* Author Topic: advice plz - discrepancy between AFC and AMH  (Read 722 times)

0 Members

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
  • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
hi all,
looking for a bit of advice,
does anyone have any idea why an AMH and AFC would not match up???
my AMH was lowish 3 years ago , between 11.5 and 12.9. i was turned down for egg sharing.

however an antral follicle scan taken just over 1 year ago revealed 18 - 20 follicals? (baseline no stims) the nurse asked "was your AMH high when tested?"

what would cause this descrepancy? can my AMH be ignored ? ( ^pray^) lol

Just in case it makes a difference prior to my first AMH test in Feb 2013 i was very ill with 2 bouts of norovirus. i was flat on my back for weeks and off work, hardly eating. AMH was 11.5
my second AMH test in June 2013 it came back as 12.9 so higher.
my AFC scan wasnt until 1 year after that and that yeilded a good result.

could my lowish AMH be a tempaory result of my poor health prior to testing? dunno how it would make a difference but it does seem odd

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ladybug8410

modify
    advice plz - discrepancy between AFC and AMH
    « Reply #1 on: 18/10/15, 13:05 »
    Hi Jade

I'm not sure if this helps but I also have conflicting results. My AMH is >65pmol/L but AFC was low at less than 10. No one really had an answer for me, one consultant suggested PCOS but I have nothing else to suggest that. At the end, clinics have treated me as diminished reserve i.e following my AFC rather than AMH as this is what my response has been in all my cycles.

I do think the AFC value can vary quite a bit as this is ultrasonographer dependent and can change from cycle to cycle.

x

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    advice plz - discrepancy between AFC and AMH
    « Reply #2 on: 21/10/15, 11:02 »
    Hi ladybug
    thanks for replying.
    thanks interesting,  sounds like your the same as me but opposite if that makes sense.
    xx