* Author Topic: IUI, Gonal F, M/C, OHSS, BFP again!  (Read 4701 times)

0 Members

Offline nudibranch

modify
IUI, Gonal F, M/C, OHSS, BFP again!
« on: 13/10/15, 12:19 »
So, started IUI in May. Always had a gut feeling it would work on the 2nd go. AMH was 14.4 and FSH 4.2.
1st try went fine; a natural cycle with 1 follicle. Had to use Ovitrelle to trigger, so as to fit in with the clinic. The nurse carried it out, and not much pain other than a bit of cramping. I have a retroverted uterus to sometimes the cervix can be a bit tricky! We also found out my left ovary is much smaller than the right, the right being unusually large but healthy. I had an endometrioma removed from the right in 2011, and the left is now stuck to the top of the uterus from past endometriosis so it always gives the doctors a bit of a challenge to find! Both appear to be producing follicles though.
So, 1st try, didn't even get to test. My cycle is very regular and AF turned up exactly 14 days after the IUI.
2nd try was a bit wierd. Did Gonal F this time and produced 1 follicle and 1 probable cyst. The consultant was evidently in a bad mood and the nurses were exchanging worried looks. Procedure was lighting fast and quite painful.  I had cramps for days. My gut feeling was totally wrong and once more AF appeared,  like clockwork.
So now I started to feel both despair and a sort of lack of worry. Looked the nearer clinic and felt a bit better with a backup plan. For the third and final try we increased the Gonal F and produced 3 follicles. This time I felt a very strong sense of calm. After the procedure I was so relaxed I fell asleep when they left me for the 20 minute lie down! Over the next 2 weeks I became very tired and started to notice blue veins...surely it couldn't be? But I had a strange feeling this time was different....

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nudibranch

modify
    DIUI, Gonal F, M/C...what next?
    « Reply #1 on: 13/10/15, 12:32 »
    Friday should have been AF arrival day. All day I kept nipping to the toilet at work to check..nothing. Stilll, its surely just a cruel twist of nature to be late for once. I resisted the generic test from the clinic all Friday.  I didn't even have a second one stashed ready. That night I had two vivid dreams. In the first, I got two lines.  It woke me up but I somehow managed to get back to sleep. In the second dream, the BFP faded. That was enough! I got up at 7 and took the cheap clinic test out of its wrapper with shaking hands. And there it was. A BFP!!! I still couldn't believe it but was so terrified of a second test that I held off from the shops until late afternoon. All that was left was a twin pack CB digital.  Once again with shaking hands I did the test...and those magical words appeared. Pregnant,  2-3 weeks. Never have I been so happy!
    Bloods came back nicely, doubling each time.
    Then at 6 weeks, my scan. We were going away for a few weeks, so by the time we returned it would be almost time for the big 12 week scan. I couldn't wait to see my baby's heartbeat.

OH did the scan. I held my breath and waited for him to turn the monitor my way. He frowned. That was when I knew. No heartbeat. We did another HCG blood test and this time it had barely climbed at all.

I spent the next day visting family before our trip, and in a total state of disbelief. How could nature be so cruel? How could I have been given this hope and then have it snatched away just like that?

So the next few weeks of our trip were spent experiencing all the different pregnancy symptoms - painful, large breasts, mild nausea, tiredness and so on - while knowing the baby had died. The miscarriage came 4 weeks later, with sharp pains and a hand sized sac with a little bean in one end. I didn't even show OH, it was such a shock. On autopilot, I flushed it away and went back to bed.

I've still never cried over it.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 13/10/15, 12:42 »
    So, round 4 was 9 days ago.  Gonal F, 3 follicles. This time I feel less stressed I suppose. IUI went well, no cramps afterwards. Then out of nowhere on 6dpiui, OHSS hit like an express train. So it's been bed rest on and off, lots of fluids and a horrible bloated middle. Episodes of sharp pains and extreme nausea. And some reflux too. It had better be worth it in the end! OH tells me it can be linked to pregnancy, but I don't think there'd be much HCG in my system yet. I do have sore breasts but that could be anything. I've given up symptom spotting. Every cycle is different.
    So I have 5 days until AF is due. Or I can test..whichever comes first. Hopefully I won't be stuck in bed for the rest of the week!

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 14/10/15, 13:27 »
    Had a scan for the OHSS and its mild, which is good, but looks like I have a bug as well! Temperature, headache, nausea and diarrhoea.  Great,  that'll do my chances of a BFP a lot of good.  :-\

It's 10 dpiui, 11 dpt, and on complete impulse I just did a cheap CB. The one where you get a cross or a line. In the afternoon...what was I thinking? I got a faint cross. What an idiot! I should have tested out the trigger if I was going to test early. Oh well. Maybe I can hold out a couple more days. Or maybe I'll try again in the morning. I dont want to try the digital one until OTD. No idea why! So... early BFP, or just the Ovitrelle saying adios....

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 15/10/15, 09:23 »
    Did another test. Another faint cross, maybe a little darker but for goodness sake. This has become silly. Ive turned into an hysterical obsessive tester, all the things I said I would never do. So that's it. No more testing until Sunday, although of course AF could easily make an appearance. Get a grip.  There are still so many hurdles yet.

If last time has taught me anything, it's caution.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 16/10/15, 22:51 »
    So much for that. Did the CB digi first thing this morning. Pregnant, 1-2 weeks. Am very happy, but it's tempered with knowing its very early days and even after a few weeks of good bloods things can still change. We can scan for a heartbeat in 2 weeks and 2 days, so if I get that far I might start to really enjoy things at last....

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 18/10/15, 18:44 »
    Hmm. Another CB digi this morning as I have had some vague aches since yesterday. Its 14 dpIUI.
    Came out positive, which is good,  but still 1-2 weeks.  I don't know if that's ok or not. Last time at 15 dpIUI it said 2-3 weeks. Then again look how that one went! DH tells me not to worry, but it's impossible not to when you've had a miscarriage already. I'll ask him to do my Beta HCG tomorrow.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 21/10/15, 22:57 »
    So we have both been too busy to take blood for my HCG! Decided to use up the spare CB digital this evening and it read 2-3 weeks which is exactly right. Great, but I still can't relax and enjoy things.  I saw my HCG double for weeks and then stop last time so I am probably just going to continually worry that it will happen again. Not much to change that is there?!

Still, the blue veins are back and this time round I'm getting reflux and indigestion.  Plus sooo tired, mega bloated stomach and weeing all the time. But very happy to have to put up with them! Come on little embryo, stick around please...

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/10/15, 14:03 »
    So we finally got round to doing my HCG on Saturday, which was 4w6d. Of course a stand alone figure isn't that useful; you need to know if it's doubling.  But it was 2107, which is reassuring.  Last time it never went above 1900, and that was at 5w3d. So fingers crossed so far. 6 days until we can scan for that tiny heatbeat....

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 28/10/15, 11:52 »
    Looks like its game over yet again. Went in for a urine test this morning in case of a uti. Been having some aches which has made me very suspicious. Did a scan while there,  it's 5w3d today. A gestation sac but no yolk, no fetal pole. Can scan again in another 3 days but there should have at least been a yolk sac by now. This is just becoming too much. I can't face starting over again and having to wait for mc no. 3 so we can investigate. Even then, you don't always find out.
    Its not as if we can just keep trying like other people is it? IUI and all that comes with it... I just dont know what to do any more. This sucks.