* Author Topic: PGD for NF1. #1, #2, #3 #4 #5 #6= BFN'; surrogacy #7 = BFP.  (Read 23876 times)

0 Members

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
I had a call last week with Guys and it was an amazing call.

1. They agreed to change my protocol, I'm missing the down regging part and just going straight to oestrogen tablets.

2. They're increasing my dose to 10mg and 2 bum patches.

3. They want me to add aspirin to my next transfer.

4. They offered me the scratch which i declined because I've read you're not supposed to have that if you have high NKC in the womb.

5. They've agreed I can take Norethisterone to bring on a bleed.

So I'm thinking take Norethisterone around 11th march for 10 days.
Expect a bleed within 7 days so roughly end of march.
Go to South Africa and take oestrogen tablets and then hopefully have my lining scan when I get back.

I forgot to say in the last post I went to see a psychic in December. I know people are going to read this and roll their eyes as I'd be the same. I've never been to one as im so dubious and suspicious but this one was highly reccomended to me.

He told my friend when she was 18 not to worry about ever finding love, she'd meet a gardener in an unlikely place - she's now married to a gardener and met him in a dodgy local club.
Someone went and he knew she was pregnant with twins but lost one - the only other person who knew that was her husband.
My friends been to him and she's been to a lot - she said he was the best she's ever seen and he knew things she'd never said to anybody.

So I went and he was amazing, he said a lot and he knew things there was no way he could of known but he got to the children bit and he said he sees a baby bump by October 2017 and I should transfer two. I told him we were only transferring 1 and he said trust me you need to transfer 2.

So my head is saying 1 as I know it doesn't increase your chances loads but my gut is saying 2?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I also forgot to say I'm transferring next month!! It's strange to think that my last transfer was may/June last year and when our third one failed I told my husband we wouldn't be transferring till next march minimum and he was gutted cos it felt ages away and it's like omg in a few weeks it's going to be here!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Ok now my protocol has been agreed it's typical that my period has arrived. I started spotting on Friday but it arrived in full force today on cycle day 80 (I think). I was originally due at the end of January and then this week so maybe the honeymoon and the long haul flight messed my period up? I have read that can happen?

Anyway I emailed Guys and they replied back today!! On a Sunday!! My protocol is this:

5th march - start BCP

Take BCP for 18 days and finish it 22nd March

Expect a period within 7 days and then start my oestrogen on cycle day 2

I'm away in South Africa from the 29th March - 5th April so I'll probably have my lining scan the week after I return.

I've been researching a lot about this new protocol and I don't think the bcp will affect it xx

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    So iv started my pill yesterday!! Countdown is on!! I've worked out I should be transferring roughly week beginning 17th April. I'm still a bit unsure of the protocol now as I'm skipping out the down regging phase and apparently that is the part that stops you from ovulating but google did say if you're on a high dose of oestrogen that also works (which I will be)

FET meds are getting delivered to my husbands work tomorrow, they were meant to be delivered last Friday but a van broke down so they shifted my delivery slot to the afternoon which was no good as I was in work in the afternoon -.- so yes meds delivered tomorrow. It's feeling real now.

Weird thing happened at work today....I got offered a temporary full time contract but half the week is based in my current office and the other half of the week would be based in our other office 30 miles away (so it would be a 60 mile round trip).

I did think about it and sadly rejected it. I can't take the risk and extra stress so close to transfer. The only reason I still have a job and can do the pgd is because I'm part time and work allow me to swap my days as and when it's needed. I know if I'd taken it and the transfer failed I'd be full of regret and I don't want any regrets.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I took my last BCP this morning :) I was rather excited about it and I've never felt this excited before. I do think the break away from treatment has done me good. The past 17 days though of taking the bcp have really dragged, it's felt like every day was a week.

So now I wait for AF to arrive in the next 7 days and then I will call guys and get my lining scan date.

I'm flying out to South Africa a week tomorrow and I'm so excited. I can't wait to see my husbands cousins get married, they're getting married at drakensberg mountain retreat which looks so beautiful. I've not started packing yet so I need to start that soon.

I feel like transfer is still a while away but I know it's really only a few weeks and it will be here :)

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Aunt flow arrived yesterday at my godsons first birthday party! Totally caught me off guard and I had no sanitary products with me!

Anyway I started my meds tonight:

2 x oestrogen bum patches
    6mg oestrogen
    75mg aspirin
    10mg predisolone
    Pre natal
    Vitamin D

My morning protocol is:
    Thyroxine
    4mg oestrogen
    10mg predisolone

I emailed guys to let them know so hopefully I'll get my lining scan date tomorrow as well.

I've coped rather well for me considering it's Mother's Day. This is the last Mother's Day childless as well, I'm positive!!

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Lining scan is the day I predicted: 13th April so I believe ET is going to be Thursday 20th April.
    I'm booked in for my intralipids on Wednesday 12th April at 9am.
    I think our test date is going to be on our 7 year anniversary so hopefully that's a good omen.

Feeling excited right now as I truly believe this should be our time and I hope it's not going to be another cruel negative again.

This time tomorrow we will be at the airport waiting to board a plane to SA.......still haven't packed lol

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    I am back from South Africa!! Had an amazing time, the family wedding was beautiful and the views at drakensberg were outstanding.
    I've come back with a dreadful bug though, sore throat, blocked nose, heavy eyes, muscle ache etc. I've not been sleeping too well with the steroids so I don't know if I'm just a bit run down. I'm going to swap and take the full dose in the morning to see if that helps me sleep better. After much researching and asking it appears there's no difference if you split the dose or not.
    Had no other side effects with the increased oestrogen this time.
    1 week today till my lining scan!!
    2 weeks today till my transfer!! (I think)

I've bought some baby dust transfer socks from etsy before I went away, silly idea but they made me smile. Totally going through a wave of emotions of thinking this is our time and thinking don't be stupid why would you be so lucky?
    Its going to be a whole bundle of weird emotions for the next few weeks.

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    It feels like I've not updated this for ages but in reality it's only been a week, still sniffling and have a bit of a cold but apart from that I'm ok. I seem more tired this time, I dunno if it's the oestrogen or if it's the fact I'm awake really early cos of the steroids, I don't know. I'm also eating like a horse, I'm having and eating so much, I'm never full. But apart from that, no side effects :)

I had a bit of a relapse with my anxiety on Friday and spent between 7am and 2pm googling 'hidden c tests' convinced myself (like the Karotype test) I had lots of hidden infections and this has been causing my failed transfers. I then cried because I thought I've had months to plan for this transfer and I've missed a potential test I could of had to rule something out.
    I read a lot of things and chatted to a lot of people and agreed with my husband to put the test out of my mind. If this next transfer fails though then I'm getting this test!!

I had my intralipids today, I got to the clinic about 8.45am, was hooked up by 9.45am and I left at 11:50am. It was quite relaxing and nice, made my arm feel really cold though but I just sat on a hospital bed with a blanket and some magazines and a brew! It was fine :)

I'm down in London tomorrow for my lining scan, my train leaves Liverpool at 7.47am, I get into London at 10am and my appointment is 11:10am so plenty of time. I'm having my blood test first to check my thyroid and then my scan.
    I emailed London last week about clexane as I read a lot about it and how it can't really do much harm etc. To give guys their absolute credit I had a call back within an hour from one of the lead consultants at guys to discuss it. Unfortunately this was last week when I was poorly so I wasn't really with it, plus this Dr has a really strong foreign accent so it's hard to understand at the best of times so I'm getting a prescription but I don't know what for!!! I'm such an idiot for not asking him to re-repeat it lol!
    I'm sure he said it wasn't clexane but it's for something and I have to take it from the day of ET, I guess I'll find out tomorrow what it is lol

Offline Carrie88

• Gold Member
    Embryo transfer is booked for Thursday 20th April at 11:30am.
    My first lining measurement was 8mm and then she measured a couple more places and it was 7.4mm, they're happy with that though. I was expecting maybe 9mm though cos of the extra oestrogen? But I'm still happy with it.
    I got scanned by one of my favourite nurses :D she was so excited to see me and called me through by my maiden name cos she said for the past 2 years she's known me as that haha!!

I almost had an anxiety breakdown as she said I could have Thursday or Friday but let's pick Friday to give your lining one extra day. I then panicked cos Friday would be 9 days post intralipids and on my paperwork yesterday it said 7 days is best (Thursday is already 8 days post intralipids) so whilst I was st the hospital pharmacy I emailed the private clinic and asked what to do. They said it was fine to transfer Friday but my gut still said Thursday so I went and changed the day.

I've been prescribed fragmin, not clexane which I am more than happy with :) so this is my protocol:

AM:
    Oestrogen
    Thyroxine
    Predisolone

PM:
    Oestrogen
    Lubion
    Aspirin
    Fragmin

I do still feel positive at the moment and I truly believe it's going to work this time. I hope it does so I don't feel like a Twit!

Hubby and I are travelling down next Wednesday night and returning Thursday afternoon. If we travelled down Thursday morning the tickets were 300. Were travelling down on Wednesday night for 29.

We're still transferring two and I'm going to pray every day this transfer makes me a Mum xx