* Author Topic: Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60  (Read 52352 times)

0 Members

Offline lis16uk

modify
Liverpool Women's Hospital: Part 60
« Reply #70 on: 21/08/15, 16:13 »
please try not to worry betty, i ended up stimming for 12 days. it was frustrating but at the end of the day they're experts and they will keep you stimming until when is best for you and your body- you might just feel like a waddling duck by the time you get to EC due to the bloat ;)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline AuroraAngel

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 21/08/15, 17:44 »
    Hi Betty

I had to stim for an extra 5 days or so as mine were <10mm. 1 or 2 days isn't unusual - better to get them to the best size. I was advised by ladies on FF to eat lots of protein and use hot water bottles on my lower tummy to help growth but prob won't make much difference to you in a day.

Good luck x

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 21/08/15, 18:36 »
    Thanks ladies, I had my positivity bubble well and truly popped when nurse rang this afternoon to say that I didn't need to stim for an extra day after all and they were going to go ahead with EC on Monday. This means that I'll only have 5 follies of a good size. I'm pretty gutted to be honest, I've done everything in my power to optimise my chances -hot water bottles on tummy, lots of protein, milk, well researched supplements etc and I've only got a few follicles. I've got one more dose of stimms to take tonight then trigger tomorrow.

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 21/08/15, 18:54 »
    Carry on with everything you are doing, there's still a couple of days of growing they can do.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Offline AuroraAngel

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 21/08/15, 20:23 »
    Betty, I feel your worry - I was in the same situation.  Everyone else on here seemed to be getting loads and they only saw 4 of above 10mm for me, but I did all those things you're doing and by ET I got 8 collected then 3 fertilised and that was enough for me to get my BFP - so it can happen.  They can have a burst the next few days

Thinking of you  ^hugme^ and best of luck x

Offline thewynards

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 22/08/15, 08:13 »
    Both times I had to stimm longer and have extra scans.xx

Offline Bettyboop82

modify
    « Reply #76 on: 22/08/15, 09:34 »
    Thanks for your support ladies. A good nights sleep had done me the world of good, I cried for most of yesterday!! Last buserelin injection today then trigger tonight!! Eek! Hope you're all ok xx

Offline bearacus

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 22/08/15, 09:40 »
    Bettyboop- wishing you lots of luck for your EC on Monday xxx enjoy your drug free day tommorow xx

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Bearacus x

Offline CharliB89

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 22/08/15, 10:31 »
    Morning everyone!

I don't know whether I'm in the right forum. I've recently moved from St Mary's Hospital in Manchester to Wrightington Hospital as I was getting fobbed off!  >:(

Was on clomid and my results were coming back at 1 every month. :-(

When I went to see Mr Harris he advised me that he will try me on a last batch of clomid 150mg.. Results also come back at 1!!

Now I'm due to see Mr Harris again on Wednesday to start IVF. I'm wondering is anyone under his care??? Will I start treatment with him straight away or will I have to wait?

Thanks 😊 xx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 22/08/15, 10:40 »
    Hi CharliB welcome

This thread is Liverpool Women's Hospital/Hewitt Centre and any satellite clinics they have (I'm not sure of them all, they add to them all the time) I've not heard of Mr Harris, my treatment was a while back though and this thread has gone a bit quiet at the minute

I'll do some digging to make sure you're in the right place :) if not I'll point you in the right direction.