummy

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 14/09/15, 19:09 »
    Bettyboop82 I remember being the same and rushing home from work pouring out with clots etc
    It was awful and phoning hc and being told just do a test next week I wasn't having that
    I went to EPU at my local hospital they did blood tests and repeat to check levels are rising don't give up
    Really hoping everything is fine and gave me early scans
    As I'm aware you have to wait 3 cycles before you can do a FET

Offline Katiecustard

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 20/09/15, 09:59 »
    Hi I am new here and haven't managed to get through all the posts to work out if my questions have already been answered so I apologise in advance if I'm repeating things!
    We have been referred to Hewitt centre from the women's on 2nd September and have  had a letter last week to say our funding had been approved for 2 cycles. I just wondered if anyone had any idea then how long they waited for their patient information evening after getting approved? And actually whether I am right in thinking that is the next step? I'm a little confused by the order of everything! Can anyone also tell me what actually happens at the pie? I am trying to stay positive with this as it's obviously a big step closer to getting our little one but also trying so hard not to pin all my hopes on this! It's so hard though!

Thanks
    Katie

I was sorry to read about your bleeding bettyboop, I have no experience of what that must feel like but can only imagine! I hope you feel better soon and get some answers to how you go forward. Xxx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 20/09/15, 10:20 »
    The patient info evenings are held twice a month it should only be a few weeks until you get an invite.

You'll be asked to arrange to go in for cd2/3 bloods after that and your Dh will need to do an sa, it'll be around 4-6 weeks for the results/nurse consultation after that and you'd start your IVF on your next Af cycle. Either on cd 2 or 23 depending what protocol they put you on.

Sometimes waiting times can be longer or shorter it depends a lot on your individual circumstances for referral

Offline Binky bat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 20/09/15, 19:36 »
    Hi Betty, I read your post and just wanted to let you know that exactly the same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. It was heartbreaking, I know how you feel. What I would say (having spent a lot of time googling!) is that there are a lot of positive stories out there. However, for me it wasn't a happy ending as when I retested 5days after the bleeding stopped it was negative.
    When I rang the Hc to inform them, they said the next step was a review in clinic to discuss using my frozen embryo. My appt is early October so will be about a month from when I informed them.
    Also, I stayed off work while I was bleeding, work were great with me and said it wouldn't count towards sickness disciplinary procedure as classed as pregnancy related. So if you are off work, try not to worry.
    Take care of yourself and I wish you all the best x 

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #146 on: 20/09/15, 22:05 »
    Thank you Binkybat. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in my situation. I've had my weekend of alcohol and caffeine (only actually 3 glasses of wine and 2 coffees!), but am back on the healthy wagon tomorrow. Am still bleeding but it seems to be getting lighter finally x

Offline cherrywillow

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 21/09/15, 21:29 »
    Hi ladies, good luck to everyone whichever stage you're at  ^hugme^

WibbleWobble could you update my info on the front page please - I had my little boy Morgan at the Women's on 26th July '15. All the ups and down of ivf were so worth it  :)

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 21/09/15, 23:34 »
    Congratulations Cherrywillow will update soon

If anyone else would like adding or needs details changing please let me know :)

Offline ModernDayDelilah

• Gold Member
    • Mummy will never forget you Biggles.
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 22/09/15, 06:38 »
    Congratulations Cherrywillow! xx