* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23869 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
modify
Pgd for Neurofibromotosis type 1! #1 BFN #2 BFN #3 BFN
« Reply #40 on: 11/09/16, 08:39 »
Apologies for not updating this blog for a while, things have been hectic!!

We got our immunes back and it wasn't great news! Everything came back normal apart from high NKC in my blood and my womb :( absolutely heart broken as we've wasted 3 embryo transfers and they never would have worked! The consultant wants to put me on steroids and intrapilids for the next transfer but he obviously still can't gaurentee it working.

I've put myself through 2 egg collections and 3 transfers for nothing. So the NHS has been telling us it's bad luck and in actual fact it's not bad luck.

One of those 3 embryos may of been my take home baby and I will never forgive the NHS for this.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Cycle 3 is starting October 6th!! My injections are arriving on Friday!

I'm now a married lady! We Booked our wedding in febuary after our second failed transfer for September this year. The wedding got me through the year tbh and without it I think I'd be on anti depressants, it was a beautiful day and I'm still not used to the fact I'm a wife yet.

I'm reading lots of positive stories online about people who've become pregnant after natural killer cell treatment and I'm hoping this is going to be me. Still feeling bitter about anyone whose pregnant at the moment as I truly feel we also deserve to be pregnant but I need to try and stay positive for our last NHS cycle.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    My meds arrived on Friday. It caused my first panic attack in two years unfortunately as the realisation of our last cycle has hit me. And it's hit me hard.

I'm in London today for my DR scan, hoping to get the go ahead to start injections next week. And I'm going to push for repeat tests of my amh and fsh blood test as i had the last ones like two years ago.

My train leaves Liverpool at 12pm and doesn't get back till 10.30pm so a long day for me today.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    London went fine! The nurse recognised me from my name on the list, bad bad times! That's a sign i go to London too much. Starting injections on 6th October and taking my last pill tomorrow.

They wouldn't re do my tests and they're keeping my dose the same all my levels two years ago were excellent.

Back in London on Monday 10th October for my blood test...

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    First injection of our last NHS cycle done.

Very weird feeling. I feel a bit numb.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    On day 6 of stims today! I went to London on Sunday evening ready for my apppointment on Monday morning! Myblood test was 9.30am and I went straight in. Had a call back yesterday afternoon to say my gonal f dose is fine to stay the same and they're cancelling my Wednesday scan and blood test and they want to see me Friday instead. A tad annoying as I've already booked my tickets so I've had to pay 20 to trainline to change the tickets.

I've had a few headaches this time round but I've not been drinking a lot of water as I can't be bothered.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Hi,

Gosh it feels like months ago I last wrote in here. Currently on day 15 of stims and I'm sat in my pjs and dressing gown watching neighbours and drinking a brew.

My Friday appointment went fine, blood test and scan done and I was told to keep my dose the same.

I had my friends hen do on the weekend and whilst I was there my husband texted me to tell me my meds hasn't arrived from healthcare at home and I was running out on Monday. Annoyingly they don't open weekends as well!! Luckily I was at guys on Monday so I could get spare meds from there.

I went down on Sunday evening after the hen do ready for my appointment on Monday morning. My Monday appointment went OK as well, I had a scan and another blood test. I didn't realise I was down for another blood test as by this point in cycle 2 they'd stopped the blood tests. I got back home about 3pm on monday and guys called said they were upping my dose!!! To 200 gonal f instead of 150!!!

On Tuesday I worked 9-6.30pm and then left the house at 7pm ready to get my train to Liverpool. I got to my friends about 11pm and went straight to bed as I was shattered.

Wednesday app went ok. A scan and another blood test. My ovaries are now touching each other again! The nurse thought I was ready for egg collection but she said it would depend on my blood test results. They called me when I was still on my way home and said I need to stay on the same gonal f dose of 200 and come back in on Friday for another scan with egg collection probably Monday.

I was meant to be in work today but yesterday I felt like I was going to have a break down from all the travelling so today I'm just chilling xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Had my last scan today :) I left Liverpool lime street at 7.47am and arrived into London at 10am. My appointment was at 11am and they were running a little behind so I got seen about 11.50am. Got some really good sized follicles in there so they're hoping for a good collection.....I want 12.

They also said I needed to get my bloods done again so I did that and then I left ready to get my train home.

They called me at 5pm to say my bloods were in and they wanted me to drop my gonal f dose back down to 150iu and I was booked in for egg collection for 12.30pm which means I need to do my trigger at 12.30am tomorrow :( so late I'll probably go to sleep and wake up. And it means I'm going to be absolutely starving and hungry on Monday morning.

We've booked our hotel for Sunday night, a 60 travel lodge at Covent Garden. And we've booked our train tickets, the entire journey was going to cost us almost 200 because we'd be hitting peak times coming home. So my option was wait around till 7pm when the trains become cheaper or take the plunge and just spend the money. Thankfully me and the hubby aren't one to give up and we decided to book split tickets. So we've booked Liverpool to Crewe and then Crewe to London Euston for a grand total of 110 so basically 55 for Sunday and 55 for Monday.

Feeling very drained and very nervous right now. I just need to get to the biopsy part now xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Trigger shot was done last night :)

Next stop egg collection!! I'll update this tomorrow night once I'm home xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Gosh yesterday was a mental day!! I could not of even predicted what would happen.

We got to guys at 11.30am as our appointment was 12.30pm. We got called through at 11.50, went through the same procedure as normal, you change, confirm your name and DOB, hubby goes off to do his sample, you meet the anethetist and embryologist and then off you go to the theatre room.

I got all prepped up but when they started doing the anesthetic it started burning really bad again like what happened with my hysterscopy. I started crying and they realised the vein had blew basically and it wasn't in properly so they swapped hands. I must have thin veins in my right hand as its suspicious it happened twice in the same hand. Anyway the last thing I remember was them putting the cannula in my left hand and that was it....

I woke up about 1.20pm and didn't have the pain I had with cycle 2, I just felt uncomfortable. My hubby was there when I woke up and I said how many eggs? He didn't know at this point but he said he'd been told a fair few.

The embryologist then came in and said they got 25 eggs!!!

25 eggs!!!!

Cycle 1 - 8
    Cycle 2 - 10
    Cycle 3 - 25

So we were both a bit shell shocked and sort of just sat there processing it. Apparently there was even more follicles but he couldn't get to them cos there were so many big ones lol. We relaxed for about an hour and then we could leave as soon as I went the toilet which I did with no problems.

I felt fine. I looked fine. Off we went.

We got on the tube (northern line - London Bridge to Euston) which is only about 6 stops. We were 3 stops away and I said to my hubby i think I'm going to buy some water whilst we're at Euston and he said good idea you'll need it. I said that to him as I was starting to not feel 100%.

We got off at Euston and started walking and I really started to not feel well then. We got to the first escalator up and when we got to the top I lent against the wall and bent down and I said 'I really really don't feel good'

My hubby said lets just get you up in the fresh air as it is really hot down here. So he helped me up and got me onto the second escalator....

I was half way up and I remember saying 'I'm going to faint'....

And then I woke up on the floor with all these people around me! Mark was holding my head and a woman had gone for help. I don't remember anything but apparently I stumbled off the escalator, grabbed a woman and then lost consciousness, My hubby grabbed my shoulders and head as I fell so I didn't hit the ground hard.

A medical man came up to me and asked my my name and age and I just held up my hospital wrist band. I laid there for a few minutes and I felt better. Like when you feel sick and are sick you feel better? Like that!!

The men helped me up and I got through the ticket barrier and then we went to get me a lucozade and some nandos chips and I was fine then!!

We left London at 3.46pm and got home at 8pm so a long train back. I was in quite a bit of pain when I got home as my painkillers had worn off. My hand was also really hurting and burning. It feels bruised all the way down my wrist.

I went to bed with a hot water bottle and painkillers and had a bit of a restless night with the pain but not too bad!!

Guys called me today to say 18 have fertilised!!

22 were mature and 18 have fertilised!!!!

Happy right now. I'm just hoping the numbers don't drop too much by the weekend xx