* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23922 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
I got a call back from guys this afternoon after me calling them this morning and finding out my voicemail I left over the weekend wasn't picked up  >:(

Nurse I spoke to was lovely (they all are at guys). She's asked me to come in for a lining scan Thursday 7th January at 2.40pm. And she's asked me to start the oestrogen patches now as well. I have a couple left over from cycle 1 but she's gonna order me some more.

I've also asked to be booked in for a thyroid blood test that day which she's done. I would have only been taking the thyroxine for 2 weeks so I don't think my levels would have dropped enough. I'll be surprised if they have but we will see.

I forgot to ask about l-arginine and the quality of embryos as well. God damm it!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Happy new year everybody!! I'm going to be a Mummy this year!! Positive attitude for 2016 is here!!

I've booked my train ticket for Thursday...70 return from Liverpool Lime Street. Ouch!!

I've been food shopping today, bought walnuts, Pom juice, fruit and veg, organic milk and rooiboos tea (original and vanilla). I couldn't buy any avacados cos they'd sold out.

I'm not the healthiest of people. I've put on a stone since August 2014 so my bmi is now 25 so I'd like to lose a few lbs before transfer in a healthy way. I cut out caffeine for the entire 12 week pgd cycle in cycle 1. This cycle I've not cut it out yet but I am doing from today.

Still hoping my thyroxine is working and I will be transferring my embryo this month. Fingers crossed for Thursday!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Morning all!!

I'm off work today and I didn't get back from London till 9.30pm last night so thought I'd update this today.

I got to Guys at 2.30pm ready for my scan and it was dead! I don't think I've ever seen it that quiet!!! There was only me and a couple and one lady in the waiting room. It was quite nice!

Nurse who scanned me was lovely as they all are! She said my lining is perfect....triple lined and 8mm so she has booked me in for ET next thursday at 1pm!

Bad news - my thyroid might not have come down enough :( I've told them I'm not transferring if it hasn't. I've only been on the thyroxine for two weeks and the nurse who took my blood didn't sound confident that it would. I'm gonna get a call with the results on Monday.

I'm really angry with guys. If they had called me the week they got the results on the 7th December I would have had enough in my system right now. But no they called me two weeks after receiving them so I was at a disadvantage. If this transfer gets cancelled cos it's not come down enough I'll be devastated.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Wow it has just hit me that this time next week I could be in the 2ww!! I've been waiting for this day to Come for months and now it's here I'm like poop!! When she told me I was ready for transfer I didn't really say much, I wasn't expecting myself to be ready so I just sat there in shock for a bit!

I'm praying my thyroid goes down in time!! Praying!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    They've called!!! It's gone down!!!

I cried on the phone to the nurse. I prayed it did but I genuinely never thought it would.

It's come down from 3.64 to a beautiful 2.17 in two weeks!!!

I am transferring my first Frostie on Thursday 14th Jan!! I do my last buserelin injection tonight!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    We went to book our train tickets this morning. We have a two for together railcard and I have a 20 voucher from virgin after I complained to them. (During stimming there was no seat travelling up from London so I had to sit on the floor between the carriages for over 2 hours)

I managed to get us going down to London Euston from Liverpool lime street for 27. Bargain!! 13.50 each!

Coming back was a different matter.....peak time is from 3pm! There was a cheaper train at 2.40pm but that's pushing it if guys run over their time....every train afterwards until 7.20pm was between 140-300!!!! That's with a railcard giving 30% off!!

Then I spotted the 3.10pm train....145 standard...142 first class!!

Obvs we are gonna pick first class! So we went to our local train station (cos we had the voucher to use) and all together it came to 150.30!!!

So that's...75 return each! Which is probably about right!

Scree you virgin with your high prices!! There's a first class lounge at London Euston so we can chill in there before the train, it's free snacks and drinks there! Then on the train we get a meal and free food and snacks!! Excited!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Today is the day we are travelling down to London!! I had a bit of a down day yesterday. I'm off work for 11 days now so knowing when I next see people I'm either going to be pregnant or not was really weird for me and it messed with my head a bit. I got a bit upset and I'm feeling permanently sick at the moment. Sadly last night I had to leave the social media group with my two pregnant friends, the baby talk just upset me too much. They were both amazing though and understood the reasons why.

We are getting the 12.47 train from Liverpool lime street and are staying in a travel lodge at kings cross! Then tonight we are going for a meal at a flat iron restaurant and then an early night! Then tomorrow we are going to get an early nandos. I'm going to drink sooo many refillable drinks to get a full bladder and then probably aim to get to the hospital for 1pm so ten minutes before our appointment. Then back to Euston for a chill in the first class lounge till our train.

The next time I'll update this will be tomorrow night when I get back!!

Wish me  luck that Frostie survivies!!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Good morning!! 

I am officially PUPO!!

We got into London about 3pm on Wednesday, we checked in and relaxed in the hotel for a bit. Then we went out for tea to a restaurant called Flat Iron which is absolutely yummy. It's a restaurant and if anyone is ever in London and likes steak, you need to go there! Then we went to the Alchemist, DF had some cocktails and I had some mocktails!! It was a nice relaxing evening to have before ET.

Yesterday was ET day and we stayed in our room till 11am, we checked out and starred walking to London Euston to Nandos and whilst we were walking there a pigeon pooed on me!!! It hit the hood of my coat and missed my face by centimetres!! Apparently that's meant to be a good luck thing? We shall see.

We got to nandos and I was filling up on the free refills to get my bladder nice and full. Food was delicious and we then started heading over to guys. We got to guys about 12.50pm and our app was 1.10pm. Found out Alan Rickman had died whilst we were in the waiting area :( so I pledged to have a Harry Potter marathon this week!

We got called in at 1.20pm and I was rocking I needed a wee that bad lol. ET went smoothly, we found out we transferred a 4AA! So very happy about that :)

After transfer we headed straight back to London Euston and I had a mini breakdown because we had to climb stairs to get to the first class lounge and I was scared that had ruined everything!! Only because I read something on google, I know I'm stupid.

We got home about 6pm!! I had to climb more stairs at the train station and then we walked home which is about a ten minute walk! I relaxed all evening though and I am relaxing all this morning too :) feeling pretty positive, praying it's going to work so bad and I'm just going to try and not over think everything!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I have survived day 1 of the 2ww! Only 10 more days to go haha!

Today I have taken it very easy. I got out of bed about 10ish and caught up on all my neighbours and coronation street for this week. (Sad I know). Then I watched Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone and then just relaxed on my iPad!

I made some lunch and washed up...and that's pretty much my day.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    4 days past transfer

I'm half way through day 4! The 2ww isn't going to bad so far!

Saturday I had another chill day in the house, just pottered around. I had 3 very loose BM on Saturday afternoon (this exact same thing happened in cycle 1 and there was blood). Thankfully no blood on Saturday but I still find it weird it happened the same day as with cycle 1.

Sunday we went for a walk and got the train into Liverpool and then we went for a fried brekkie which was nice!! And then we got home and watched the third Harry Potter!

And today I'm just chilling as well, watching tv and cleaning the house!

Haven't really had many symptoms? I keep thinking I've got and had cramps but I think it's just psychological!! No sore boobs or anything!

I keep flitting between thinking it has worked and thinking it hasn't!!