* Author Topic: *~*~* REPROFIT - Cycle Buddies (Orange Knickers Gang !!) Part 5 *~*~*  (Read 63654 times)

0 Members

snowrach

Thanks Jen!  ^hugme^ Wishing you lots of luck and yes chat soon! x

Lol i'm the worst person to ask about public transport! Both times, me & DH got taxis everywhere  ;D This time plan to be more adventurous and maybe catch a tram  ::) ! x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Honeybee75

• Gold Member
    Oh bless you, SnowRach, I meant it, I can't imagine what you've been through but I'm a firm believer in good things happening to good people, I really hope and pray this is your time xx

Hi Jenni! Nice to see you back again  :) I'm going out in October...should be around the 12th...when will you be out? I'm going by myself this time so I'm looking for potential eating out buddies lol!  ;D ;D

Eva's a sweetheart, isn't she? I just asked her something and wished her a good weekend and she sent a mail back wishing me one too. I can't imagine how many e-mails she must get every day from us and how much she must roll her eyes! My DH met her last time he left a deposit and said she was really nice, I'd like to get her something this time around. I'll try and be organised and buy something local before I go.

Angel - I didn't do DE but I can tell you that I spent 1000 on meds and about 800 on flights and accommodation for 2, we stayed for 11 nights in June and booked flights last minute. This time around I'm going alone, I've spent 156 on a rtn flight (I bought a flexi ticket in advance so I can change nearer the time) and I've pre-booked a block of nights (I'll cancel the ones I don't need nearer the time) but I'm spending 19.70 a night at Penzion Locanda, which is in walking distance of the clinic. Eating out is cheap, it was around 15 for 2 main courses, 3 glasses of beer, 2 large glasses of wine and a dessert at Adrias! Don't forget to factor in taxi/bus/tram money when you're there. They aren't expensive but worth remembering!

Good luck for Tuesday, Millie (I got the right day this time!!). OK, the trams are dead easy! I don't know where EFI hotel is though? Firstly, at the bus station go to one of the little booths that sell tickets (and magazines etc...), they understand English. Buy yourself a load of tickets...you can use them whenever and they only expire when validated (you must validate them when you get on a tram, little yellow box). Tickets are a little confusing as they are in zones and 'times'. To be on the safe side DH and I bought the 3 zone 90 minute ones all the time but after a while we got more confident and bought the shorter/cheaper ones. Buy the tickets from the booths as they cost a lot more if you buy them from the tram driver! Really useful websites are some for students:

http://blog.rupy.eu/post/35257938479/brno-public-transport-for-dummies

http://cic.muni.cz/en/left-incoming-mobility/incoming-student/incoming-student-scholarships/85-incoming-mobility/student/387-incoming-student-practicalities-transportation

Zone information: http://www.idsjmk.cz/cenik/CenikEN.pdf

The main transport site with the routes on etc...: http://www.idsjmk.cz/EN/plany.aspx

I hope that helps a bit? To get to Reprofit take the number 1 tram, the stop is Vystaviste - vstup (the stop before has a very similar name, it's not too far to walk if you accidently get off there but the other is REALLY close!) this is the same tram as the zoo and the lake. The stop for the zoo is called zoo, so that helps, the lake is the one after it. Hlavni Nadrazi is the name of the main bus/train/tram station xx

Btw, has anyone heard from Mutti? I got so used to her lovely, bubbly posts I hope nothing bad's happened. If anyone's in touch can they send her hugs from me and tell her I miss her?

^hugme^ to all x

/links

Offline jenni01

• Gold Member
    • Slowly going crazy but trying to hold on!!
    Hi Honey!!
    We go on 21st....so you'll be PUPO by then!!!!
    Unless you fancy extending your stay!! ;)
    I'm going to get Eva and Dr Hana a little pressie as well...just to say thanks..xx

snowrach

Aww Honey that really did make me cry! Bless you, how lovely you are! I wish you nothing but good things and i hope we both get our dreams  ^hugme^

Thanks for the info will have a good read and look at the links! Very helpful  :) xx

Offline Honeybee75

• Gold Member
    Aww, thanks SnowRach x  ^hugme^

Millie - I couldn't help myself, you need tram number 2 for Efi Hotel, here's the link with proper directions on: http://www.efihotel.cz/en/contact

Hi Jenni, looks like I might just miss you  :( although there's every chance AF will be late that month, just to keep me on my toes so you never know! xx

/links

Offline jenni01

• Gold Member
    • Slowly going crazy but trying to hold on!!
    Well honey in the nicest possible way I hope I don't see you cos that means you're on schedule!! ^pray^
    But....if by any chance you're still there or delayed you're more than welcome to come for dinner etc with us!!
    My DH is harmless!! ;)

Offline millie13

• Gold Member
    Thanks so much Honey, I'll have a look and see how many questions I come up with, I really do need to start making notes lol

Offline Pnee

Hi everyone!

Jonsgirl - I think you used OE? - in which case I wouldn't bother to supply any of the ivf documentation to the midwives. They will ask you for all the previous history they need to know at the first appointment.  Take care x

Offline pontsian

Hi ladies

Millie - When I stayed at Efi Hotel we walked into town, takes about 10 minutes and then got the number 1 tram, as Honey, says to the clinic. When you come out of the hotel, take a left and walk all the way to the end of the road. You'll come to a large junction with traffic lights and a park in front of you. Cross straight over walking parallel to the park, cross over a little one way road then up a bit further and turn left. You'll reach a big open space with loads of tram stops and a Tesco express. You'll see the yellow box in the centre to buy tickets. They only take coins so we popped into Tesco's and brought some water, the machines do give change. To get to the clinic buy two 20 Czech tickets, use one to get you there and one to get back. When you go the zoo its the same number 1 tram but buy 2 25czech ticket this time as the journey is longer. When you board the tram remember to stick your ticket in the little machine so the time can be printed on it. There are plain clothed inspectors on the tram because we got checked, thank goodness we had our tickets because a guy next to us didn't and got an on the spot fine and was chucked off! We brought all our tickets from the little yellow boxes by the tram stops but I understand you can buy week long passes. There were no direct trams to the Efi so we walked, you could get a taxi from the bus station to the hotel, it would take about 10 minutes and cost no more than 200 Czech (around a fiver).
    They are very easy to use once you get your head round it! Good luck! x

Jons - hope you start to feel better soon xx

Lolli - great news! congrats and take care x

AFM - finally had a response from Dr Marcela about my poor response. She said, unsurprisingly, that it was due to PCOS and the endometritus. She has recommended for next time that I go on long protocol and stim for a lot longer. She thinks the risk of OHSS is low. She said "We will have again Gonal or Puregon- it is better for this type of ovaries. You will start the stimulation in the cycle before and we will correct your menstruation with Primolut" on 250 this time. Does that mean I would start stimming the period before so be on the stuff for around 6 weeks? Has anyone else used Puregon and know a rough idea of price? A quick google tells me it might a powder that I have to mix with a solution which sounds like a total flaff but if its cheaper than Gonal I would be prepared to try.

I was upset but not surprised to read in her last sentence that if I have a poor response again I should consider donor eggs. At this moment in time I can't get my head around that, I really struggle with the idea of DE  :(  Its not game over yet I know but it has upset me again.

One other thing though, I am (hopefully) on the verge of NHS treatment, do you think they will pay attention to what the Dr Marcela recommends?
    Thanks ladies xx

Offline Pnee

Don't give up just yet Pontsian, IVF is really a bit like spinning a roulette wheel every time - one bad result does not mean subsequent cycles will be the same. Try a different protocol and see what happens.

I think the extent to which NHS clinics will take note of your private cycle data varies from clinic to clinic - hopefully yours will be supportive. You should definitel feel able to contribute your own suggestions when it comes to planning your  next treatment,  even if it is via the NHS. X