* Author Topic: Serum Welcome / Questions / General Thread Part 5  (Read 93877 times)

0 Members

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
Welcome

This thread is your first port of call for all things Serum, here you can ask questions about the clinic, treatment/tests etc

Of note, if you are going on your first visit to Serum, it's worth allowing more than one day in case you need a hysteroscopy (which can generally be organised for the following day).  Additionally, please be aware that you need cash for your medication as this is paid for direct to the pharmacy through serum and that if you have a hysteroscopy the surgeons fee will also need to be paid cash.  Please check with reception at serum how much you might need. 

If you don't need a hysteroscopy, there is so much to see in Athens you won't have wasted the extra day  ;)

Click on the useful links below if you need more specific information:

Site Guidelines

Serum Welcome / Questions / General Part 4

Questions and Information on Immune Issues Specific to Serum Part 2

The Inbetweeners Place

Serum Cyclers Thread September / October

**Agate's Really Useful Serum File**

Hysteroscopy in Athens Part 2

Hotels / Accomodation in Athens

Chlamydia PCR testing Part 2

****Please remember to do all your pregnancy related chat here

BFP, Pregnancy, Parenting all Greek clinics Part 2

Or here

Pregnancy & Parenting Chat Boards

**In the UK it is illegal to sell, exchange or trade medications, drugs and some supplements unless you are licensed to do so. *This includes offering to collect and courier precription medication obtained (i.e.) abroad for another member even if it is legitimately prescribed and packaged for them.

For your own legal protection, you must not offer to sell, buy, collect, deliver or exchange drugs, medications or supplements from/to/for other members. Members doing so will be banned from this site.

There is an extensive thread detailing places where drugs can be purchased legally at competitive prices. https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=9821.0 (start at the last page for the most recent information).

Left over drugs should be returned either to your administering clinic, or to a pharmacy for correct disposal. **

Fertility Friends always recommends that you seek advice on all treatment related query's with your clinic/treatment provider.

*As ever, FF advises its members to verify any information relating to their clinic direct with their clinic*

take care all and very best of luck on your treatment journeys  ^fairydust^

Grey xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline futuresbright

• Gold Member
    modify
    Serum Welcome / Questions / General Thread Part 5
    « Reply #1 on: 13/09/15, 19:11 »
    Oh looks like I'll be the first to post  ;D

I'm off to serum for my transfer on Wednesday.
    Does anyone know if you are allowed makeup/nail varnish/ purfume etc on?
    I only ask as on my previous cycles this was not allowed on either EC or Et.

Thank you xx

Offline mandymoo12

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/09/15, 20:39 »
    Hello all.
    Futuresbright. I'm not sure about that. I would think not as I never have been able to. You can probably wear toe nail varnish.

Me - I'm waiting for my my hidden infection results. I'm so torn with my thoughts on this, but will be interested to see what happens. V Nervous at the prospect of taking so many antibiotics.

xx

Offline Mylittlepink

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 13/09/15, 21:46 »
    I had makeup on no varnish or perfume but more to do with not taking any as I was hand luggage only.  Lots of luck again xx

Offline Diesy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 13/09/15, 22:22 »
    Hi Futuresbright, I'd probably play it safe and not have anything very smelly on.  I haven't been told this before but I know other clinics don't recommend because of the fragility of the embryo.  Gooooooood luuuuuuuuuuck!   ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

So, hello...I'm wondering if anyone can help me with a couple of prices?  OE IVF, DE fresh cycle, embryo adoption?

Many thank you(s) - Diesy

Offline MissMayhem

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 14/09/15, 02:22 »
    Hi everyone  :) I'm going to have the hidden C test and been wondering about the 7in1 and 10in1; I was going to have the 10 but most people seem to only talk about the 7 so am wondering why this is?  Good luck to everyone cycling. xx

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 14/09/15, 08:05 »
    social media - no smellies eg perfume and I think the guidelines from serum say no makeup for EC but I don't think they are so stringent for et. Personally, I think use the same precaution....its all for the protection of your precious embies. Re nail polish, I would think toes for EC and Will be Fine, it's only heavy sedation for EC not GA  :)

MissMayhem - the prices should all be in agate's file (see above) the only one I can recall is OE Which is 3000 although you can still buy the package where you can buy 2 cycles for 4000....if you get pregnant on the first and carry to term you forfeit the second but if you don't get pregnant you effectively get a second cycle for 1000. Freezing costs are 1000 per vial which includes the return of the embies in that vial for an FET. On top of any of those costs you have meds and intralipids and bloods.  But as I say, check agate's file. There are two tests for hidden infections - probably best to have the one which only tests for hidden c and the 7 in 1 which tests for hidden c and several others.

Grey xx

Offline tarot

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 14/09/15, 20:59 »
    Hello lovely ladies,

QQ..... Does anyone know if Serum can do a Karyotype test on sperm rather than blood?

We have some sperm frozen over there and would be so much easier than DH going over especially to have it done by bloods.
    Have emailed Katie and Penny but not heard back which is unusual so thought someone here might know while I wait.

Thankyou xxxx

Offline MissMayhem

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 15/09/15, 00:56 »
    I asked about karotyping the other day, they definitely do it and it's a lot cheaper than in the UK.  I was looking to get some frozen and sent over which is proving almost impossible but if you've a sample there already you should be ok.xx

Offline tarot

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 15/09/15, 09:58 »
    Miss mayhem........ Thankyou so much for your reply.
    So they can do it on sperm not just blood? That would help us so much  :)

Thanks again xx