* Author Topic: Hypnotherapy  (Read 2335 times)

0 Members

Offline Ltierney

modify
Hypnotherapy
« on: 31/07/15, 11:23 »
Hi All

I was thinking of doing Hypno for my next round, number 5  ^idiot^

A friend mentioned it as she is doing it in preparation to give birth

What do you all think about it? worth giving it a go. I'm already doing yoga and ill be doing acupuncture during EC etc

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hopefulshell

• Gold Member
    • When dreams don't come true, dream anew
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #1 on: 2/08/15, 19:04 »
    Hi there  :)

I'm in a similar situation to you - due to have my fifth attempt soon too - and I've been having hypnotherapy over the last couple of months. I'm not sure where you're at in terms of your emotions, stress levels and mindset, but after four attempts I reckon you'll be feeling pretty bashed and bruised by the whole process like me  ^hugme^

I had my last failed attempt last year and it hit me really hard. Immune tests revealed additional issues and I found I just couldn't rest as I was forever researching, obsessing and generally feeling pretty beaten!! But then I discovered hypnotherapy and it has been like a balm for the mind. It's an extremely powerful therapy that helps you to process your emotions and let go of all the negative thoughts that hinder the ability to get pregnant. It's very intensive and quite intrusive but the more open and honest you can be the more 'material' your therapist has to help redress the way you think about things.

I've tried many ways to relax but hypnotherapy for me has been by far the most effective. It's given me a bit of peace and helped me let go a of all the angst that I didn't even know I was holding on to. We all concern ourselves with diet and exercise to prepare physically for tx but neglect the psychological need to be in the right headspace to deal with the outcome.

I was lucky to find a great therapist but I'd defiantly recommend doing your research or ask around to find the right one for you.  Mine is based in Cambridge  so pm me if that's near to you as I'd highly recommend her! Like all therapies,  hypnotherapy won't be for everything but for me it's been very effective in helping me prepare for round five. I should add I was a sceptic when it was first recommended to me! Everything else had failed so I had nothing to lose ...

Good luck going forwards. It's a tough road isn't it?  ^hugme^

X

Offline Ltierney

modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #2 on: 2/08/15, 20:27 »
    Thanks for the info Hopefulshell, yes very tough I'm not sure why in torturing myself again to be honest but its the only way.

Im in Biggleswade, Beds so not too far depending where in Cambridge if you can PM me her details that would be great

Are you at Bourn? When do you start?

Offline Hopefulshell

• Gold Member
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #3 on: 3/08/15, 08:20 »
    No probs  :) Yes, I'm at Bourn where I've had all my cycles. My last attempt will be a FET which hope to have some time this year. I'll pm you my hypnotherapist's details.

X

Offline Kardia

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #4 on: 20/01/16, 10:15 »
    Hello!

I realise this topic has not been active in a while but I was browsing the site and came across it. I wonder how you ladies were doing with the hypnotherapy approach?

Also, if possible, could I have the details of the lady in Cambridge? How much would it cost, roughly?

Thanks!

Offline Hopefulshell

• Gold Member
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #5 on: 21/01/16, 07:52 »
    Hi Kardia

I'll pm you with her details  :)

X

Offline Blue dolphin

• follow your dreams....
    modify
    Hypnotherapy
    « Reply #6 on: 8/08/16, 14:05 »
    Hopeful - if you have time, please could you pm me the details too?? Thank you.