* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23871 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
Egg Collection Story Time!!

So we got to our hotel at around 10.30pm on Tuesday and we were pooped! We went straight to bed and got up about 630am! We checked out and left the hotel at 730am cos the tube website said it would only take 25 minutes on the tube and we needed to be there for 8am. Well it took a bit longer and we didn't actually get there till 8.20am so they said they'd have to start with the next patient who was already there. I said that was fine so they just swapped us round!

At 8.45am I met my egg collector! I can't remember her name but she was lovely and she said she was confident they'd get more than 8. I said I wanted 10 and would be happy with that!

Off I go into theatre about 8.50am and out like a light. I woke up about 9.30am in immense pain! I had zero pain last time. I woke up crying and my first question was how many eggs? 10 eggs!! I cried more and the nurse went and got me a tissue and a brew! Then she asked how I was feeling and I said incredible pain so she asked if I wanted a hot water bottle and I said yes.

15 minutes later she came back to take my blood pressure and it was really low. I said I wasn't feeling well and felt really faint so she laid me down flat (I was propped up at this point). I couldn't get comfy, didn't know whether to lie straight or curl up in a ball or have my knees up. I was in so much pain.

Another 10 minutes went and I was feeling no better and my blood pressure wasn't any better so she said I think we are best putting you on a drip, that will make you feel loads better. So she did. She asked my fiancÚ not go and get some food so he went to McDonald's  and got me a bagel. I ate half of it and that was enough for me as I started to feel incredibly sick. So the nurse then gave me some anti sickness medication.

I think by this point it was well after 11am! I said to the nurse I don't understand. Last time I woke up, got dressed and was discharged within 35 minutes. She said Everytime is different but you were out for twice as long this time so double the amount of anaesthetic. I was still feeling faint and unwell so she then lowered my bed so my head was lower than my legs.

She checked my blood pressure and it was a little better after about 20 minutes so I sat up and said I think I feel better. So she took my drip off and started to remove the needle from my hand and was chatting to us. Then I went dead pale again and faint so she laid me back down.

They probably thought we are never getting rid of this one!!

I was like that for about five minutes and then I sat up and felt better. Tried to move off the bed to get dressed, felt faint. Laid back down. Tried to move again, felt faint so laid back down. Third time lucky and I felt OK so I got dressed and left the cubicle at 12pm!! I had to wee and then we sat in some chairs in the recovery room till I felt 100%!

I'm quite made up with 10. With this cycle I wanted 10 eggs and 2 unaffected embryos so fingers crossed I get it!

After we left I was feeling ok just in a lot of pain, I was walking bent over a bit. We went over to Borough Market by the hospital cos I love it there and got some bits and bobs and then made our way back to Euston to relax as our train was at 2.10pm back upto Chester.

I felt really unwell on the train. I dunno if it's because I was sick of travelling or the pain or what but I just felt rotten. I'd topped up with paracetamol but it wasn't even taking the edge off the pain.

We got home about 5pm and I went straight to the sofa, tried to lie down and couldn't because of the pain :( pain in my stomach and chest. I still have a cough from when I was unwell last week and Everytime I coughed yesterday it sent shooting and stabbing pains in my chest and just below my shoulders and my stomach! So my fiancÚ made me a hot water bottle and I perched myself on a bean bag so I was half lying down and half sitting.

Pain didn't get any better during the evening :( I felt so unwell. I know I need to keep drinking loads of water still but I've not drank much since Tuesday! I think I had a bottle of lucozade yesterday and that's it.

I went to bed about 9pm propped up with a lot of pillows so I wasn't lying down totally flat cos of the pain. I didn't sleep great and I couldn't sleep on either side. I woke up in the night crying and with shooting stabbing pains in my chest as I must have ended up in my side in my sleep. It feels like how I imagine having a heart attack would feel :/

I didn't get any of this last time and I can't decide what's worse....pooing myself on a train in cycle 1 or being in so much pain you have to walk hunched over and can't sleep in cycle 2. Both are pretty rubbish!!

So this morning I am still in bed. My stomach only hurts when I move or cough so that's an improvement as yesterday it was just permanently hurting.

My phone is attached to my hand waiting for the call to see how many have fertilised!! I'm praying the 10!!

I will update this blog later once I know :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    9/10 have fertilised!!!!   :)

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    7 have made it to biopsy! We had 6 made it in cycle 1 so we are one ahead with this cycle! I kept having visions during stims of 10 eggs and 2 unaffected so fingers crossed we have 2 unaffected as I got 10 eggs.

We lost 5 in cycle 1 at this point :( so I feel a bIt numb really. I know other ladies on here tested for the nf gene and only ended up with 1 unaffected embryo too but I think both ladies were successful with a pregnancy.

The results should be due in 2-3 weeks but hopefully it will be a lot faster than that. I feel so so nervous :/

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    We have two unaffected embryos!!!

My vision was right.....10 eggs and 2 unaffected!!

I couldn't stop crying in work, I am so happy. I now have 2 chances in this one cycle!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I called guys today to discuss preparation for FET. My transfer is going to clash with Christmas so I'm starting preparation in December but I won't be going for scans till Jan and they're hoping I'll transfer in Jan. I would have preferred to have transferred before Christmas but I accept that it's not ideal trying to sort it out during the Christmas period. And it means I can have a couple of glasses of wine on Christmas Day :)

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Really struggling with this lengthy process at the moment. I won't be starting my buserelin till December 20th!! That's nearly 6 weeks after our results and then it will be another 6 weeks till transfer. I can't stop crying and I feel so miserable. I just want transfer to be now.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Still wanting transfer to be now! 10 days till I can start my buserelin! Most people have a chocolate from a calendar in December, I am having a pill from a packet!

I'm praying this time next year I'll have a baby or at least be pregnant!! Trying to work out what to do about work in the 2ww? In cycle 1 I was off for two weeks but cos my finances mum died, it wasn't relaxing in the slightest. I'm thinking this time of taking the first week off and going back to work for the second?

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Not updated this for nearly two weeks!! I've started my buserelin now :) one injection of 50 units until day 1 of my period and then I drop down to 20 units and start the oestrogen tablets. If it's anything like last cycle then transfer will be in 1 month. I want this so bad, I can't even put it into writing. It's horrible thinking it's worked for so many other people why didn't it me? What is wrong with my uterus? What was wrong with my embryo?

Had to mither guys a lot recently. They recieved my blood thyroid test from my gp on the 7th December. After a week I'd still not heard anything so I started chasing up. I was told every day I'd have a call back but I never ever did. I got really stressed cos I know thyroxine takes 4 weeks to be at a good level in your system and transfer is gonna be roughly then. Anyone on Monday I got a call, my levels are 3.64 and they need them to be 2.5 so picking up my prescription today to start that tomorrow!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Merry Christmas everyone!! Hope a good one was had by all!!

I've started my thyroxine Christmas Eve but I'm terrified my level isn't going to drop enough in time. I going to request a blood test with my scans and I'm gonna tell guys I'm not transferring till it's less than 2.5.

I started my period Christmas morning so I've now started taking 8mg of oestrogen and 20ui of buserelin! I've called guys this morning and left a voicemail to register day 1 of my period so my next call back will be for a scan appointment!!! Eeek!

I'm praying my thyroid levels come down enough because I think it would send me spiralling down if I have to delay transfer. But at the same time I'm not gonna waste an embryo transferring it if the levels are too high.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I had such a panic day yesterday. I don't know what happened, I think I did too much googling!!! (Maybe I shouldn't take the 2ww off work?)

My panics were:

Could I of improved my egg quality by taking coq10 this cycle? Should I take l-anginge as its meant to help with the lining?

Should I eat the pineaple core?

Should I reduce dairy?

Should I go back to acupuncture?

Should I go back to work or not?

Should I eat Brazil nuts?

Should I give up caffeine?

I blame the medication and my period and google for my slight mental breakdown. I messaged a couple of,lovely ladies on here and they cheered me up and steered me back on the right track!!

Ive got my PMA hat back on and I am ready to be pregnant in 4 weeks!!!