* Author Topic: Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60  (Read 52356 times)

0 Members

Offline Filipa :)

• Un-Ranked
modify
Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60
« Reply #150 on: 22/09/15, 09:56 »
Hi Ladies,
I didn't realise there was a LWH thread on here as otherwise I would have joined much earlier.  My OTD was on Sunday and I had a BFP which I am ssooooo happy about but I have a question to all you ladies with a BFP.  The Hewitt Centre stops the Cyclogest pessaries on the OTD, I have been on the August/September thread and all the ladies are still on them many up to 7 to 12 weeks! They are recommending I call the clinic and ask for more as I would be at a higher risk of miscarriage...so scared as its my first BPF in 6 years and don't want to mess it up just because I didn't take extra Progesterone.  Have any of you called the clinic and ask for more pessaries and were you refused?

Many Thanks ladies! Best of luck to everyone.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bearacus

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 22/09/15, 11:08 »
    hi filipa

First of all congratulations on your BFP xxx
    I would definitely phone the Hewitt centre and ask. I was under the Hewitt for EC and ET but everything else is through a satellite centre and Iam still using cyclogest and progynova and will be till 12 weeks. They did only give me enough till OTD and then when i phoned to confirm my bfp I asked for another prescription which took me to my first scan and again was given another to then last till 12 weeks.

Iam sure one of the other girls will be on soon to help some more x

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

bearacus xx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 22/09/15, 11:10 »
    They only prescribe usually if you have known progesterone issues. In theory your body will be producing it by now.

Some women get the prescription and some don't when they ask, I think it largely depends on who you talk to at the centre. There's no harm in ringing to ask for it to put your mind at rest.

Congratulations on your bfp

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #153 on: 22/09/15, 11:13 »
    Hey Bearacus hope your well

They always give meds til 12 weeks if you have a medicated fet as your body isn't ovulating.

I did a natural fet and had no pessaries for any of it

Offline bearacus

modify
    « Reply #154 on: 22/09/15, 11:15 »
    thanks wibble  ^hugme^ Knew someone more knowledgeable than me could help  :)

Hope you are well xxx

bearacus x

Offline Filipa :)

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 22/09/15, 13:03 »
    Hi knowledgeable ladies, many thanks for your comments ... I rang the clinic and they wont give any more. They said they would only give it if it was a frozen transfer.  I guess they know what they are doing... lets hope... as you said Wibble Wobble I SHOULD be producing progesterone myself now.  ^pray^ 

I have my scan on the 14th of October so lets hope we hold till then!!!

Best of luck to you  ^Cuddle^

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 22/09/15, 20:11 »
    Best of luck to you Filipa and congrats on your bfp xx

Offline Newlywed

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 2/10/15, 08:04 »
    Hi ladies just wondering if any of you have had the no cells test? I, having it before my next cycle after 2 failed rounds of ivf. I have 2 frozen embryos also just wondering what the protocol is for frozen transfer what medication u take how long etc.
    X

Offline Newlywed

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #158 on: 2/10/15, 08:05 »
    Sorry I meant NK CELLS

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #159 on: 2/10/15, 09:14 »
    Jessnharley had those tests, don't think she mentioned the outcome of them.

She did get her bfp after going through the tests, sadly her little one was born too soon