* Author Topic: Uterus feeling firm  (Read 853 times)

0 Members

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
Uterus feeling firm
« Reply #10 on: 18/08/15, 12:47 »
Thanks Katie, I appreciate your advice. I called both community midwives this morning and left voicemails but it did say on the voicemails that they may be off duty. So not sure I will hear back today. I think one of them should be at my doctors surgery tomorrow, so I guess I should hear then, but I would really like some reassurance today. I guess it is just a waiting game.x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    Uterus feeling firm
    « Reply #11 on: 18/08/15, 13:46 »
    Obviously, I don't know what your hospital process is, but maybe call the maternity ward? The worst they can do is tell you to go away. The best they can do is reassure you or let you know of the 24 hour pregnancy support number for your area.

From 16 weeks we call the labour ward for serious concerns at my hospital. At other hospitals it is 20,22 or 24 weeks.

x

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    Uterus feeling firm
    « Reply #12 on: 18/08/15, 20:44 »
    Update: I ended up calling the day assessment unit and asked for advice, they were kind and said it sounds like I have an irritable uterus probably due to all the coughing. I'm hoping the community midwives will get back to me tommorrow still as it would be nice to have a check up. I've hardly had any movement today so guessing baby is hiding behind my placenta or something, I have been busier today so I guess I may have missed it!! I must say I look forward to kicks being more significant :) (I think ill always be wishing I'm a few weeks ahead!) thanks for all the advice ladies, very kind :) x

Offline Dragonfly32

modify
    Uterus feeling firm
    « Reply #13 on: 18/08/15, 20:47 »
    Typically I pressed post then had some movement. Looks like someone likes messing with me  ;D