* Author Topic: Sperm quality after today's marathon run- help please?  (Read 2510 times)

0 Members

Offline A J

• Gold Member
Guys I hope you don't mind me posting on here but I think you are the best ones to answer my querie.. PLEASE!

DH has been lucky enough not to have had a previous sperm problem and we have had various cycles using his sperm and donor egg. I have even tried donor sperm thinking it may make a difference, but no so continuing with his sperm.

Anyway, we are due to go to Athens in 2 days where he is going to leave a sample for use when needed. Today he is running a half marathon and has done quite a bit of training (running only) recently as well as a 10k race two weeks ago.
In addition he has been having lots of hot baths to ease muscle strain.

I haven't mentioned anything about this to him as I don't want him to feel I am on his case and there hasn't been any previous problem but I guess I am concerned.

Also, he would normally refrain from ejaculation for 3 days before doing the business but in this instance, should he consider 'clearing the system' today after the run and hot bath (sorry to be blunt!) Or, is the damage already done...Or, am I making a mountain out of nothing?

Do any of you guys have any experience of the above? Thank you so much in advance

AJ

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline A J

• Gold Member
    modify
    Sperm quality after today's marathon run- help please?
    « Reply #1 on: 10/10/15, 10:36 »
    In case any of you guys wondered about the effects- everything was fine. Semen analysis showed normal. Sample given on day 4 of abstaining as clinic realised DH was tired after the 4 hour drive & 3 and a half-hour flight to get there.

AJ

Offline coj2891

modify
    Sperm quality after today's marathon run- help please?
    « Reply #2 on: 24/05/17, 14:16 »
    That's actually something I've wondered about, thanks for the info.