* Author Topic: Bleeding in early pregnancy  (Read 689 times)

0 Members

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
Bleeding in early pregnancy
« on: 16/11/15, 16:55 »
Hi ladies,

I just wanted some advice as it's very early in for me. I am 5 weeks + 5 days today.

Bit about my past:
1st pregnancy found out baby was downs and other genetic conditions and that it would not survive long after birth, decided on termination at 21 weeks   :'(
Suspected miscarriage, I say suspected as I didn't do pregnancy test as it was early on
2nd pregnancy no heart beat found at 8 weeks, sample came back with another genetic disorder.  :-\
3rd pregnancy no heartbeat at 6 weeks, again sample came back with another genetic disorder.  :-\
Both husband and I had karyotype blood test, came back as normal.
Me 40 husband 31

Now I have been through ivf with donor eggs.
21st October the eggs where fertilized with my husbands sperm.
22nd October two very good quality eggs where transferred. Third one was frozen after successful cell division.
2 eggs transferred

5th November HCG results 193
9th November HCG results 810

Last Wednesday I had a big scare, I was in work and when I whiped I had some pinkish blood. I left work and went to GP. They did a stick pregnancy which showed positive then send me to hospital to the Gynocollogy unit. They did a swab to see if there was infection, I will get the results today hopefully. They said they will also give me an early scan for next week  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I really hope everything is Ok.
Gp suggested me to self certify myself off for a week and to take things easy, not stress and relax.
On Saturday night I whiped and I had a bleed again, this time bright red and a bit more but not enough to be on pad so I would only see every time I went to the loo and whiped. This lasted a few hours along with some cramps.
Today I went to Gp again as they said to go in if I had another bleed. She has now given me a sick note for two weeks and said that even if the scan was ok she may want me off for longer after that too...

Will I be able to see a heartbeat if things are ok and know if it's two or just one??
I am just so worried that this will end badly too  :'( :'(

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline danceintherain

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 16/11/15, 17:43 »
    Hi Donna - normally a heartbeat can be seen at 6 weeks, though sometimes not until 7 weeks. You should definitely be able to tell whether there is one or two gestational sacs. (I'm not a doctor of course, just going off previous experience and what I've been told at my IVF clinic).

Your hcg results look really positive - did you have them taken again today? I'm sorry for your losses. Pregnancy after a loss can be a huge worry, even when everything seems to be going right. It sounds as if you're doing everything you can. Signing off work is probably not a bad idea - whatever will help to reduce the stress and make things a bit easier for you while you wait for your scan.  ^hugme^

Offline VCR

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 16/11/15, 17:54 »
    Hi,

Sorry you're going through this, especially after previous losses.  I bled between 5 weeks and 9 weeks too in a similar-sounding way and it really stressed me out because of my history.

Are you using Cyclogest pessaries?  If so, vaginally or rectally?  If the former, I'd suggest you speak to your clinic about using them rectally instead.  I swapped and I'm almost certain this solved my bleeding problem. 

I should say it did return for a few days at 10w but that was caused by a minor sub-chorionic haematoma.

Vxx

Offline Donnerprinz

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 16/11/15, 20:29 »
    Hi,
    Yes I am using cyclogest Passaries vaginally, never blead  straight after them. I take 400mg at 9 am and same again at 9pm when I blead on Saturday it was just before the Passaries. I still put them in and it stopped soon after.

Not done another HCG but got my first midwife appointment on Wednesday so may ask her of if not I may ask when I go for my scan on Thursday.

Hoping things are ok  ^hugme^

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 17/11/15, 09:46 »
    Just moving this to pregnancy chat where you'll get more answers  ;)

Grey xx