* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23921 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
I expected a 50% drop and that's pretty much what we got....9 embryos have been sent off for testing! I'm made up obviously but we are not celebrating yet as we know we are not out of the woods.

So far we've had 13 embryos sent off for testing and only 3 haven't had the condition so we've been so unlucky. I keep going through waves of thinking they're all going to be affected or were only going to get a couple unaffected. Ideally I'd like 4 or more to be NF1 free.

They've said results in 2-3 weeks but as always I'm hoping it's going to be sooner xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Today is day 9. Last cycle they called on day 9 so from today my phone is not leaving my side. If it's much longer I think my anxiety is going to struggle.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    We have 6 healthy embryos to transfer!!!

We are over the moon!!! I'll update this properly tomorrow xxx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Ok the news has now sunk in. I've been in shock since Friday afternoon as I never ever thought we'd have that many embryos that were unaffected but I've processed it and I feel good!

On Friday I was on a late in work (4pm-10pm) and I was hoping they were going to call on Friday as that was the 11th November and if you look back at this diary we were contacted with our cycle 2 results on 11th November 2015, so I thought it would be nice/freaky/a sign  if they called on the same day but a year later....and they did :)

They called at 3.48pm, I'd just got to work and felt my phone vibrating in my pocket so I pulled it out and saw their number. Instantly felt like I was going to have a panic attack but answered and it was a lovely embryologist (I've said before the medical team at guys are lovely and amazing, but their admin is so poor) and she asked how I was? I said that depends on what you're going to tell me. She said don't worry it's good news, please can you confirm your name and DOB? I did and she said right you had 9 embryos sent off for testing and you have 6 unaffected ones.

I burst into tears and I mean full on sobbing and asked her if she was sure and she said yes.....the rest of the conversation is a bit of a blur tbh. I remember thanking her and telling her to have a great weekend and then I got off the phone and just cried and cried. My colleagues gave me a hug and I cried on their shoulders.

Then I called my husbands work and cried again when I spoke to him. He was over the moon and said the result was better than he ever could of hoped for.

We're going to transfer after our honeymoon which is in January next year so transfer will probably be March time? This is the first time since starting this process where I've actually believed this could work for us :)

A few women have messaged me on here and on F/B to ask what I did differently this cycle....nothing majorly but these are the few things I can think of.

1. I took supplements this time - omega 3, vitamin D and Ubiquinal. I took these for about 4 months.

2. I came off the pill in January and was only back on it for my FET in June and for one month before stims. I've been on it for 10 years (I was in uni and then met my hubby and we didn't wanna risk a pregnancy) but came off it after our second failed transfer in January.

3. I cut out caffeine for 3 months this time.

4. In cycle 1 my oestrogen was not monitored via blood tests. In cycle 2 I requested it and it was monitored on day 5 and day 9 and that was it. My dose has always been 150iu gonal F and guys have always refused to increase the dose as I have over 40 follicles they feel it's quality and not quantity.

I had my blood tests in day 5 and 9 and again, no change. On day 13 I was at guys and I had my scan and they told me I needed a blood test as well. I said erm don't think so? And the nurse checked and said yes you're defo down for one so off I went.

The result of my day 13 blood test resulted in guys increasing my gonal F from 150iu to 200iu and I was on this increased dose for 4 days.

I looked at my oestrogen and my day 5 and day 9 oestrogen had quite a big increase, my day 9 to day 13 tests, it had only jumped up by about 300. It makes me wonder if that happened in our cycle 2 as well....

5. Mentally, I was a lot less stressed this cycle. I dunno if that's helped but my friends think it has.

Apart from that no changes really.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Tying to plan in my head when we will be transferring.

I've discovered that Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam now have zika. And where are we going on our honeymoon cruise? Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam...only for a couple of days in each place but still.

I've called my clinic - they had no real advice so I've took it upon myself to google and research.

I've discovered that women need to wait 8 weeks before conceiving which is fine as a fet is normally about 6 weeks. Some ladies on my IVF group were advising 6 months and I thought I'm not waiting till next summer to transfer so I did more googling and apparently zika is sexually transmitted and can live in men's sperm for 6 months.

So....me and hubby will have to use condoms as soon as we arrive in Singapore, all the way through till the summer. If we do that we should be fine. We must be the only couple going on their honeymoon and using condoms? Haha. We're also going to use a lot of mosquito repellent as well. I've spoken to a few people who've been to Singapore recently and they never even saw a mosquito so fingers crossed we will be ok.

I was panicking a lot about it at the start of the week but I've calmed down now. It may of even gone by the time we get there at the end of January....fingers crossed!! I'm going to aim for an April FET I think x

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I called the clinic today to enquire about our embryo grading. I know embryo grading isn't the bee all and end all but I was curious and our grades are as follows:

5BB
    5AB
    5AB
    5CB
    5CB
    5AC

I'm pretty happy with them :) hopefully my baby is in one of them xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    My anxiety has lasped a bit these past few weeks, I think it's due to the long wait I've got to transfer when I just want to transfer and be pregnant now. I've got it into my head that there's something else wrong with me and my hubby and we have a balanced translocation. And we'd never know as weve never tried natrually for a baby. So I've paid 800 for us to have the karotype test, we had it yesterday and results in 2 weeks. Hubby got a bit annoyed and thinks it's a waste of money. He also is asking what am I going to do with the embryos if it's bad news? And the answer is I don't know, I'll think of that if I have too.

I have another hysterscopy tomorrow at Liverpool, they just want to make sure everything's still ok and my womb is looking good. I have to be at the day surgery department by 7.30am so I'm getting the train tomorrow at 6.45am. Very early. Hubby can't come with as he has no annual leave and his work doesn't do toil so gojng there alone and he's going to pick me up after work.

Will update tomorrow, I'm sure it will be fine :) and please pray for our karotype to come back normal as well xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I've just realised I didn't post the back story to my second hysterscopy. After our 3rd failed transfer guys asked Liverpool women's to do a SSG (saline sonogram) just to check things over. It came back clear, lining was a bit thin but no real concerns, however as Liverpool knew we were coming upto our last cycle they kindly said they'd do another hysterscopy to check everything was still clear.

I got an appointment for Liverpool on 31st October and I thought that was my pre op like I had with guys....no it was actually for the full hystercopy. Liverpool perform them whilst awake!!! No no. Not happening. So I refused and they got me a date to go under general anaesthetic for it. After the pain of the natural killer fell biopsy (which was horrendous) and the pain of the SSG and the fact London do it asleep, no way would I do it awake.

So my hysterscopy was yesterday at another Liverpool hospital. It went fine and I feel fine. I had pains when I woke up but they soon settled. The consultant came to speak to me whilst I was still pretty drowsy so I don't actually remember what was said!!! The nurse said I'll have a follow up with Liverpool women's (I did hear fertility and consultant) and I remember him saying left ovary...but don't know the context. I asked to see the consultant again but he'd already left and gone off to another hospital.

I'm sure my left ovary is fine though, it was fine in my may hysterscopy and my SSG and during our last stim cycle so still should be good xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    No Karotype update yet but I didn't think there would be for another week ish? I know the clinic will email me and say the results are in and we need to come in. I just hope they do that regardless if it's good or bad.

I joined Slimming World on Monday, eeeek!! When I started the treatment I was 10st7lbs amd a bmi of like 23. On Monday I was 11st9lbs ha! I've put 9lbs on since my wedding in September and my bmi is now 26.3. Nothing majorly overweight but I have never ever been this heavy. My lightest was about 9st10Lbs and I was so thin (although I thought I was fat) I was going to the gym a lot and my anxiety was really bad so I basically wasn't eating a lot.

I'd like to get down to about 10 stones, fingers crossed I can!!!

Our honeymoon is in a few weeks so I'd like to loose a lot of weight before then so then I can properly enjoy myself on my honeymoon and feel good in my bikini and then get back on it in February before our April transfer xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Hello!!

Gosh I've not updated this for ages, not too much to update though really.

We had the best time on our honeymoon, totally fell in love with Singapore and Thailand (not so much Vietnam) and we were treated like royalty on the cruise ship. Cruise life is definetly for us and we've already got a quote for a cruise next year :)

We've also now booked a week in South Africa at the end of march for 1 week as my husbands cousin (who lives out there) is getting married so really looking forward to that!!

Karotype results were all fine and I have my predisnolone all ready for next transfer. I have to start taking them when I start my oestrogen tablets and then go for the intralipids 1 week before transfer. The private consultant also said as I have a thin lining and it struggles to get past 7mm he finds it bizarre that guys put me on the pill and buserlin which is making the lining thinner. He said you can skip that part out and go straight to taking oestrogen tablets so guys are calling me on Thursday to discuss this.

I've not had a period now in 70 days, my last one was mid December so not sure what's going on?? I'm defo not pregnant. I do have some spare Norethisterone to bring on a period but guys can't say take it without a scan to check I'm not pregnant.  >:(

I'm still aiming for an April transfer and we still are torn between transferring 1 or 2??

I'm taking vitamin E and l-Arginine to try and help thicken my lining, going to start raspberry leaf tea as well. So praying this time is my turn!! Xx