* Author Topic: Please HELP!!!  (Read 862 times)

0 Members

Offline AS16

• Un-Ranked
modify
Please HELP!!!
« on: 18/11/15, 15:05 »
Hi,
I am a newbie here and We have been ttc for more than 2 years now . I was tested with hypothyrodism (8.2) in march 2014 .I am on levothyroxine (100mcg) since then .

Had my blood tests done last month (oct 2015) and got the results -

TSH -0.28
FSH - 12.6
AMH - 8.5

I am 31 yrs old and my doctor said ovarian reserve is low .He referred me to oxford fertility clinic for IVF and said even with IVF success rate is low .

Would my low value in AMH affect success rate of IVF ? I am very worried with what doctor said. :'( :'(

Anyone with similar values had success in IVF ?Anyone with IVF experience in oxford fertility clinic please?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bumble Bus

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    Please HELP!!!
    « Reply #1 on: 18/11/15, 23:11 »
    I can't help on FSH as my clinic didn't test but my AMH was 4.5 at same age as you. I did 3 fresh cycles and got eggs every time, all BFN but I believe that was due to immunes and I hit the jackpot with my FET when those issues were addressed.

I think your GP is being OTT, yes the hormones are an indicator of quantity but they tell you nothing about quality. I'd recommend doing some research on vits and supplements too. I think high dose of coQ10 helped my egg numbers and others will have other suggestions.

Good luck!
    BB x

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    Please HELP!!!
    « Reply #2 on: 19/11/15, 14:38 »
    Hi AS16

I got similar news to you back in March this year.  My results are worse than yours - from memory my FSH was 14.5 (higher is worse as I understand it) my AMH was 1.1  (lower is worst)

Your results are not nearly as bad plus you are 6 years younger than me, so I agree your GP is being OTT.  The best way forward is to go to Oxford and get them to do scans etc so they can see what's going on.

We got told by the NHS that they would not treat us as our chances were too low.  They actually also recommended Oxford funnily enough (we didn't want to trek into London)

We had some scans etc at Oxford and they basically said we had less than 1% chance of success with IVF.  We decided to go ahead as for me, I needed to try the process at least once, so I could have closure and it would enable me to move on to next steps eg egg donation / adoption.

Anyway, started the IVF process 1st October and had my egg collection 2nd Nov where they only managed to get two eggs (most women get 5-15/20 it seems from reading this board) so I wasn't holding out much hope.  Only one of them fertilised and I've just been through the two weeks wait and have had three pregnancy results come back as positive today.

I am completely aware that it could end at any time so to protect myself I'm not getting too excited but I guess the point is, it seems to have worked for me , my results are worse than yours and I'm older so don't give up hope.

In terms of Oxford, its only my first round of IVF so I have nothing to compare it to, but out of the three we visited it felt like the right one.  Everyone we have seen has been very good and caring, no rushed appointments.  The are flexible with appointment times and its easy to park.  They also have connections with Oxford University and they do a lot of research on reproduction with them.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do x

Offline AS16

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Please HELP!!!
    « Reply #3 on: 26/11/15, 16:51 »
    thanks for all the support ladies , really appreciate that. Feel very positive now.

@miss sd - I wish you all the luck and good wishes. ^pray^

Offline cinnamon75

• Gold Member
    modify
    Please HELP!!!
    « Reply #4 on: 26/11/15, 16:57 »
    Hi AS16

I was in a similar situation to you, hypothyroid but after 50mg of levothyroxine my TSH was 0.8 when last tested. My FSH was 13.5 and my AMH 10. I have had one cycle of ICSI and I managed to get a BFP but unfortunately at 8 weeks I miscarried. The good news is that I managed to get 8 eggs and a BFP with those figures, please don't think all is lost because there is definitely hope. Good luck xxx