* Author Topic: IUI, Gonal F, M/C, OHSS, BFP again!  (Read 4704 times)

0 Members

Offline nudibranch

modify
DIUI, Gonal F, M/C...what next?
« Reply #10 on: 29/10/15, 09:37 »
So thinking about how to manage this mc. I don't want to leave it to take its course, as last time the sac and everything continued to grow and I stayed full of HCG. I'd rather get it over with.  But not mad on the idea of ERPC either.  MM is probably the route to try, although it doesn't always work.  Why is this happening? I was so naive to think getting a BFP was the big mountain to climb.  The 2ww is nothing compared to this. I still have that shred of hope that the scan in 2 days might find a pole, but I know I'm bring unrealistic. There's no mix up of dates with IUI. Aaarrrggghhhh!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 31/10/15, 16:18 »
    Rollercoaster. 3 days ago we saw an empty irregular sac. Today - a nice, round sac with a very obvious yolk sac and a little pulsing heartbeat. The pole itself wasnt clear. Hopefully that is because it's lying against the lining....well we are certainly in a better place than 3 days ago. The sac was nice and high in the uterus as well. I hadn't been aware that was significant but if it's low it can indicate miscarriage.
    So...scan again in a week. Fingers crossed for more progress, and hopefully a clear embryo around that little pulsing heartbeat!

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 1/11/15, 15:03 »
    Urgh. In severe pain, presumably from the OHSS. No idea why it has flared up today but it has been worse since waking up this morning. A really sharp stabbing pain on one side.  Have taken paracetamol and now codiene and still in agony. Some of the follicles were measuring 85mm yesterday so I suppose that's why. What fun.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 2/11/15, 17:17 »
    This morning I ended up in a&e due to excruciating stabbing pain, vomiting and passing out in the night. They were concerned about appendicitis,  but couldn't even see the appendix on ultrasound thanks to the enormous ovary! He wasnt allowed to check the embryo either as he wasnt qualified. However I did eventually end up on the gynae ward where a lovely nurse did an abdominal scan. And there was my little fetal pole, measuring at 3.5mm (though she did say that was quite a rough measurement and a tv scan would probably show it to be bigger). And the heartbeat was so clear! She even gave me a printout,  though it's not the sort of picture you could impress anyone with.
    So good news, apart from the horrible OHSS but at least they've let me home for bed rest. They think the sudden flare up was probably a follicle (cyst) rupturing and bleeding. Hopefully it'll all clear up soon.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 5/11/15, 18:29 »
    Had 3 days off work, and taking things very easy now I'm back again. Feeling nauseous most of the day now, which I'm hoping is a good thing.  Pretty much totally lost my appetite but I make sure I eat and that its a balanced diet. Having totally lost my sweet tooth makes that easier, but the thought of certain foods makes me want to vomit... currently chicken, garlic and anything fried. We do a 7 week scan on Saturday morning, so just praying the little one has continued to grow at the right rate and the heartbeat is still fast and strong.

One thing I forgot to mention sooner was that the month before my first BFP, I started taking Pregnacare Conception.  Probably total coincidence, but before that I had a regular multivitamin, plus flaxseed oil and CoQ10. Since changing to Pregnacare, and changing the flaxseed to fish oil (especially as I don't eat any fish or seafood) I've had 2 BFPs. I always try to get some sunshine or at least outdoor air each day for the vitamin D. It probably doesn't mean anything,  and it would be very bad science to suggest it did. The world of fertility seems to be filled with symptom spotting, trying to make links which don't exist, and grasping at straws in general. But you never know. It might help someone some day.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 7/11/15, 15:37 »
    Good scan today. Measuring 6 weeks 5 days, and its 6 weeks 6 days so bang on really. It has caught up! So, just a case of fingers tightly crossed from now on....

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 14/11/15, 16:08 »
    8 week scan today, all measuring right and the little heartbeat going like crazy. Going to sort out my first midwife appointment now.
    The food aversion and nausea is pretty bad now. Also my sense of smell has gone crazy. Everything smells really powerful, literally everything. I'm sure it's feeding the nausea. Oh well, really shouldn't complain.
    Keep going little one, we're not out of the woods yet. In fact I wont feel we are until and unless we end up with a healthy baby in our arms. That's a lot more worrying to do!

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 22/11/15, 18:53 »
    Urgh...still feeling very sick all the time. The OHSS has improved, in that I am no longer in hospital but the ovaries are still ridiculously large as measured on yesterday's scan. I didn't talk about it on my last post, but I was in hospital again at the time. 4 days ' stay. I have to say, the experience has put me off medicated cycles. Yes, they work...but if I have to do it again I think I will take my chances and take a bit longer to concieve if necessary. There was no indication of it pre IUI and in fact it was the BFP which kicked everything off. Its been weeks and weeks of pain, including the night I was hospitalised when I experienced the absolute worse pain of my life. Worse than the ovarian torsion I had years ago even! Metabolic crash, on morphine, a drip, a catheter, days in hospital. Truly unpleasant. I really didn't see how an embryo could survive that. Yes, I hope it is all going to be worth it but I would think twice about doing it again.
    Anyway the good news is that the latest scan showed a right sized fetus, good little heartbeat and kicking legs! Now I've seen it moving it seems like a real baby at last. Fingers still crossed....nuchal fold scan in a couple of weeks. Keep going little one...

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 6/12/15, 00:14 »
    Just popped on to say its the nuchal scan in two days. Keeping everything crossed...still sick as a dog all day long but it'll be worth it hopefully.

Offline nudibranch

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 12/12/15, 08:50 »
    All went well with nuchal. Well within normal limits and bloods ok too. A relief. 20 weeks scan is in Feb. Baby is very active and is at the upper end of the size charts each scan, but big (tall) babies run in the family. It seems real now, at long last.
    Not sure I should carry on posting here, as it's not an IUI journey any more. But I hope my story might reassure others that it can happen. Good luck to all...