* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 3  (Read 72993 times)

0 Members

Offline Goldfish45

modify
Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 3
« Reply #100 on: 7/11/15, 12:25 »
Hello, I thought I'd join this thread (I think I was on an older version of it but it got moved here!). Just had a mild cycle where I only had 1 follicle but no egg at EC. Have been in touch with the lovely Briss who has a lot of experience with natural IVF. At a bit of a loss as to what to do next - tossing up between doing natural IVF either in London or abroad, or possibly giving mild IVF another go.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bonniebelle

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 8/11/15, 10:57 »
    Hello LoubeyLou,  I'm sorry.  But don't be too disheartened, I had two cycles cancelled last year due to no follicles (or cysts) and then went on to have a super cycle with 5 follicles.   This year the same, the first two cycles nothing and then the last one I had three follicles.   Long cycles produced nothing for me, also full stimulation cycles.  Actually I've had the best results with Elonva, not sure how often it is used in the UK.

Brocket, I am sorry, I guess that's the thing with soft cycles; you're only going to get a few....  I've got a low fertilisation rate (typically 50:50) so my gyno advised against.

I've got a faint bfp today, but no celebrations yet.  We're too prone to MCs.  Must not get too attached (mentally, not physically  ^eyes^ )

bonnie

Offline bonniebelle

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 8/11/15, 11:18 »
    Oh dear Goldfish,
    I'm so sorry.  I  can see from your signoff that you've been through so much disappointment. 
    I'm not quite as knowledgeable as some of the ladies on here, but I wanted to offer my support and sympathies.  It's very frustrating when you get no response (or when your follicle just 'pop' disappears!)
    bonniex

Offline Puddy tat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #103 on: 8/11/15, 15:16 »
    Wow Bonniebelle this is (cautiously) good news!! Sending sticky dust(?) or whatever is needed to make it stay. God I'd give anything to see those two lines come up again.

Crazy horse just wanted to say good luck with the birth hope everything goes well, and Briss hope everything is progressing as it should.

Hi miss sd hoping this is your lucky egg.

Bananfish have you transferred yet? I'm impatient for you!!

Pickle lots of luck I think we are cycling around the same time - all going well I'll be doing ec/et w/c 4 Dec and OTD is Boxing Day...here's hoping it's a happy Christmas for us both - for everyone, for that matter.

AFM I'm trying to stay positive and struggling. I'm such a terrible Eeyore. Went to a party for one of DD's nursery pals on Saturday and got all the questions about whether she had any brothers or sisters. Bah... >:(

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #104 on: 8/11/15, 15:52 »
    Bonnie - cautious congrats! Really really hope itís a sticky one and keeping everything crossed for you

Loubeylou so sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. So so tough.  I took DHEA prior to stimming, Iíd been taking it about 6 weeks before my cycle.  I have no way of knowing whether it made any difference as this was my first cycle, but I did get way more eggs than my consultant expected - there was a v v real possibility I wouldnít respond at all, given my low AMH / high FSH. Weíre in very similar boats - Iím also 34, and my AMH was 1.5 and FSH 17.6 in July (though it came down to 9.5 in August, youíre only as good as your worst FSH etc etc). I was on high stims and we got 7 eggs, of which 6 were mature. As you can see from my sig the cycle didnít go to plan so no idea what kind of quality weíre dealing with. I took DHEA throughout stims and stopped at EC.

Brocket so sorry to hear about your cycle cancellation too. Being low AMH is so bloody unfair.

Miss sd congrats on being PUPO!

Puddy tat hoping you get a lovely Xmas BFP!

AFM, well Iím CD23 of my Ďrestingí cycle and no Ov.  I coughed up for a scan at an ultrasound clinic near my work as I wanted to know if my lining was as crap as I suspected it was during a natural cycle (i.e. not just in a Clomid and stims cycle, when Iíve had crap lining).  And yes, it was.  It was CD13 and I had an 18mm dominant follie, but my lining was a crappy 4.6mm and no triple stripe.  I still havenít ovulated so Iím fearing that the follicle just kept growing without releasing the egg and will has turned into a functional cyst.  So now of course Iím over analysing every twinge.  Seeing the consultant on Friday to discuss next steps.  Sodís law Iíll have a cyst which will delay any FET or fresh cycles. 

No idea if a cyst would delay a FET? Although as I could be waiting who knows how long before my next AF if I havenít ovulated, unless I get Provera to bring on a bleed, I doubt thereíll be any transfer before Xmas. Really really wanted to just get the BFN over and done with before Xmas and come back in the new year afresh to do our next stims cycle.

How long did you have to wait between stims cycles?  And do you know if a medicated FET in between would delay things further (i.e. does it Ďcountí)

If we canít do a FET before Xmas, Iím minded to just skip the transfer and do another stims cycle as soon as weíre allowed, and keep those eggs in the bank. I canít believe that one of those 6 eggs would turn into a baby, and donít want to delay stims cycle #2 any more than is necessary, would rather try and make hay before the sun sets, given how rapidly my AMH declined.

Struggling to stay positive and just very weary of it all. Appointment on Friday will at least elicit some clarity, if not answers.  Getting straight on a train after my appt to head up north to see my Dad, as itís the anniversary of my Mum passing away, so this time of year is always pretty hard.  Sorry for the pity party! Will get my big girl pants on and stop being such a moaning Minnie xx

Offline Loubeylou

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #105 on: 8/11/15, 17:18 »
    Hi all,

DH and I have had another good chat this weekend and we just don't know whether to keep going with own eggs or not which means that moving to DE is now up in the air. Briss, thanks for your advice, I'm going to look into natural and see what clinics will do it up here.  What I hate is that you have to pay up front for the whole cycle and then when there's no response you get a refund but the amount you get back is actually less than the price with the cost of scans deducted and that is all they do up to that stage - no consults (we paid separately for those first).

I know that cycles vary from month to month and perhaps my mild cycle would have worked in a different month but its the not knowing. But I agree with you Briss that if I had that AFC surely something should happen. I don't have zero eggs, there are some in there somewhere.. How many natural cycles did you try abroad and where would you recommend?

I'm also contemplating going back on DHEA but would dread it if I did. Why is all this so hard!

Brocket - I'm sorry about your cancelled cycle, bug hug.

Bonniebelle - congrats! - sending sticky vibes and to you Miss sd.

L

Offline janieliz

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 8/11/15, 17:45 »
    Loubeylou - can I ask, were you ever put on the pill before your cycles or were they in your natural cycle?
    X

Offline Goldfish45

modify
    « Reply #107 on: 8/11/15, 18:50 »
    bonniebelle *whispering a little congratulations to you* it's comforting to know you managed to get a DS with low egg reserve and that you got a few eggs here and there among your no response.

banana fish I was advised to wait 3 months between stim cycles where I actually got to EC. The cycles where I've cancelled after 2 weeks of stims before EC, I didn't wait as long to try again. I guess they advised waiting for the others for both physical (to let your ovaries recover) and emotional reasons?

loubeylou I think I'm at the same stage as you. Logically it makes more sense for me to move on to DE but... Having trouble giving up on OE. On top of that I can't even decide if I should do natural IVF in London (expensive but convenient and I can work through it) or abroad (cheaper but logistically more stressful). I've just come back from the fertility show and several doctors I spoke to all said I should do DE :(

Hi to broket, janieliz, Briss, puddytat and everyone else reading

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 8/11/15, 23:13 »
    Goldfish. Loads of  doctors  have  told me  to  do de.  I  did the de counselling session  to help me  decide.  And we decided  we were  ready  then  I  got pregnant  naturally.  Then  we are back doing oe before  de again.

Its a  really  personal  decision.  You need  to  be  ready IMHO.   Hugs x

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #109 on: 9/11/15, 19:02 »
    Loubeylou, I know what you mean about paying up front. At Create (and other London clinics as well I think), once you have had EC that's it, you wont get anything back even when no eggs were collected.  In contrast, most European clinics have different prices depending on where you got to i.e. no eggs, no fertilisation, no transfer - all discounted rates and quite considerably discounted. For natural IVF this is very important as I was doing my cycles every months so it all adds up.

I had 4 Natural IVf cycles abroad: two at Reproft and two in Munich. both clinics were very good. Gennet (Prague) is also very good from what I know. Serum works for a lot of ladies (did not work for me) but they are far more expensive than clinics in CR or Germany. Spanish clinics were not very keen on natural IVF.

I know it feels very dark at the moment but you have a lot going for you. your age for starters,  you may not have that many eggs in there but those you have are of good quality due to age. this is very important.

I cant advise on DHEA, I personally decided against it (at least until I am 40) but I know some ladies contribute their success to it.  I have come across many ladies who were taking it suffering terrible side effects but unfortunately no success followed. This is one of those areas where you just have to make your own decision as it seems to work differently for everyone.

bonniebelle, hoping and hoping! I know full well how hard this is but praying this is your lucky egg. are you doing any bloods/scans or just waiting it out?

Goldfish, DE is a hard one. no one can advise on this really. If you are not ready for this move, I'd start with clinics that offered something with your OE first.