* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23925 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
5 days past transfer

Not feeling anything today :( really now thinking this may not have worked.

I'm praying I'm wrong.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    6 days past transfer

I'm struggling a bit now. I didn't think i would. I thought I'd just be happy living in my pupo bubble.

I'm so desperate to pee on a stick but I know it's too early! I was tempted his morning so quickly paced to the loo and wee'd very fast so I couldn't test.

My boobs aren't hurting. No cramps. No implantation bleeding.

Sigh.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    8 days past transfer and the test was negative this morning.

Devastated and not much else to say.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgd for Neurofibromotosis type 1! #1 bfn #2 bfn
    « Reply #33 on: 19/04/16, 21:16 »
    Not posted in this since my failed transfer. I can't bear to read my entries from transfer 2, I'll just get too upset.

So since my failed transfer we've booked our wedding!! For September this year so I've been very busy organising that! We are very excited and it's keeping my mood above level most of the time. I would probably be on anti depressants right now if I didn't have the wedding to focus on.

I had my follow up with guys and they're convinced it's bad luck (I don't think it is as most people seem to have success on either number 1 or 2)

I'm booked in for a hysteroscopy in two weeks with guys to see if there's anything up with me (guys suggested that which was fab). Hopefully there's nothing and if there is nothing then I will probably be transferring our last embryo from cycle 2 end of May/June. It's only a 3BC so unlikely to work but I'll give it a go.

Sadly this diary probably won't be full of any optimism this transfer.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Quick update:

We've booked a private appointment at reproductive health group next week for private tests to be completed. My fiancÚ has inherited some money from his mums estate (she died last year) and he wants to use it on pgd. Obviously money is nothing and we would rather have his mum back in a heart beat but if we need to spend a few grand on testing we can now afford it and if it gives me answers and gives us our child, well I think his mum would be over the moon she helped us with this. So our appointment is Tuesday 10th. All I know is I definetly want the NKC test.

I had my hysteroscopy on Tuesday! We went to London on bank holiday Monday and spent the day with my friend, went out for tea and stayed at hers. Got to st thomas hospital at 12.15pm on Tuesday (my time was 12.30) and I was called straight in. Had to change into paper knickers, stockings and a gown and I had my weight taken, my blood pressure and a pregnancy test taken (negative). Then I went into another room and waited about 2 hours till I got called through.

The anethetist went to put the needle in and it went straight in and out so couldn't use that hand, tried my arm and no luck. They called another anaesthetist in and he tried my arm and they thought that was fine. Started administering the anaesthetic and I started crying cos I had an immense pain in my arm, I heard them say woah stop! Cos they realised the needle wasn't properly in! And then that's the last thing I remember....woke up and came round. I got given a ham sandwich and a brew and the consultant from ACU came to speak to me and said everything looked fine apart from something at the top of my womb. Can't remember what, some tissue that is meant to move and be flexible but mine wasn't so they've cut into it to make it flexible.

Then we went off to the hospital accommodation! I could have gone home imo as I felt fine but I guess it was best to play it safe. We went out for tea and then back to the room. Bad nights sleep as it was two hospital beds so uncomfy and the room was too hot.

We had breakfast at 7am which was just some cereal and a slice of toast and then we headed to guys as I needed my meds clarifying! The consultant said I was fine to start buserlin on May 4th but the discharge team had given me oestrogen tablets and told me to take them 3x every morning so I didn't know how that would work with the buserelin.

The nurse was confused at guys and managed to get the consultant out who did the hysteroscopy who told me to ignore the discharge info and carry on just with buserelin so I did my first injection last night.

Don't really feel much towards this cycle tbh. I'll probably be writing about another BFN in 6 weeks....

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Ok started the buserelin now and well underway with that.

Lining scan booked for Tuesday 24th may at 9.30am. I reckon transfer will be Tuesday 31st may!

We went to see a private consultant last week who recommended immune testing as I have raynauds. Unfortunately I can't have testing cos I've started IVF meds. So we're gonna wait to see what happens with this transfer and if it fails we will get private tested.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Had my lining scan today, it was over 7mm so transfer has been booked in for Wednesday 1st June. My guess wasn't far wrong.

My thyroid level is now 1.44 which is good!!

I don't feel anything positive towards this transfer! Let's just get these next 3 weeks over with.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    So here I am....1dp5dt take 3!!

My train left Liverpool at 9.47am and I got into London at 12pm. I headed over to yo sushi for lunch and realised at half 12 my bladder wasn't full!! So between half 12 and 1pm I drank 1.5litres of water! I got to guys at 1pm and got called in about 1.20pm.

The embryologist team recognised me (uhoh!) they said our embryo survived 100% and has even started expanding which is a good thing! Transfer went fine, no problems!

I got the train back at 3pm and my fiancÚ picked me up from Liverpool at 5.30pm and then we went straight to nandos for tea :)

I'm off work today so just planning on chilling but I'm back in work tomorrow! I feel totally different about this transfer, so much more numb. But maybe it's cos I know it's unlikely to work!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    7dp5dt:

Zero symptoms. I've not tested yet and I'm going to hang on till Saturday morning so only testing a day early!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    modify
    Pgd for Neurofibromotosis type 1! #1 BFN #2 BFN #3 BFN
    « Reply #39 on: 1/07/16, 12:06 »
    God I've not updated this for ages!

As expected....another BFN! It's a joke tbh that this has failed 3x and instead of upset I just feel angry and bitter! I've not had my follow up with guys yet, that's due next Thursday! Guys will probably put it down as bad luck but I don't think so!

I had 16 vials of blood taken on Monday and sent to Chicago! I have been tested for full natural killer cells, thy1:thy2 cytokines and a full thrombotic screening which includes lots of things! I also need to go back when I ovulate for a biopsy part of the NKC! I dunno if I will ovulate as I've been on the pill for so long but they've said they can give me a pill to make me ovulate. I am testing every day and nothing yet!!

I'm still coping without social media but I have to go back on it as I'm getting married in 9 weeks and all my wedding suppliers have been organised via social media so I hope my mood doesn't dip! We've booked our honeymoon, a cruise going around Thailand and Vietnam etc :) I'm so excited as I've heard cruises are just amazing!

Will update this once I get my immune results!