* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23870 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
Tonsilitous.

A week of antibiotics - 8 tablets a day.

Fml.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    On the train to London.
    Trying not to throw up.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Survived London.

My lining hasn't really grown in a week which I'm disappointed in. I know I've never really got higher than 8mm but cos it was 7.2 last week I really thought this week would of been like 9mm.
    Dr Gorgy has done a neupogen wash to try increase it.

My tsh is 2.21 which I thought was fine as guys always wanted it to be below 2.5 but he wants it to be below 2 so Ive increased thyroxine every other day.

Back down tomorrow for another scan but he told me transfer is likely to be Wednesday.

I've still been off work all week. This is the first day I'm feel remotely human to be honest. I can't believe I've felt so unwell for so long, it's crazy!! Starting to loose my voice now but apart from that no other symptoms - I just feel wiped of energy but that's probably because I've not done a lot this past few days.

Not really feeling hopeful about this transfer anymore - the thyroid has thrown me now as I'm worried that's too high and the fact my lining has grown.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Ok I'm now in the two week wait and I'm 2dp5dt.

I went back to see dr Gorgy on Friday 3rd November and my lining still hasn't grown. It was still around the 7.2-7.4mm stage and didn't have a triple lining :/ dr Gorgy has said it's not ideal but there was nothing else he could do to increase it and transfer was to go ahead.

Booked in for Wednesday 8th.

Then on Monday my father in law had a heart attack. Husband called me on Monday to say his dad had been rushed to broad green in Liverpool. He's had surgery and a stent Put in so it's been a really stressful for especially for my husband as his dad has no friends and is widowed and my husbands an only child so a lot of pressure on him.

We went down on Tuesday for transfer on Wednesday.
    Transfer went fine - 1 x 5BB expanded blast transferred - same grade as the NHS and they were happy with it.
    Tricky and long transfer because of my retroverted uterus.
    I did intralipids and also did pre and post acupuncture.

Beta is booked in for next Friday at 10.40am.

Do I think this is going to work?

I did until I realised my lining is pure crap!!!

Under 8mm and not even triple striped? Basically no chance!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    5dp5dt.

No symptoms.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Beta tomorrow.

No symptoms.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Negative.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
     Decisions decisions decisions.

1. Carry on with our remaining embryos and spend a few more thousand.

2. Move onto surrogacy. My amazing friend has offered to be a surrogate for us - no words to describe how amazing she is!!

3. Adopt.

My body is tired.
    3 egg collections.
    5 transfers.
    I'm tired of travelling up and down to London.
    I'm tired of injecting myself, taking pills, taking vitamins, worrying about my diet, about caffeine, about alcohol.
    PGD has changed me as a person and I don't like it - it's made me bitter and angry and miserable.
    It's consumed my life for 4.5 years since I made the referral to my GP in June 2013.
    I've seen people start this process before me now have toddlers.
    People who started after me have babies or are pregnant.
    I don't know anyone in my situation - whose gone to this extensive level of testing and expense and not have success.
    I always said if dr Gorgy can't get me pregnant then no one can and I still stand by that.

We've spent no money on our house since buying it and I want too so also thinking if we adopt we'll spend 6 months to a year doing the house up and then apply...and you know what? I'm actually at peace with that at the moment.
    I know I can't do more.
    Back for more bloods tomorrow to check my level has dropped to 0 (it was 6.8 at 9dp5dt so probably the pregnyl trigger) and then I can have my follow up where my first and foremost question will be:

Shall I, a girl of 29, who walked into pgd 3 years ago where I was told by so many people I'd have success first or second try - no fertility issues, purely to prevent a genetic condition - hold my hands up and walk away from this out the door with my head held high knowing I gave it my best shot?  Choices, choices, choices....

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Follow up on Friday.

FGA offered me one last week but I said I was too bitter to speak to dr Gorgy.

I'm still bitter now and angry.

I have a good mind to tell the clinic to destroy my remaining 3 embryos. They're probably duffers anyway.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    My husbands dad has died.

Fell down the stairs on Friday resulting in a non survivable brain injury.

My husband is an only child and lost his mum to cancer 2 years ago.

He's 32 and has no other family in the uk.

I'm only 29, I don't know how to clear a house out or sort out a funeral x