* Author Topic: Our DIUI Journey  (Read 2608 times)

0 Members

Offline HighlandChick

modify
Our DIUI Journey
« on: 14/11/15, 11:04 »
Dear diary

Not sure if anyone will read this or find it helpful but I'm hoping having somewhere to put my thoughts and feelings down will help me and stop me nipping my husbands head.

A little about us I'm 27 and as far as we know no fertility issues with me. My DH is 32 and transgender ftm hence the need for DIUI. We went to our gp in Nov 2013 to discuss our options and he referred us to the Aberdeen fertility clinic (we live in the north of Scotland so this is the nearest to us at 3 hours away). We waited for an appointment and finally got one in March 2014. This initial consultation we discussed our options and we went away to discuss it all very confusing. Next appointment was in May 2014 were we finally decided on DIUI and were put on the waiting list. I also had an ultrasound scan at this appointment where they found a small cyst on my left ovary but told this shouldnt cause any issues  ^pray^ that it doesn't. (We also had a counselling session in between these two appointments). We were then told the waiting list was 12 months I was devastated to have to wait that long but nothing we could do since we can't afford to self fund.

Fast forward to now Nov 2015 and 18 months later and we are still waiting  :(. Don't get me wrong the last 18 months have been fab two of my best friends have got married, we ourselves got married and was one of the best days of our lives but now everyone around me seems to be pregnant. Two girls at work, two of my best friends and friends of friends keep popping up everywhere I look pregnant. Don't get me wrong I'm so happy for them all but last week I had a little meltdown about it all. I've waited long enough. I feel like a right crazy person and feel bad that I'm upset my friends are pregnant when I should feel delighted for them. Think I'm just going  ^idiot^.

My DH then decided on the 10th Nov he was going to phone the clinic and see where we were on the list hoping to cheer me up with some good news (last time we phoned in sep we were number 9 and had moved very slowly so I wasn't holding out much hope of being anywhere close) I even told him not to tell me if it was bad. He then sent me a txt while I was on a training course at work and WE ARE NUMBER 2!!!! I'm so excited! People at number 1 had just been called so really we are at the top and clinic said we will be called in before Xmas to get my tests up to date and hopefully begin treatment in January 2016. Now I'm completely scared and worrying about everything like how it's going to work being so far away from clinic and with work etc. The girls at work are so supportive and are willing to help me with swapping shifts etc (I'm a nurse and work 12 hour shift)

So that's us up to date and now just waiting for the call to go in and get started. I'm so ready for it but have lots of mixed emotions. Will be back when I have an update or another meltdown where I need to vent lol

Bye for now x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #1 on: 13/12/15, 17:07 »
    Dear diary

So we received a call from the fertility clinic this afternoon wondering why we hadn't come for our appointment today (we had no idea we had an appointment). After some discussion and digging around clinic realised our appointment letter had been sent to our old address ( even though we moved from there in April 2014 and told them straight away 😡). So disappointed we missed this appointment cos we can't get another until 15th of Jan 2016 😞😭 this appointment was to get our scans, tests etc up to date and sign all the paperwork so now starting treatment will be delayed 😞. I'm a little disappointed but not much I can do about it now.

Not much else has been happening in our lives except we found out another close friend is pregnant so that's three now. Very very happy for them all but so jealous it's not us yet. We are all organised for Christmas just lots of wrapping to do. We are spoiling each other this year since we have no wedding to pay and no babies yet fingers crossed their will be a little one with us next year.

Anyway that's all for now I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a happy new year I think our 2016 is going to be just as good as 2015

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #2 on: 16/01/16, 12:19 »
    Dear Diary

So we had our appointment at Aberdeen yesterday and all went really well. We had a lot of paperwork and consent forms to sign. I was also given an ultrasound scan and everything went perfectly and no sign of that cyst anymore woo hoo. Progesterone results came back at 30.1 so that was all good and much better than last time. We discussed the process and were given the go ahead to start this cycle.

I am CD3 just now so clinic advised i start doing ovulation tests from CD10 and these will be pee tests as we are 3 hours away from the clinic. Thank go they gave me some as they are so expensive lol! Then when i get a smiley face all i need to do is phone the clinic and go in the next day. Seems simple so lets hope it is. Also started folic acid yesterday.

Feeling very excited but nervous at the same time

Will update will some news soon

Mrs B xx

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #3 on: 3/02/16, 13:13 »
    Dear diary

So we had our first DIUI treatment on the 28th of January so I'm currently 6dpiui. Procedure was pretty simple and relatively pain free. It was a little uncomfortable but all went perfectly. I had quite a bit of period type cramping that night for about 4 hours and then it settled. The next two days I had on and off cramping but nothing since then.

I haven't really experienced any symptoms really since apart from a little extra tiredness but not sure if that's connected. Today I had another progesterone blood test to check I ovulated and then I can do a test in two weeks so fingers crossed  ^pray^

Will be hoping to most some good news soon

Mrs B x

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #4 on: 5/02/16, 10:53 »
    Dear diary

I'm currently 8dpiui and still not got any symptoms really. I'm sleeping a lot more than I used to and last night I swear my boobs were bigger even DH thought so. Period is due 9th of Feb which will be 12dpiui and then clinic said to test 2 weeks after blood test for progesterone so that will be the 18th of Feb. That's still 13 days away I'm going to driven nuts or it could be over soon if af arrives. I'm not feeling very positive at all today  :(

Mrs B x

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #5 on: 23/02/16, 08:52 »
    Dear diary

I forgot to update this after my last diui. It didn't work for us and af came at 14 dpiui I was proper gutted. I had my little cry and then sorted myself out. What didn't help was all my work friends knew and kept asking me for any news so this time we are not telling anyone.

So on to this cycle... I started testing for my ovulation on Saturday and got a positive on Sunday 😱 Shocked as Sunday was only cd 11 I didn't get positive last cycle until cd 14. So had our 2nd diui yesterday on cd12. All went well and we have 3.5 million swimmers on board  ^pray^ One works lol! Now the dreaded 3ww in my case

Today I'm 1dpiui and feeling nothing last time I had a lot of cramping but nothing apart from a little spotting after this time. DH thinks this is because I was more relaxed and didn't tense as much because I knew what to expect

Will try to remember to update more this time

Mrs B x

Offline HighlandChick

modify
    Our DIUI Journey
    « Reply #6 on: 25/02/16, 07:59 »
    Dear diary so today I'm 3dpiui and haven't had any symptoms really. I had some pain on my left side but really high up like under my ribs so didnt think this was related probably pulled a muscle as the bloody dog nearly pulled me on my ^Booty^ the other day  >:( naughty boxer. Been feeling great actually compared to last time so I'm going to take that as a good sign  ;D

Anyway I'm up so early today as my friend (who is actually more like my sister) has just messaged me an hour ago to tell me she is is labour ( her first baby) I'm so excited and now can't get back to sleep  ^banana^

That's it from me just now

Baby dust to all

Mrs B x