* Author Topic: Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 3  (Read 72994 times)

0 Members

modify
Low AMH / High FSH cycle buddies part 3
« Reply #30 on: 3/10/15, 18:05 »
Great news bananafish!  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 5/10/15, 14:08 »
    Hi ladies. Well, we got 7 eggs, a much better crop than expected, which is fantastic.  Unfortunately, couple of hurdles to being PUPO this month. Firstly, in a fantastic stroke of timing, DH fell ill last night and which made providing a fresh sample this morning more than a little challenging. Secondly, my lining had got thinner since the last scan. So even if a fresh sample had been able to be provided this morning, wed potentially have been looking at a freeze all cycle anyway, if the Progynova wasnt able to get things thick enough before transfer.  So, the eggs have gone in the deep freeze, and we await confirmation of next steps.  Obv nothing can get transferred this month - would have been preferable to have embryos rather than eggs in the freezer, but the biggest hurdle was getting eggs in the first place. The priority next month will obv be getting my lining thickened up, although theres a part of me that also wonders if its possible to do a consecutive stims cycle, and try to get more eggs so we have more embryos to work with (and maybe even something for the freezer for subsequent FET cycles)

Does anyone know anything about consecutive stim cycles? I'm guessing the answer is no, and will be treated like a FET, but will see what the response is.

Im both absolutely elated to have got such a great crop, and devastated that I wont be PUPO this month.  And as yet, dont have any clue about fertilisation rates  :'(

DH is obviously completely beside himself, berating himself and beyond upset. It's just one of those things. I'm annoyed at the situation and turn of events, not at him.

But we have eggs. Which was the biggest hurdle. No idea how the @#/? Im going to get through the next month without driving myself hatstand!

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 5/10/15, 14:28 »
    Hi
    So sorry, I had a cycle where my linning had gone "too far" and had to be a freeze all cycle, it ended up being over 3 cycles instead of one, I was really peed off to say the least.  My clinic said consecutive cycles were fine.  I chose to wait one cycle in between because of my DH getting time off work and the cycle really knocking me for 6.  I think your idea is great way to turn a hard situation into a positive and potentially saving money too.  I only got though mine  by planning, enjoying a rest a bit and being annoyed to be honest!

I hope you DH is ok.

AFM I had a my ectopic op follow up.  the consultant said I can start trying again at 9 months, with doing an IVF transfer (DE or OE FET)  at a year (her suggestion and my plan too).  She said the waiting a year is just a rough thing.  I am very happy with this, I feel like I can cope better with it.

Still deciding between City/Gennet and Create as City are cheaper for 3x natural cycles.

Thinking of you all

xxx

Offline Uber Barrens Club

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #33 on: 5/10/15, 20:34 »
    Thanks so much Hope

Spoke to consultant. He was absolutely astonished that we got 6 mature eggs (of the 7 retrieved) as he couldnt believe Id respond like that. He was genuinely concerned I wouldnt respond at all, and said he never imagined wed get anything near that.

He said judging by my lining this morning it was highly unlikely the Progynova would have worked in time for a fresh transfer, so wed almost certainly have ended up having to do a freeze all cycle anyway - albeit with embryos rather than eggs.

He said Id need to have one clear natural cycle before we could prep for a medicated FET - so looking at November really. Its frustrating as hell, but a medicated FET will give us much more control over my lining so as to give us the best chance possible for implantation - they will only thaw the eggs (and will fertilise with ICSI to try and maximise fertilisation) when the lining is where it needs to be.

My lining has been crap on natural and Clomid cycles - and it turns out on stimulated cycles as well. My AFs have been so so light, I never even needed anything more than a pantliner - so its likely my lining will need all the help it can get.

If we went straight into a stims cycle instead of a FET then wed v likely have to do a freeze all cycle again, unless my lining decided to magically thicken up.  So makes sense to go for a FET and THEN make the next cycle after that a stims cycle (though obv would love it if we didnt have a next stims cycle!!)

DH is understandably utterly inconsolable about the turn of events. Its obv far far from ideal, but as hurdles go, fertilisation and building up the lining are much more easily surmountable than the expected hurdle of not getting (m)any eggs. So while the stims get out of my system, DH will freeze a sample in advance just as an insurance policy in the mean time. Im really peed off that no one ever suggested that this was something we could do in the first place, we would totally have done this - embryologist said it wasnt the first time this happened and wouldnt be the last. So why not bloody tell people that freezing in advance as a backup might be something to consider?! FFS

Consultant says despite the lack of robust data, as egg freezing is still in its infancy, hes had v good results with frozen eggs and is optimistic that well be in a v good place once we can get everything in good shape. Just have to concentrate on the positives and not dwell on the frustrating bits - or how far away Nov feels!

Sorry for all the me me me. Long day.

ITHTH that sounds like a really productive appointment and a really solid plan.  I obv have no experience of either clinic but I seem to remember reading good experiences of both clinics on FF so am sure both would be great options

xxx

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 5/10/15, 21:44 »
    Bananafish

Sorry that must be very frustrating.  You've had an amazing response, well done.  I think FET has a better success rate than IVF if it helps at all, as your body has had a chance to recover from the stimms.

xxx

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 6/10/15, 12:41 »
    sorry ladies I have just found your new home :) slowly getting through your posts

ITHTH, I think your plan with freezing embryos while you are waiting it a really good idea. I'd hate for you to waste any eggs while you are forced to wait. I would skip trying naturally part if I am honest and moved straight to embryo transfer.

I agree with Puddy tat, it's a good idea to get embryos tested since you are going for frozen transfer anyway and have time to wait for results. It will save you lots of anxiety after you get your BFP and while you will be waiting to get through the down and other tests.

Puddy tat, please keep on trying! I can definitely recommend reprofit in Brno CR. I had two cycles with them. unfortunately they were not successful but I was very impressed with quality of care. the prices are probably the cheapest I come across so far. They also do not charge you if they do not get any eggs. Blights/hotels in brno are much cheaper than any other place. I had a direct contact with Dr Hana and found her excellent and so responsive, she even replied with advice when she was off sick. The actual clinic facilities are great, you get a separate room. I was with my DH and my mum for moral support. the whole experience was fantastic compared to London. My only regret is that they do not offer IMSi which seems to be crucial for us. There is no waiting list at reprofit, I was able to start my cycle immediately and they accepted all my previous test results. I usually wait about 2 cycles between stim cycles but I do back to back natural IVF.

bananafish, best of luck with your cycle!  7 eggs is an excellent result!! I am sorry about the lining and sperm issues. Hopefully this can be resolved in time for your next transfer.  I got terribly bloated and put on a lot of weight on both stim cycles. I do not know what is it about stims but they did affect me. I looked quite pregnant and on my 450 menopur cycle put on around 6 kg in only 9 days! no idea how this happened. at the same time I only had 3-4 large follicles and a few small ones.

bonniebelle, I totally understand your desire to give your son a sibling. My DH is the only child and he just does not see it as an issue and definitely does not feel deprived or anything. He thinks one child is more than enough. I really wish we could have 2-3 children but beggars cannot be choosers :( I can only hope at this point and do all I can to try.

CrazyHorse, it's not long now. I am so excited for you.

ladies, I want to share my news with you. I am not quite ready to call it a success story yet and generally feel very anxious but  I hope to be able to post my full story in a few months but I keep seeing more and more ladies struggle with high FSH and being discouraged by clinics and it pains me. I did get pregnant on my last natural IVF and am now 20 weeks. and may I just add that a cycle before I got pregnant my FSH was 30!! I have gone through 7 IVfs, 4-6 clinics and 3 protocols (+ a chemical and a mc) before I found the clinic and a protocol (completely natural + IMSI in our case) that worked for us.  but I have to say that if mild stim allows you to create embryos I think it should be preferred to natural IVf. In our case despite getting more eggs with stims we never had any embryos so we had to go with natural.

Offline CrazyHorse

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 6/10/15, 12:49 »
    Oh, Briss, massive congratulations!!!! ^pompom^  ^hugme^ I know you're not at the finish line yet, but this is simply fabulous news. Very happy for you.  :)

Offline Pickle123

• If you're going through hell, keep going.
    modify
    « Reply #37 on: 6/10/15, 12:55 »
    Love this. Huge congrats Briss!!

Sorry for radio silence of late. Am keeping tuned and always hoping for you ladies xx

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 6/10/15, 12:56 »
    Briss, thank you!

And YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!  20 weeks, wow!  So happy for you, brilliant news!
     ^hugme^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

Offline Briss

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 6/10/15, 13:43 »
    thank you, ladies, I am rooting for you all!