* Author Topic: Clomid questions  (Read 448 times)

0 Members

Offline MsK

modify
Clomid questions
« on: 5/12/15, 16:20 »
Hi everyone,

My partner and I had unexplained infertility and after 5 rounds of IVF, conceived our amazing little boy.  We can't afford IVF again but would love the chance to have a sibling for our little one.  I am 39 and my hubby is 41.  I'm wondering whether Clomid would be worth trying, when we did IVF, we were lucky enough to have each aspect of it work well (apart from the negative results!) so no issues were identified there either. 

Has anyone had any success stories with Clomid and unexplained infertility, especially of a similar age to us?  Any experiences would be useful, thanks in advance :-)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rabbit100

modify
    Clomid questions
    « Reply #1 on: 8/12/15, 13:06 »
    Hi Msk

Sorry you haven't had any responses, I haven't had success with clomid but do know others that have (not sure of ages for one of them the other was in her 30's).  I would say if you want to try for a sibling and IVF is not an option financially then what's the harm in trying clomid? Also if clomid doesn't work you could try alternative forms of ovulation induction, I tried low dose of menopur, with trigger shot & progesterone. I've done that twice once in my late 30's which was successful but I subsequently miscarried (this was due to undiagnosed immune issues tho).  This route is more expensive with meds cost in circa 300 rather whereas clomid I believe costs next to nothing so you may get that on the NHS.

I would suggest if you really want a sibling for your son it worth trying the options that you feel are available to you so that you don't look back and regret not giving it a go in a few years time.

You could also try posting your question on the clomid / ovulation induction part of the board to see if you get a response.

Good luck with whatever you decide
    Rx