* Author Topic: Looking for advice on DHEA please!!  (Read 1016 times)

0 Members

Offline tortoise30

• Un-Ranked
modify
Looking for advice on DHEA please!!
« on: 6/08/15, 20:38 »
Hi all,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to be posting this, but I'm still very new here!

Tuesday I was told I have a very low AMH - 2.1 - (I'm only 33  :'( ) and I will be starting IVF after an info session at the end of this month.
The doctor told me to start taking DHEA and to get it off the internet - that was it!! I was so shell shocked by the news of my AMH, I forgot to ask any more details!

I have ordered some and waiting for them to arrive. Should I start taking them asap?

Any advice gratefully received! Also anything else I can do please??

Many thanks in advance x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline cherrypeanutpie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 7/08/15, 16:14 »
    Hi,
    I also have low AMH and am taking DHEA - I was advised to take 25mg three times daily for at least 3 months prior to next IVF cycle. Lots of posts re DHEA on the low AMH pages and on the over 40s/poor responders page.
    Some consultants (mainly in US) advise having testosterone level checked before and during treatment as too much can also be harmful apparently. I checked mine recently and my testosterone level is a bit high now so I have reduced the dose to twice daily. My sister has the same problem and has been taking for 3 months as well but her testosterone level is still in the low range so she has upped the dose. There is not a lot of guidance about the doses etc, my clinic just said take for 2-3 months before we try again but didnt say anything re testing DHEA or testosterone levels. Lots of success stories out there re DHEA!
    Good luck x

Offline tortoise30

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 7/08/15, 20:16 »
    Hi!

Thanks for your response  :)

Where did you purchase your DHEA?

I have my info session on the 24th, so not sure how long after I will begin treatment  :-\ But I will start taking it as soon as it arrives.

How do I get my testosterone level checked?

Thanks so much for your help  :)

Offline swanlake

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/08/15, 17:22 »
    Hi tortoise

I am taking dhea and have been for two months now, my levels were low, but then became high, but my consult said to keep taking them for three months, I got mine from biovea. (Www.biovea. Com and it's the eurovital brand.

I had to have my blood tests for it done privately but you may have luck with your gp.

Xx
    /links

Offline tortoise30

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 8/08/15, 21:38 »
    hi swanlake,

thanks for responding :) That sounds really promising - thank you :)

My DHEA arrived this morning. They are 25mg tablets and I have taken 3 today. Does that sound about right to you?

I have an info session with nurse on 24th then i'm presuming i'll start ivf at the appropriate time in my cycle (sorry I really am clueless  :-\) so not entirely sure my AMH will be checked again?! I had to pay 80 this time!!

Really pleased that your levels have become high - thanks for giving me some hope  :-*

Offline swanlake

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 11/08/15, 16:33 »
     Hi tortoise

Yes take two in the morning (50mg) then one in the pm to make it up to 75. My last follicle could I had 7 on each side......this is a miracle as the last scans only ever had max 4 each side. I know it can change each month, but I have never had such a high count and the only difference is the dhea. (Maybe a coincidence but I'm hoping too!)

My hair did get a bit thinner, but nothing noticeable, and it is best to get monthly levels checked, so if they go too high you can reduce the dose.

Good luck

Xxx

Offline Oxytocine

• Un-Ranked
    • Optimism
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 13/08/15, 16:23 »
    I am sorry to hear that. :'(
    I know that one of the best clinic about PR/DOR is in New York.
    They have a great website with a lot of info

https://www.centerforhumanreprod.com/services/infertility-treatments/dhea/whatis/

3 doses DHEA a day - 25 mg x 3 until ER

I would take  Ubiquinol 2-300 mg a day too.
    And krill oil

And a lot of other vitamins.

/links

Offline tortoise30

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 13/08/15, 20:40 »
    Thanks ladies  :-*

Offline Passion4baking

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 18/10/15, 22:58 »
    Hi All,

Just wondering how you're all getting on as it's been a couple of months since these posts.

Any issues with taking DHEA? Any success stories to share?

I am new to DHEA (second day), so not sure what to expect.

Thanks
    Natalie xx