* Author Topic: Low AMH, high FSH...next steps  (Read 1284 times)

0 Members

Offline NewtoIVF

• Un-Ranked
modify
Low AMH, high FSH...next steps
« on: 1/09/15, 15:10 »
Hi Everyone

I recently went through one full IVF cycle with Croydon Hospital.  I didn't respond to the meds and there were no eggs at egg collection. 

My Husband and I are now looking into London Clinics. I have an AMH of 2.4, FSH of 18 and endometriosis, last treatment was April 2015.  We have looked at Create health, Bridge centre and Lister Hosp. 

Does anyone have experience of these clinics, or recommend any others? 

I have also considered Chelsfield Park Hospital as I was treated for my endometriosis there by Dr Steer.   

Any advice would be most appreciated as its so confusing with so many different clinics!

Thanks in advance!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nippo

• Gold Member
    • Proud Mummy to twin girls
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 1/09/15, 20:24 »
    Hi NewtoIVF,

There are many different clinics that will treat women with high FSH/Low AMH. Lister is very popular and lots of women have had success stories there. I was treated at CRM and I really liked it there.  Other ladies really like create and foreign clinics like Serum.

There are a lot of options, I found visiting a few (some have free open days) helped me to make a decision. It's really a personal decision about where you feel comfortable. I've had friends who prefer the bigger private clinics to smaller ones.

Hope this helps a bit!

Offline NewtoIVF

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 10/09/15, 17:21 »
    Hello

Thank you for the words of advice.  It has been helpful, fingers crossed!!

xx

Offline hopeandhopscotch

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 11/10/15, 19:52 »
    I have low AMH + high FSH too - I'm with Harley Street Fertility Clinic. First two rounds were heartbreaking (Round#1 I ovulated early, Round #2 I was a poor responder with 5 eggs) but round three we changed things up, I was on DHEA for three months and we added growth hormone and I was considered a normal responder with 12 eggs.

Hope that helps! :)

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/10/15, 00:06 »
    I'm with Mr Colin Davis, his NHS practice is as lead clinician for reproductive medicine @ St Barts, but I see him privately. He operates a private boutique satellite clinic with CRM Care London - all scans, consultations, bloods etc are at his consulting rooms @ the Princess Grace, but EC & ET are at CRM, and it's their lab.  Our nurse at CRM said 60% of their patients are from satellite clinics - lots of the big private gynaes use CRM for their private IVF treatment, it's the clinic Zita West uses as well.

I'm cycling with him - we had to do a freeze all cycle, so can't tell you the ultimate outcome, but I can say that with AMH of 1.5 and FSH of 17.6, and an antral follicle count of 5, at EC on Monday we got 7 eggs, of which 6 were mature.  So given that it was a very real possibility that I wouldn't respond at all, this was a brilliant result. 

Mr Davis is personally in charge of all your treatment - he does all his own scans, and I got really individual tailoring of the protocol, as we went along he modified my dose based on progress of my scans.  I have a number of other health conditions, and he's great at liaising with my other consultants to ensure all my treatment is joined up.

He's also exceptionally kind and caring - plus his personal success rates (across all ages) are 68% - I can't recommend him enough. The lab @ CRM are excellent, so we feel we've got the best of both worlds

He's also quite literally written the book on endometriosis - he's written a couple of books about treating endo, which are listed on his website.

His medical care is lots better than his website! http://www.excellenceinwomenshealth.co.uk/

Here's a video of him giving a talk for GPs, if it's of any help  :)  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9gOlHoUBuE

I have no experience of being with a clinic, but I can only say that for our first IVF cycle, it has been amazing to have one person all the way through, and to have consultant led care at every stage.  We've felt that we're in excellent hands.

/links