* Author Topic: DIUI - 1st treatment at GRI  (Read 1881 times)

0 Members

Offline Miss pooh

modify
DIUI - 1st treatment at GRI
« on: 9/10/15, 19:55 »
It's been such along time since I posted anything on here and I suppose I tried to take a break from the forum for a while. But today has been a hard day and feel like I need to get it down somewhere.

We started our journey 4 years ago just after getting married.it seems like such an age ago and so much has happened since.

We have attended our GP and 6 hospitals, various clinics, scans, bloods, surgery, pitying looks, apologies, test mix ups, endless waiting,more waiting, inflexible and infuriating practice nurses, financial worries, no financial advice, weight worries, it goes on.

Anyway we had our first DIUI two weeks ago. We chose our donor months ago which was the oddest experience. The iui itself was no worse than a smear. In fact the HSG was much worse for me afterwards. I was so certain that we would be lucky and it would work first time. I know that must be naive but I did. I seemed to think that we have gone through so much crappiness that surely things can only get better. But found out yesterday it was unsuccessful, my period started. We never even got to the point of being able to do the pregnancy test. I feel totally robbed! I don't understand why it didn't work. I had to phone the clinic and ask if we still have to test, and we do. So even though I know it's not worked, still have to test. It just feels so clinical.
I have to do the test on Monday and then I need to tell the clinic the result, they will amend the protocol from there( or not as the case may be).

Feel like I'm living and thinking from just one day to the next.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Miss pooh

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 10/10/15, 23:20 »
    DH's birthday today so had a day of fun planned which took minds of things. Day with friends doing fun stuff and lovely dinner. We also have a couple of days off, so try to keep ourselves busy.

The 12th is our test day but obviously know what the result will be.

Offline Miss pooh

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 27/10/15, 17:09 »
    DIUI 2nd treatment

2nd round of DIUI. Trickier this time because of the flipping cervix kept slipping! 3 goes and some uncomfortable moments later it was done.
    So....testing day is Friday the 13th! 😂😂.unlucky for some.
    Also got a work night called "celebrating success" on the 13th too, so hope it's a sucks all around!

Offline Miss pooh

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 8/11/15, 20:37 »
    Well, didn't even reach my test date again. AF came 5 days before test date, Friday the 13th! Too bad. Really just want to shut myself away tonight and be alone for a while. Don't even want to speak to DH to be honest.

:(