* Author Topic: BFP - Due Date January / February 2016 -Part 2  (Read 69875 times)

0 Members

Offline dumbwing07

• Gold Member
  • Positive Positive Positive
modify
BFP - Due Date January / February 2016 -Part 2
« Reply #1070 on: 9/12/15, 09:04 »
Nahla - thank you Hun, let's hope it works that way. I don't mind if not asking as he's delivered safe either way! Xxx

Dragonfly - ohh I thought you meant he was breech! Lol bless him I'm sure it is just the placenta but although I feel my boy all day if he has an hour here or there where he's quiet I feel around for him and he usually gives me a wiggle if I put my hand on his bum, knees, foot etc lol I know they sleep now and have less room but I totally agree the worrying won't stop until he's here xxxx

Gruffan - glad you've got the heating back Hun that must have been a pain in the bum! I had no hot water for two days but thankfully landlady got it sorted. Hope midwife appointment goes well xxx

I was in some pain last night, it was like a stretching but all over my bump. My DH has been on crutches last three days due to ligaments damaged in his knee at football, great timing I kno, so I've been lifting and carrying and doing all the jobs so midwife Aunty says I've done too much. She recommended I wear my bump band which I put on and laid down for a while and I'm ok today, but was once again scared! Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Nahla

• Gold Member
    • life's what happens while you're busy making plans
    modify
    « Reply #1071 on: 9/12/15, 10:20 »
    dumbwing, the worry never stops even when they are there... the destiny of a mother!

Offline swissbump

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1072 on: 9/12/15, 11:33 »
    Sorry for lack for personals. Busy trying to manage my gestational diebates.

My fasting level here in Switzerland was 6.24, deemed to be just over the limit so I was referred to my endocrinologist and his diabetes team to manage it. I have to test bloods 4 times a day, first thing before breakfast and then 2 hours exactly after the start of main meals. I have seen huge differences in my levels, depending what I eat so it will be interesting to see what they suggest at my check up on Tuesday. I rescheduled my next obstetrician appointlint to Monday so I would have an idea on how the baby is. I just hope I don't end up on insulin.

Managing work at the moment but have told them I will reduce my hours from 80% to 60% from 1st January.

RE decision about c section. Nahlia is right about Germand and Switzerland making is easier to decide. I had enough problems with smear tests, exams etc over the years, always being told I have a small cervix. With my daughter, my Doctor said I could have problems with my cervix dilating normally so at 32 weeks we made the decision to have a c section to take away the worry of potentially ending up with an emergency c section anyway.

C Section booked now for number 2, and to make you laugh having used donor eggs both times I was asked if I wanted to have my tubes tied during this c section.

I am due on 2nd March but likely to have section in mid Feb but it is a huge holiday here then so no elective sections likely to be planned that week.  Plus with my diabetes the section could be planned for the second week or Feb.

My private doctor is likely to transfer me to the hospital at the beginning of January so we will find out more then.

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1073 on: 9/12/15, 11:55 »
    Nahla - that was me re the pethidene. it was meant as more of an example from what we were told at NCT that there is a place for everything, and the example with pethidene is that apparently if you had had a very very long labour and were unable to sleep at all pethidene should allow you to rest (but they did say you'd have to take anti nausea) but yes of course, big downside was some of the drugs go to the baby too. The course we were on did say it's not really for pain relief, more for allowing you to rest if you needed it, the point the NCT were trying to make was that you may want to go into labour wanting everything or nothing but bare in mind that there are things available to help with certain problems. But yes, not ideal! I am still hoping to go drug free if possible, but I think it is worth knowing what is on offer to help with what :) I can imagine you have seen a lot with your work, you must be very knowledgeable, which must sometimes be harder in these situations. Sorry to hear your appointment was cancelled again - that must be incredibly frustrating for you, I really hope you get to the bottom of it soon.

A few people have mentioned birth centres, I don't know what the ones are like around where you all live, but in our area the midwife led units are mostly attached to a labour ward, so it means you have the consultants are on hand if required. It means if you are low risk you can start in a more home from home room, but help is there if required which I think is really positive. We do have one 'free standing' birth centre which involves an ambulance ride to the nearest hospital, but I think most people who use that are for second babies.

Moragob - I might try with the olive oil then! The special product we got that is allegedly designed for it I think has some essential oils and it said to not use if you have had any infections/irritations etc so I am playing safe as I don't want to cause more issues down there! hahaha!! So yes maybe i'll be thinking stretch stretch stretch :)

Pumpkin - you were brave waxing, I have incredibly sensitive skin at the best of times so I didn't dare use that method :) ! I can't quite believe how much other parts of the body can change during pregnancy. I think previously when I thought 'pregnancy' I thought big stomach with lots of stretch marks, not all the other delightful issues  ;D  The book you bought sounds good - what kind of guide is it? Does it seem quite opinionated or more easy going?

Not brave, stupid. I was in a right state, ended up on steroid cream. Au de natural now! ;) x

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1074 on: 9/12/15, 11:56 »
    Sorry for lack for personals. Busy trying to manage my gestational diebates.

My fasting level here in Switzerland was 6.24, deemed to be just over the limit so I was referred to my endocrinologist and his diabetes team to manage it. I have to test bloods 4 times a day, first thing before breakfast and then 2 hours exactly after the start of main meals. I have seen huge differences in my levels, depending what I eat so it will be interesting to see what they suggest at my check up on Tuesday. I rescheduled my next obstetrician appointlint to Monday so I would have an idea on how the baby is. I just hope I don't end up on insulin.

Managing work at the moment but have told them I will reduce my hours from 80% to 60% from 1st January.

RE decision about c section. Nahlia is right about Germand and Switzerland making is easier to decide. I had enough problems with smear tests, exams etc over the years, always being told I have a small cervix. With my daughter, my Doctor said I could have problems with my cervix dilating normally so at 32 weeks we made the decision to have a c section to take away the worry of potentially ending up with an emergency c section anyway.

C Section booked now for number 2, and to make you laugh having used donor eggs both times I was asked if I wanted to have my tubes tied during this c section.

I am due on 2nd March but likely to have section in mid Feb but it is a huge holiday here then so no elective sections likely to be planned that week.  Plus with my diabetes the section could be planned for the second week or Feb.

My private doctor is likely to transfer me to the hospital at the beginning of January so we will find out more then.

Good luck managing your GD, it sounds like your doing well :) I've got it too :(, have appointment tomorrow to find out more x

Offline pumpkin1975

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1075 on: 9/12/15, 11:58 »
    pumpkin, re diabetes, I thought I have it too so informed a bit... first thing is to change your diet. more whole wheat bread, slow carbs, less sugar...then you will have to measure blood sugar yourself several times a day. if the results are fine you can stay with that, if not you will have to inject insuline about 3 times a day. what scared me most was that once you have gd you have an increased risk to develop proper diabetes for the rest of your life and will have to do repeated tests. well, and they will do growth scans as well to see if the baby gets too big nd probably make you deliver a bit earlier because of that.

Moragob: the reason is always the same...the head of the departement is not there. they offer me that someone else does the scan, but I want either him or one other doctor and nobody else. I just expect if I make a date for a consultation 4 weeks in advance and it is cancelled, that they offer me another appointment. the answer was, there are no appointments available before christmas.

Thanks for your advice. Hope I can manage it without drugs but will find out more tomorrow. It's one thing after another x

Offline deedee_spark

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1076 on: 9/12/15, 12:29 »
    I spent Monday and Tuesday in hospital. Read your updates but wasn't able to reply. Now a bit confused as to who wrote what…

Pumpkin - Two of my friends had pregnancy related diabetes. Both were induced early (38 weeks and 39 weeks). They managed to control their sugar levels through diet, although one had to also inject towards the end. Both babies absolutely gorgeous and healthy. I think low card diet is key and also ask about early induction as baby is likely to be larger.

Swissbump - I am interested in what you write about the c sections. Did you have one with your first baby? We have been told we are more likely to have issues conceiving (!!!) if we have c section and having a normal delivery next time.

Dumbwing - I hope you are feeling better now and in less pain. Not long until full term!!!! Only days away. :-)

Briss - I am totally with you on the stress levels. These later pregnancy days are a bit like BFP and the wait until first scan. It's so anxiety inducing!  Apparently, it doesn't stop when baby is born as the worry switches to: 'what if I break her/him.'

AFM:

I am in early labour - which could last for weeks. Cervix has started dilating, membranes are swollen/full, contractions and baby's bum(!) is engaged. I had to stay in hospital on Monday and Tuesday because the baby is breach. I even had steroids to help form the lungs quicker. Labour seems to have stalled at the moment. Desperately, want the baby to turn.  ^pray^ ^pray^ If waters break, I have to get an ambulance to collect me if there are any issues with cord. If contractions get worse, I have to go back in. Huge pressure to have ECV.  :'(  They said it was safer than the risk of my being in early labour for weeks with waters potentially breaking at any time. If she is the right way up, we can go much longer and waters breaking won't matter as her head will prevent cord coming out. They said C section meant that we could have more difficulty conceiving next time and delivering next time - well we had enough trouble conceiving this time! I would ideally like the baby to turn and for a natural delivery - this means the baby will have a stronger immune system/better chance at breast feeding. But I am so very confused. Consultant is brilliant and I do trust her,  and she came to see us late last night after a full day of hospital chaos. She said she would personally do ECV and had been doing them weekly for nearly 20 years. I really, truly don't know what to do. Spinning babies is not working. Even tried icepack on my stomach when we got home last night. Not even convinced ECV will work as babies bum is engaged. I am just so scared of losing the baby! I want what ever is best for her, not me.

Anyway, that was more of a poor me than I expected to write.

I hope all your babies are the right way up!

xx

Offline loulu28

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1077 on: 9/12/15, 12:44 »
    dee we are breech. Midwife mentioned ECV and i said i wasn't keen on that. She accepted it and it hasn't been mentioned since. Consultant appointments weekly and she hasn't even mentioned it, it is just assumed we are CS'ing. We've been breech all the way along since 20 weeks with weekly consultant appointments. He is sitting low in my pelvis too.

xxx

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1078 on: 9/12/15, 14:15 »
    Ladies - we've gathered up over a 100 pages again, so I've started a new thread Part Three New Thread - Click Here

Dumbwing - welcome back  ^hugme^ So pleased you're joining us again  :)

See you all in the new thread  ;)

Grey xx